New Official F3k Team Thread! - Page 38 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jul 04, 2011, 01:23 PM
launch low, fly high
Quote:
Originally Posted by Launch-1
If you've got time in the next few days, can you explain the fix for the Stobel nose radius? (sand paper & black CA)

I'm headed to the NATS next week, and if my plane fails the inspection, I'd like to know how you guys in Sweden remedied the problem. (there are lots of Stobels out there, so I'm sure there will be interest in the subject).

Thanks,
Dave Runyon
About 30 seconds with 320 sandpaper will fix the problem. No black CA needed. The amount of material that is needed to change the radius to the required value is about an rch or so...
to remove ads between posts
Jul 04, 2011, 01:46 PM
Must Luv DLG

The Cure

Thanks for the nose alteration tips (no pun).

I sent a note to the NATS CD, asking for advice.
Jul 04, 2011, 02:33 PM
Peewee Paraparaumu New Zealand

Photos and Info F3K worlds team NZ Site

Hey guys.

Lots of photos and info here and some writeups!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/F3k-Te...36051809744750

best Peewee and Rowdy
Jul 04, 2011, 02:58 PM
usaf3kteam
Well we are still alive but we never have time to do much because it is lots of work just to get set up. All of our pilots are ready and looking great. The Joiners are having troubles with planes. We will be working on planes tonight for them. Davids father will be busy working on Davids planes he is a go getter. Charlie had lost a plane also bad carnage. It was not a problem with his flying or radio trouble will leave it at that. Oleg is looking fantastic, Jun is looking the fantastic also and I am doing well. Today weather cool and no sun lots lift. Roland Sommer made me a wing that weighs 131 grams and it is beautiful red and flies fantastic thank you Roland. All the different people are very nice and happy to be at the worlds. The amount of top end pilots is incredible it is like having Poway with all pilots being equal. The field is incredible and can kill you sink is crazy lots like the team try outs were. Joe W is I think in my first round I can't wait to fly with him he is great. In Arboga most restaurants are Pizza who would figure. The Hotel is a family owned and operated it is in old town Arboga and the have Arboga beer and it is good. Finding are way around is a joke, it is so congeted all buildings look simulair. Still waiting for Swetish girls to take me down. The town has cars and bikes all over but the town looks like a ghost town very weird. English most of the people know it here so that is not a problem, but they dont like to be called dude LOL. Types of planes their are many that I have never seen and they all fly great. The most are Blaster-3 then Sal Peters, Steigs, Stobels, Conceptx2s and many others. Oleg takes lots pictures and he is lots fun to hang with. Tomorrow we will work as a complete team and work together. David won the prelims as a joiner he is a fantastic pilot and he has a great attitude. I got to time for him and we hit it off. Nick is also flying calm and colective and is ready to go. Lee is having fun and I ride him abit and he is a charactor but if he finds lift he will do fine. Today Oleg woke me up and I have done just that thanks Oleg I needed it. I think that Jun has gotten over jet lag just today and is ready. Charlie and Oleg flew great at the prelim contest the sink was crazy. Well time for shower and sleep thank to all of you and our sponsors for making this happen you are all the best.
Jul 04, 2011, 03:07 PM
hass-alfed and bass-ackwards
Thanks for posting, George. It's good to hear you all are having a good time. Now get rested so that tomorrow, you can show 'em all how it's done!

P.S. Make sure you soak up that cool air. We're still locked into that heat wave you left us with. 118* the other day!
Jul 04, 2011, 03:35 PM
You can also get some live coverage on the Swedish Team site on facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/h...337676422&ap=1

/Stefan
Jul 04, 2011, 03:56 PM
George (and the rest of the team):

Many thanks for taking the time. I hope you all have a crazy good time - we are counting on it, and it's very,very good to hear that it's fun.

Yours, Greg
Jul 04, 2011, 04:48 PM
usaf3kteam
Hey guys its Jenn. I just wanted to see how the scores were looking? Or is that confidential?Haha. Anyways it looks like you are all having fun so lets keep it that way!
-Jenn
Jul 04, 2011, 05:16 PM
M Seid
Team managers meeting concluded a little earlier tonite, and the organizers have done a very good job preparing for this meeting. It is evident that they have spent a lot of time today thinking clearly and provided excellent guidance. I wish I had a couple more minutes- and a working camera to post the memo from them tonite, but we are up early tomorrow. There are A through I flight groups for Srs and A-C for juniors. 12 will go to the flyoffs for seniors, 8 for juniors. It is not yet known how the contest will be staggered between rounds flown by seniors and juniors. What we do know is seniors will start at 830 tomorrow morning with group A, and we will fly until a prescribed time, likely to be around 7 pm local.

Ill have my ipad with me in the Team Managers box, and hope to be able to update frequently.

Thank you to the contest organizers, the swedish model federation, and FAI, for a first class opening ceremony that was dignified by both the Mayor of Arboga, and the president of the FAI. It was covered by the local news media.

We are proud to be representing the USA at the WCs. Happy fourth of July!
Jul 04, 2011, 05:25 PM
Launch high. Fly low.
Dude!!!
Jul 04, 2011, 05:31 PM
hass-alfed and bass-ackwards
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Seid
Ill have my ipad with me in the Team Managers box, and hope to be able to update frequently.

We are proud to be representing the USA at the WCs. Happy fourth of July!
It's great fo you to think of keeping us informed, but please don't let us keep you from any of your official duties!

I rather hear, after the fact, about how hard you worked to get the whole team on the podium, than to hear, in real time, that you just missed filing a protest dispute, or some other random thing most of us know nothing about!
Jul 04, 2011, 07:24 PM
Must Luv DLG
Best Wishes from the scorching Colorado Rocky Mountain High this 4th of July.
Jul 04, 2011, 07:35 PM
Best wishes from Tempe as well (only 108 today, woo)
Happy 4th Dudes Thanks for the update Geo!