hass-alfed and bass-ackwards
A few shots of a few of our guys shamelessly stolen from facebook:
to remove ads between posts
Jul 03, 2011, 01:57 PM
I Like Popcorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsoti
LIES!!!! Shamelessly stolen from FlyQuiet!!!! (I took them from FB and renamed them - hence how I know)
Jul 03, 2011, 02:09 PM
Walter Roos
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsoti
Well,
George sure looks ready. 4th of July PJs and all.
Not too sure about that head gear though.

George,
with you flying, and brother Charlie calling, I've really got to be pulling for ya.

Again, good luck to all contestants,

walt
Jul 03, 2011, 02:24 PM
hass-alfed and bass-ackwards
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylite
LIES!!!! Shamelessly stolen from FlyQuiet!!!! (I took them from FB and renamed them - hence how I know)
Fair enough. HE stole them from FB!

FWIW, I thought I was posting in our Arizona thread.
Jul 03, 2011, 02:32 PM
I Like Popcorn
Ah no I was asked to leach off Nick C's FB page as the wifi at the camp sucks

Anyway - we should hear the results of the first comp soon, sitting here awaiting news on the wire
Jul 03, 2011, 04:35 PM
I Like Popcorn
Looks like Joe Wurts won the Nordic Open!
Jul 03, 2011, 04:51 PM
Bruce Davidson
And David Ashinsky won junior! I don't have the final scores but I can tell you Oleg finished 7th

Working on a report for you guys. Our days are full and with sunset, well never, it seems like midnight just sneeks up on ya.

Bruce
Jul 03, 2011, 05:28 PM
Bruce Davidson
We all have a serious case of F3K overload but in a good way. The team now has the hotel to ourselves, it is 11:00. We are spread out in the lobby with a bucket of local beverages and marking all the models in preparation for the check in tomorrow. After the contest today we had a team meeting so Mike and I could address all questions at the team managers meeting. The pre contest had more than it's share of problems and glitches but the intention is to prepare the contestants and organizers for the big dance. It was a looong meeting but the organizers were open all the suggestions and addressed every question. I really liked the fact that they took notes and asked us give them a day to discuss things with the jury before they made some decisions. They scheduled another TM meeting tomorrow to ensure we are all happy.

I think as a team we performed really well over the last 2 days and I am going into the WC with high confidence in the champions we selected to represent the USA. The parents and helpers that came along have proven to be a valuable asset in taking care of EVERYTHING other than flying. It is great to have a support system here to ensure our bellies are full, we are well hydrated and models are repaired and charged.

Tomorrow morning we have an appointment for model check in at 09:30. We also have the flying field to ourselves for official practice from 2:00-2:30. The flying site in on a full scale airfield so they will have an area marked for open flying all day. It should be a nice day to loosen up and hang with friends.

Bruce
Jul 03, 2011, 05:29 PM
Kyle Clayton
Did David knockout (literally) the rest of this competition with that cursed black Stobel? sorry, I couldn't resist. Jr. and Cherry from the Sonic in York, SC say congrats! Nice flying guys. Reading the posts at night time, it sounds like a drinking and partying event with 2 dlg contests thrown in. Keep making us proud boys!
Latest blog entry: Helios and XXLite DLG
Jul 03, 2011, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the updates Bruce, (Happy B Day too).
Make sure the team stays rested and focused on the task ahead. It's just like flying here at home, the team kicks our butts here and can do it to the rest of the world there as well!
Jul 03, 2011, 06:11 PM
I Like Popcorn
Aye - Happy Birthday Bruce
Jul 03, 2011, 06:16 PM
Happy Birthday from Az Bruce
Jul 03, 2011, 06:17 PM
Go Team USA! Have fun flying and making new friends.
Best of Luck and Good Air!
Ray
Jul 03, 2011, 06:32 PM
Dan Smithson
George......you are the best.....enjoy. Go team USA..
Jul 03, 2011, 06:33 PM
Bruce Davidson
Any of you facebookers should check the team New Zealand page for pictures and stuff.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/F3k-T...36051809744750

Bruce