Jan 02, 2013, 12:05 PM
Moving Parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011
I am running the Fusonics in my 450 Pro clone heli, and I had Hitecs in my V400 which I have since sold on to Kdean. I would rate the performance of the Hitecs as superior to the Fusonics, without a doubt in my mind. I say this due mostly to comparing the smoothness of operation and the amount of free play in the gears while not powered, as well as the fact that replacement gears and cases are widely available for the Hitecs (they are 'keepers'), whereas there are no spare parts for the Fusonics (they are disposeable, I guess). On the other hand, the Hitecs are quite expensive from the start, and the Fusonics have been perfectly reliable for me--no glitches or any other aberrations to speak of. I do find the Fusonics to be a jumpy, so you will have to do your best to tone that down.

If given a choice in which money was not a factor, I would jump at the Hitecs in a heartbeat . . . unless I had a DEVO rx in my heli. There is no way I would screw around with unplugging servos with every new battery. So, if you have a DEVO Rx, I think the Hitecs are out of the equation, leaving the Fusonics or some other brand as the only reasonable answer.
Sounds like the devo is a can of worms.

The Hitec's I am using (5065) so far are super. I really like having the ability to program them!
to remove ads between posts
Jan 02, 2013, 12:18 PM
Folding Spacetime
I am currently rebuilding my 450 Pro, and I have been seriously weighing the purchase of Hitec 5065s--they appear to be the convensionally accepted standard for the trex 450 pro. When you say you can program them, what are you programming? What are you changing? Is the servo-centering position programmable?
Jan 02, 2013, 12:59 PM
Quote:
@ Chopper Jack it would be great if you could come up with a aluminum rear support.
Heh, I said retired but I do have friends in the building. What would prompt me to do that is for mine to break. :-0. Believe me as this happens, and it looks like it will, the wheels in my head will be turning.
And Thank You so much for the taming setting numbers! [quote]

Quote:
@Lasakro api- you might want to try this cable: http://www.hobby-usa.com/shop/produc...oducts_id=9524
Thanks, I ordered one from RadicalRC.

What is the consensus on the Walkera metal servos for the v400? The WK- 7.6-9's that is. Where are you guys getting them? Do they rotate the correct way out of the box?

Thanks!
Last edited by gapi; Jan 02, 2013 at 01:50 PM.
Jan 02, 2013, 02:16 PM
Moving Parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011
I am currently rebuilding my 450 Pro, and I have been seriously weighing the purchase of Hitec 5065s--they appear to be the convensionally accepted standard for the trex 450 pro. When you say you can program them, what are you programming? What are you changing? Is the servo-centering position programmable?
I'm using the PC programmer HPP-21. It will enable you to program the servo horn so it is at 90 degrees - centered. However, you sort of have to guess at the ends and it helps to have the servos installed and swash leveling tool in place to help you make the adjustment.

It takes a little trial and error but produces excellent results. You can also save each servo parameters in case you might need them again later. After I got finished with my Trex 450, all three servos move together throughout their range. You can't get that with subtrim adjustments. At least, I never could.
Jan 02, 2013, 03:17 PM
Seeking Control
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperJack
I'm using the PC programmer HPP-21. It will enable you to program the servo horn so it is at 90 degrees - centered. However, you sort of have to guess at the ends and it helps to have the servos installed and swash leveling tool in place to help you make the adjustment.

It takes a little trial and error but produces excellent results. You can also save each servo parameters in case you might need them again later. After I got finished with my Trex 450, all three servos move together throughout their range. You can't get that with subtrim adjustments. At least, I never could.
I'm about to order the 5065's for my 480 build and I'll be using the Devo rx802. Disconnecting servo to bind is unacceptable. Will that be the case?
Jan 02, 2013, 03:45 PM
Moving Parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasakro
I'm about to order the 5065's for my 480 build and I'll be using the Devo rx802. Disconnecting servo to bind is unacceptable. Will that be the case?
I don't own a Devo yet so don't know.
Jan 02, 2013, 04:45 PM
Folding Spacetime
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperJack

Hi, thanks, sounds pretty cool. I might just pull the trigger on these in the not too distant future.
Jan 02, 2013, 04:51 PM
BahamaHeli
Thread OP
Quote:
pulling the servo plug is so the 3axis gyro would work properly. A regular rx should not have this problem. But i'm just guessing. With walkera stuff, you never know until you try.
Jan 02, 2013, 05:18 PM
Seeking Control
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean
pulling the servo plug is so the 3axis gyro would work properly. A regular rx should not have this problem. But i'm just guessing. With walkera stuff, you never know until you try.
Yes, but the 601, 802 and 1002 have gyros in them. More research...
Jan 02, 2013, 08:32 PM
Hi guys, Still reading. I'm in 2011 now.

I am getting some confusion, When going to the Turnigy TGY90S servos some are saying some direction reversing is needed and then I read some saying not.
I will have the WK-2403 Radio.
I like the price and want them for the co-called smooth or slower beginner like characteristics.

Talk to me.
Jan 02, 2013, 08:45 PM
Seeking Control
Don't worry if they are direct or reverse it that's what you are going with. You will change them in the tx.

Slow / beginner is not setup at the servo but at your tx. 2603 correct? When do you get the V400?
Jan 02, 2013, 08:47 PM
First off, thanks everyone for a great thread. I've actually read through all 529 pages and it is amazing the group of folks on this thread are still going strong and sharing information, and good will with each other.

I have both a Master CP and v400 and just installed Hitecs in the Master CP. With the programmer, I set the mid-point to be exact and reversed the travel and they are working awesome. I have a Devo 10 and have no issues with that binding to that rx.

I decided to try a v400 rx with them and as stated, I couldn't get the rx to bind without having the aile servo disconnected. I'm running the Deviation firmware and even tried a fixed ID with no luck.

Fortunately, I also have a set of the Fusonic MG servos and plan to install those in the v400.

Lasakro - I have the 1002 rx as well, and I can try it with my Hitec servos to see if there is a binding issue, if you like. By the way, it doesn't have an internal gyro, just a plain 10 channel rx.It came with my Devo 10.

Chris
Jan 02, 2013, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Don't worry if they are direct or reverse it that's what you are going with. You will change them in the tx.

Slow / beginner is not setup at the servo but at your tx. 2603 correct? When do you get the V400?
It will be put into the mail on Saturday from Buffalo NY to N. GA. I believe the Radio is a WK-2403. Its a RTF setup. New.
Jan 02, 2013, 08:57 PM
I am trying to order the TGY90S from HobbyKing and it keeps coming up MG90S.

Metal Gear 90S? Is this what I want for a V400D02?
Jan 02, 2013, 08:59 PM
You guys that are getting the HiTec 5065, I wouild suggest getting the breakaway servo horns. I've stripped the gears in them before and they are a p-i-t-a to replace.
I got mine from Tarot and they're cheap.
Haven't tried them yet

Quick Reply