Jul 28, 2011, 08:46 PM
Human Being
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
Oh, are those HS 55 servos digital or does it matter?
Thanks
not sure about the hs55's, but i'm certain that it does matter if they are digital or analog. i meant to get the digital ones for my walkera 2702 receiver, but ordered the analog ones instead (all the difference was an A at the end of the part number instead of a D) and they didn't work at all, went hog wild and then stopped working completely . That's why my v400 is still missing servos because i stole the digital ones out of it for my v450pro since the 400 was out anyway. So, keep that in mind when searching for servos, for most of the walkera stuff it has to be digital.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 28, 2011, 09:31 PM
Barnstorm
the hs55's are digital. Check the v400 thread on helifreak. I wish I would've went with them instead of the Exi 213's. They're plastic gear so they wont survive crashes as well as mg servos. The 5065l is mg but double the price $19.99. Hope that helps.
Jul 28, 2011, 10:31 PM
They call me plan B
Anyone bored or grounded....
V400D02 july 28 2011.MOV (7 min 55 sec)
Jul 28, 2011, 10:34 PM
so we could fit any servo on our v400 as long as it is digital servo right?

i havent have time to fly my v400 yet.. hope to find time on this weekend
Jul 28, 2011, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgibbons View Post
I think they're still offering free shipping for orders over $25 through the end of the month.

Just enter: HHFREESHIP when you check out.
Thanks dgibbons, I read a lot of posts over there. Has anybody tried the HiTec HH-65 DS? My current motor has lasted about 50 flights now. Shortest flight is 5 min longest flight is 7 min. I'm keeping the stock blades and using the smaller batteries. I keep the pitch and pitch travel down so as not to put much load on the motor. I think those 4 things are making the motor last longer. All those things are to keep the heat down. Oh yeah, I burnest the motor I've had for a while. It was 100 degrees here today, so I like to fly in the morning.

I think when I get the money I'll go flybarless on my blue Ray and thats the one you can fly in the heat and I think its worth putting the money into.
Jul 28, 2011, 11:44 PM
Barnstorm,

I'm thinking fbl 450 just can't decide which way to go. I have a chance to get a v450 used @ a great price which is kinda tempting. Will have to resolve the walkera servo issue. This is one is crashed & will need servos & a swashplate & don't know what else. I had my v400 for nearly 6 weeks before I started thinking about the next heli.

I don't have any 1st hand experience with the hs 65's so I couldn't say.
Jul 28, 2011, 11:56 PM
sam

you'll want to consider the size of the servo as well. some servos also need to be reversed in order to work. the exi 213 require some modification to the bracket to make them fit. I also mounted the linkage on the inside of the servo arms to make the exi 213's fit (especially the aileron servo will bind on the brushed motor otherwise). The hitec is a bit smaller (closer to stock size) and imo a better, more responsive servo. Neither the exi or hitec needed to be reversed to work correctly.
Jul 29, 2011, 12:21 AM
Human Being
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
your flying skills are getting pretty good there! mine have also been improving, but i've still been too lazy to shoot video then figure out setting up a youtube channel and whatnot. Had a great flying day today with my v450pro, took it back to the open area behind my house that has a big open area and had it up about 30 feet and did some nice flying around there

oh, did you ever end up finding out why your brother's rx melted? something with the battery or esc, or just a bad rx? I think about that sometimes and just hope my heli doesn't try to fly to the moon like his did
Jul 29, 2011, 07:39 AM
They call me plan B
Thanks dil

The utube channel is easy to set up. I have had mine set up since my motorcycles . My bro rx still is a mystery. But it wasnt going. Up ...it was coming down that was the scarey part. Hell i hope mine never goes up ...that would be so bad.
Jul 29, 2011, 08:21 AM
i just open up my WK2603...
and change it from mode1 to mode2..
i dono if i will regret this..
cause i have tear the warranty sticker,

btw is the throttle trim should be 50% and the others should be 50%?
i have change from mode1 to mode2,
I saw at mode1 the throttle trim is at 0% so i move it too

havent try flying yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgibbons View Post
sam

you'll want to consider the size of the servo as well. some servos also need to be reversed in order to work. the exi 213 require some modification to the bracket to make them fit. I also mounted the linkage on the inside of the servo arms to make the exi 213's fit (especially the aileron servo will bind on the brushed motor otherwise). The hitec is a bit smaller (closer to stock size) and imo a better, more responsive servo. Neither the exi or hitec needed to be reversed to work correctly.
Thanks Digibbons... now i know which to get when mine is time to change..
Jul 29, 2011, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
Hi Heli Biggie, thats really cool taking off from the porch like that.
Yesterday I took my V400D to the park by my house. It was 100 degrees. When I stopped, the motor was so hot I couldn't touch it. This morning I went there again. Its about 60 degrees and after my flight the motor was barely warm! The ambient temp makes such a big diffirence.
Jul 29, 2011, 09:48 AM
They call me plan B
Ya its been that hot here in ga also , but i dont try touching the motor . I guess its gonna die , if its gonna die. I cant worry about the future.i have today off so i hope to fly the heli out of these things , but its gusty
Jul 29, 2011, 09:53 AM
Human Being
Sam,
Yeah, throttle trim should be at 0% because you want to make sure it is not giving itself any throttle that you don't want it to. The others should be at 50%. When you changed from mode 1 to mode 2 did you have to take your controller apart? Mine came in mode 2 so I'm just curious.
Jul 29, 2011, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilberto View Post
Sam,
Yeah, throttle trim should be at 0% because you want to make sure it is not giving itself any throttle that you don't want it to. The others should be at 50%. When you changed from mode 1 to mode 2 did you have to take your controller apart? Mine came in mode 2 so I'm just curious.
Thanks Dilberto...
so now i guess everything is correct ..
have to find a time to take her to empty field to fly..
Jul 29, 2011, 11:26 AM
They call me plan B
I have my camera mount all setup on the nose of the v400. I hope i get good video. Not wavey. Still windy.....

Quick Reply