New Official F3k Team Thread! - Page 27 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 14, 2011, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptsnoopy
My DLG's are packed. I have the Elf to play with for the next two weeks...

Charlie
Are you guys going to ship it or take it with you in sportstube ?

-Kai
to remove ads between posts
Jun 15, 2011, 12:27 AM
Where is the lift?
Going to ship it in a Sportstube...

It seemed to be the best way to keep options open for the return trip. The only big concern is if it gets caught up in customs, I may have nothing to fly..

Charlie
Jun 17, 2011, 07:59 PM
Launch high. Fly low.
Two Stobels packed in a Sportube. Third Stobel (heavy one) stays assembled for practice 'til the last minute.
Getting psyched to compete and fly in the midnight sun! No more holding back!!!

SOAR!!!

Jun
Jun 17, 2011, 10:12 PM
Must Luv DLG

Gotta Believe

No More Holding Back.............I Love That
Jun 17, 2011, 11:37 PM
or GPS, F, J, K, or even TD
You go Jun bug! We're rootin' for you, and Gmo, and Olgol, and the boys...
Jun 17, 2011, 11:46 PM
usaf3kteam
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLY F3B
You go Jun bug! We're rootin' for you, and Gmo, and Olgol, and the boys...
Thanks Mike that means alot from you and the USA rc community without all of you this would be impossible.
Jun 18, 2011, 01:12 PM
Limbo with 30,000V...
Go team USA! You guys ROCK! Best of luck in the travels/shipping/flying!
Jun 18, 2011, 09:44 PM
hass-alfed and bass-ackwards
If I can fit myself into a sport-tube, will you guys take me with? I'll pay the "overweight baggage" fees.
Jun 20, 2011, 09:26 AM
Bruce Davidson
The team funding got a big bump this weekend at the York, SC contest. Jeff Carr put together a great event and gave the East coast team pilots one last exercise before the big dance in Sweden. Jeff and the York County Flyers decided to support the team with portions of the entry fee, lunch and a donation jar. At the end of the weekend they handed me a check for $329 in support of the team.

One of the attending pilots was talking to me on Saturday morning and asked for my paypal address. He wanted to match the fund raising efforts from the Lee task. Sunday morning I had a e-mail worth $563 in my box. Thank you sir for our anonymous donation!

Bruce
Jun 20, 2011, 05:27 PM
Where is the lift?
WOW!

Thanks you guys!!!

Charlie
Jun 20, 2011, 09:05 PM
Adam RED Weston

Seattle Chips In

The Seattle Area Soaring Society just donated $750 to the F3K team... a combination of the proceeds from the last couple of HLG contests and some personal club member donations as well.

Good luck team... be sure they don't forget who invented this sport!

RED
Jun 20, 2011, 09:36 PM
usaf3kteam
Man to all of you thanks for everything you are all the best.
Jun 21, 2011, 08:52 AM
It is great to see so many great people step up and help our USA team make this trip. Next year if we all work on this more maybe the money can be doubled.
Jun 23, 2011, 04:20 PM
Yeah, i have that same hope.. I am also hoping to get my $100 hat one of these days.... Seid?
Jun 23, 2011, 04:24 PM
also, its very important to remember that tax deductible donations and contributions can be made any time to the AMA on behalf of the f3k team. So if you are looking to reduce you tax exposure send the AMA some money and tell them to put it in the f3k team fund.

Mike