Jan 17, 2011, 03:39 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Maule M-7-260 -- 42" wingspan

Here is my Maule M-7-260 scratchbuild. Three views were taken from the Airplane Flight Manual available on the Maule website. It is my second attempt at a foamy airplane, but hopefully it will work out alright!

The wing struts are flexed in the pictures, but when the airplane is picked up by the wings, the struts straighten out. It has four HS-55's and two Airtronics servos, a Super Tiger 30 amp speed control, and a Super Tiger 400 motor in it. I think that I will use a 1300mAh or a 2200mAh battery to fly it, as a friend of mine has both of those batteries...

I have attached the plans, but the bulkheads are sized for foam with no thickness. Until you find such foam, the bulkhead outlines will need to be reduced by the thickness of the foam on each side.

Once the wind quits, I'll go see how it flies!
to remove ads between posts
Jan 17, 2011, 03:57 PM
From trucks to planes
Wow simple and great looking build. I just made a BB42 not long ago, looks like a nice step up from a trainer to a more scale plane. I love the full aileron and flap setup. 6 servos!! 1 per flap and aileron so that's 4? 2 for tail?
Jan 17, 2011, 04:21 PM
Thread OP
Yes, there is one servo for each aileron, one for each flap, and then two for the tail. It made the servo linkage setup nice!
Jan 19, 2011, 06:19 PM
Thread OP
Well, a friend of mine flew the Maule yesterday evening, and if flew fine. This morning I took it out, but the transmitter batteries were dead, and by the time I went to the store to pick up good ones, the wind picked up again... Maybe tomorrow or Friday morning, if I'm lucky!
Sep 12, 2019, 10:54 AM
Low And Slow 3D Pilot
I need some help figuring out the plans on this. Do I cut the bulkheads on all those inside marks? It is kind of confusing with the vertical stab with all the lines on it. Do I cut those also?
Sep 14, 2019, 10:36 AM
I never end to surprise me because how many good designs are here in the forum but for some reasons have been forgotten.
The plans are really cryptic, but I think worth the effort to solve the puzzle... Oliver, try to cut the pieces in paper to understand it.
Sep 14, 2019, 03:07 PM
Low And Slow 3D Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajazo
I never end to surprise me because how many good designs are here in the forum but for some reasons have been forgotten.
The plans are really cryptic, but I think worth the effort to solve the puzzle... Oliver, try to cut the pieces in paper to understand it.
Alrighty. I just need to pick up some foam at some point and give it a try.

Quick Reply