New Official F3k Team Thread! - Page 47 - RC Groups
Jul 06, 2011, 02:43 PM
M Seid
Scores were not posted for partial round 7 when we left so I'm at a deficit with this update.

We will put our pilots to bed early tonite, sans ice cream for nick and be ready to rock tomorrow.

Right now- usa v sweden fifa wc some wine, then catch up on some work before bed.

My updates will continue throughout the flyoffs-its the least that I can do to thank you all for your support!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 06, 2011, 02:53 PM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
thanks for keeping us so tightly in the loop. It makes us all feel like we are there too.

All we can say is thanks for doing such a great job and thanks to the team for representing the USA!!!

thanks guys.

Frank
Jul 06, 2011, 03:39 PM
Come out swinging
Wurts...unreal!

Sean
Jul 06, 2011, 03:48 PM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
I look at the scores and all I can say is now I know there is such a thing as perfection.

Definitely a goal to strive for.......
Jul 06, 2011, 04:22 PM
Oleg Golovidov
Still enjoying the great weather. Complete opposite of the Nordic Cup. Very little to no wind, lots (LOTS) of sun, a little hot. Lift is great at times, but sink is still there
Made my ladder round relatively easy.
I was mostly in the state of panic during my Poker round. "Helmet fire", as Joe W says. I did not take any time to look around and estimate the air. First call 1:40 - made it. Second call 2:00 - made it, but struggled really bad. Had to run to the tree line 1/2 mile downwind as the apparent thermal near the field was not really there. Circled very far downwind to get a little altitude to make it back. Barely made it back, late on time but at least I am back on the field. 3rd call - 2:00, made it, had to run for a small crowd and joined their thermal low. 4th call 1:50, launched into big nothing, tried to join two other planes circling low and never connected with the thermal. Instead of terminating early, continued to a painful death about 50-80 yards from the field. Bruce ran for the model before I even finished the "flight". Launched again and struggled to make the 1:50 call. Had to go over the tents area, there was another model going that way and it seemed promising. Found very light lift, extended the flight a little. All this time we were close with the other model. On the way back running parallel, still in the state of panic, my model jumped up a little and knocked the other model lightly, both recovered with minimal loss. I continued back and made my 1:50 with about 18 seconds remaining. Bruce suggested that I make another call and toss it. The watch showed 16 seconds as I was winding up. Called 14 seconds and made it... What a disaster round. As I landed, Henrik expressed his dissatisfaction with me quite loudly, and continued to be very upset. It was his model that I touched and apparently he was 2sec short on time...
Still shaken by the previous round, went to fly 5x2min only 1 heat later. Flew it like I did not care anymore, and did quite well, lost 9 seconds, doing slow catches and re-launches. Should have done tip catches...
A few points lost really puts one down the list. I am back to 18th place after 6 rounds.
Round 7 did not finish today, 2 more groups remain for tomorrow. We will likely fly 10 rounds in all, I doubt we will start 11th round tomorrow as it would have to be finished on Friday and the organizers do not want to use Friday.
Jul 06, 2011, 04:34 PM
or GPS, F, J, K, or even TD
Hey, has anyone seen Roland Sommer of CX2 fame there? Don't see his name on the Score sheet, and I thought he was to be flying. Other Taiwan team members there? I see Kai's name.

Hang in there Oleg. Still lots of flying left to do. Great job Juniors.

Mike
Jul 06, 2011, 05:12 PM
http://www.f3k-wc-2011.se/DynamicFil...l%20scores.pdf

Roland is there as is the other Taiwan team member.

Tom
Jul 06, 2011, 05:20 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Lost plenty of time doing hardwood floors in the last 2 days.... checking out this thread.
I can't seem to tear myself away from it.

Go team USA!
Jul 06, 2011, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp
Lost plenty of time doing hardwood floors in the last 2 days.... checking out this thread.
I can't seem to tear myself away from it.

Go team USA!
you and me both
Jul 06, 2011, 05:25 PM
Jim C
How many "watch malfunctions" have there been?

Nice job guys. Keep your helmets cool
Jul 06, 2011, 06:09 PM
Launch high. Fly low.
It seems that my previous comment about not holding back is backfiring as I seem to be the one holding the senior team back My body can't seem to adjust to the time change and erratic weather.
We're hopeful to fly three more rounds tomorrow.

Jun
Jul 06, 2011, 06:39 PM
Father of Fr3aK, DLG Pilot
Nobody is holding anyone back Jun. Get some rest and give it your all tomorrow.
Jul 06, 2011, 06:47 PM
Yeah, don't bother carrying around any extra burdens Jun. Just go out and fly like its a practice day. Have fun, relax, and enjoy the event.

Cheers.

Mike
Jul 06, 2011, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiesling
http://www.f3k-wc-2011.se/DynamicFil...l%20scores.pdf

Roland is there as is the other Taiwan team member.

Tom
Thanks Tom. didn't go to the WC sites score sheets.. should have.

M
Jul 06, 2011, 06:52 PM
Launch low. Fly high ;)
Jun you are doing great. Get a good nights sleep and everything will come together. With you the force is, Jun!!
Last edited by Hanger Rash; Jul 06, 2011 at 06:59 PM.