Jul 04, 2011, 08:05 PM
Kyle Clayton
Thats Reto's "66M launch" outfit
Latest blog entry: Helios and XXLite DLG
to remove ads between posts
Jul 04, 2011, 08:13 PM
Original Bloody Spadder
hey guys two things 1 planes not meeting spec???? what gives
2 paul anderson is there look how your all dressed !! thanks paul you got the guys looking great!! hope you all do good tomorrow good luck john
Jul 04, 2011, 08:30 PM
Walter Roos
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom43004
Dave,

You just dab on some black CA and after it cures, dab on more... creating a buildup. You can sand it back to round for cosmetics. Another method is to pour half a gram of 5 minute epoxy in the nose and then just sand the front slightly more blunt.

I don't remember them ever checking nose radius at the NATs. They COULD, but I don't remember it ever happening.
That will probably be up to the CD, Don C. and I'll bet he's reading this thread. Then again, Don's pretty easy going.

walt

PS

Reto, after seeing that photo of you in your Cross-Dressing, I'm offically resigning as a charter member of the Americans for Reto Fan Club.
Last edited by ROOSWH; Jul 04, 2011 at 08:48 PM.
Jul 04, 2011, 09:46 PM
or GPS, F, J, K, or even TD
Glad you are all.having fun. Looks like you're all ready for tomorrow. Good luck fellas.

Mike
Jul 04, 2011, 09:53 PM
hass-alfed and bass-ackwards
The standard is two pieces of wood duct-taped to a table?!?!?!
Jul 04, 2011, 10:07 PM
excelling at mediocrity
I thought the same thing Tim but I couldn't see the second piece in the pics...
...it's "adjustable"...
Jul 05, 2011, 12:24 AM
Father of Fr3aK, DLG Pilot
Just a couple hours away now... good luck guys. I guess I can plan on getting NOTHING done next week 'cuz I'll be glued to this thread, the NZ facebook, the Swiss bloggers...
Jul 05, 2011, 12:25 AM
Great photos, just great. Many thanks!

Yours, Greg
Jul 05, 2011, 02:05 AM
what's the motor for?
Good Luck Team USA (and Reto) - I know you will represent us well. Of course keep having fun while doing it! I too will be glued to the various updates instead of working. Frank D
Jul 05, 2011, 03:29 AM
M Seid

Round 1

Gmo: last fly: 5:00 min
N tasto: 5:00
Air is soft, but gettable. Not all pilots got their time in either round.

Next up is jun.
Jul 05, 2011, 03:55 AM
Thanks Mike for the quick update.

Clay
Jul 05, 2011, 04:57 AM
M Seid
Round 1 usa cont:
Oleg maxed
Nick tasto Maxed
Jun made 3:01 winner likely @ 3:40ish
David ashinkt burned a flt early and with a little reluctance, but it paid oiff and maxed
Oleg was oleglaunched at the tone and maxed
Lee atchison burned his first flight and relit into a thermal and flew absolutely beautifully working light air back - he was really patient and let theair mature. He really worked hard and made it with a little time to spare. Great flying juniors with 3 "G"s to start the day!
Jul 05, 2011, 06:36 AM
M Seid
round 2

George morris 3x3 maxed al flt 3rd flt he was on the wrong side and burned a quick 30s, and relit on a flat low launch into the bottom of a nice piece and went up quickly
Jun maxed
Lee flew a very nice round but fell a little short on his second flt. Not sure if there was a jr that maxed
Lunch break now, then ashinsky, oleg, tasto fly.

Updates are coming via mobile and my hands are quite cold. Apologies for any spelling errors.

Weather is low 60s and damp air with variable air nothing more than 3 mph overcast. The swedes are sunbathing.
Jul 05, 2011, 06:58 AM
Yeah this swedish summer :-) The brits are having shorts.
Jul 05, 2011, 07:42 AM
hass-alfed and bass-ackwards
Awesome! Thanks for the updates, MikE!!!