Thread Tools
Jan 18, 2011, 03:52 PM
Registered User
Ohio AV8TOR's Avatar
Discussion

Welders Glue


I am having problems finding Welders glue/adhesive locally. Where are you all finding it. I have been to two different Wal-marts and neither had it. I am getting ready to make an EPP order which has UHU por, is the UHU por basically the same (better or worse) or keep trying to locate the Welders?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 18, 2011, 04:01 PM
Registered User

Welders found at Lowes


The only place I can find it is at Lowes. Some have ordered direct from the maker Homax Products, Inc. Home Depo does NOT carry it.
Jim
Jan 18, 2011, 04:08 PM
Suspended Account
Dan5.0's Avatar
http://www.lowes.com/pd_74526-1168-7...&storeId=10151

...also most EPP kits on the market offer Welders too.
Jan 18, 2011, 04:10 PM
Registered User
Lowes is the only place I can find it as well. I almost didn't find it... I looked at the display area for adhesives and found nothing UNTIL I happened to see an endcap that had about 15 double tube packs this endcap was about 10-15 feet from where the rest of the adhesives were displayed


Edit to add:

The tubes I picked up were RED not the white tubes pictured above.
Jan 18, 2011, 04:22 PM
Registered User
mode1's Avatar
Also found mine at Lowes.
Jan 18, 2011, 04:24 PM
Suspended Account
Dan5.0's Avatar
All the stuff is the same, they even have the extra large silver tubes.

edit: silver tubes
https://www.hardwareworld.com/4oz-We...e-pIRUCR1.aspx

its like 4 tubes in 1
Jan 18, 2011, 05:57 PM
Registered User
Ohio AV8TOR's Avatar
Thanks for the info - off to Lowes when I have a break.
Jan 18, 2011, 08:25 PM
Lost but making good time
Ohio,

I normally find it in the paint department. Ask someone to type Welders glue or Welders adhesive into their workstation computer and it will tell you if it's in their store inventory and where it's located in the store.

Regards,

Hankg
Jan 23, 2011, 08:55 PM
Registered User
If you can't find the Welder's or UhU Por, the glue that I've found works the very best with all types of EPP foam,and dries the fastest also, is Quick Grip by Beacon Adhesives, I find it at Michael's and at my local hardware store.
Jan 23, 2011, 11:12 PM
Registered User
I just picked up the 2 pack of Welder's at my local Lowes; did not find it at Home Depot on an earlier search. Anyone care to address the original question: is it the same/better/worse than UHU? I have both, just curious...
Jan 24, 2011, 05:04 AM
RIP Azarr - "Old age is not for sissies"
Azarr's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo69cowboy View Post
I just picked up the 2 pack of Welder's at my local Lowes; did not find it at Home Depot on an earlier search. Anyone care to address the original question: is it the same/better/worse than UHU? I have both, just curious...
I have both, they're very similar in use. I've used UHU on EPP and it worked well. However, Welders will destroy Depron, FanFold and just about any foam that's not EPP.

Home Depot doesn't carry the Homax product. For those who don't have a Lowes nearby, you can order direct from the Homax web site.

Azarr
Jan 24, 2011, 12:23 PM
Fly lower!
aerolite's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarr View Post
I have both, they're very similar in use. I've used UHU on EPP and it worked well. However, Welders will destroy Depron, FanFold and just about any foam that's not EPP.

Home Depot doesn't carry the Homax product. For those who don't have a Lowes nearby, you can order direct from the Homax web site.

Azarr
so where can you purchase the uhu por glue?

aerolite
Jan 24, 2011, 12:54 PM
Registered User
RC foam out of North Carolina. They sell UHU POR & Beacon's Foam Tac which looks to be as good and is a lot cheaper.

http://rcfoam.com/cart.php?target=ca...category_id=90
Last edited by Scarface26; Jan 24, 2011 at 12:57 PM. Reason: add link
Jan 24, 2011, 01:03 PM
Fly lower!
aerolite's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface26 View Post
RC foam out of North Carolina. They sell UHU POR & Beacon's Foam Tac which looks to be as good and is a lot cheaper.

http://rcfoam.com/cart.php?target=ca...category_id=90
thanks for the info

aerolite
Jan 24, 2011, 01:54 PM
Sippin' on Kool Aid
lowes, near the paint section with all the adhesives.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Welders glue in cold weather karlpenney Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 0 Jan 02, 2011 02:52 PM
My new lathes, mills, welders... Bob Chiang The Builders Workshop 1 Dec 16, 2004 03:56 AM