Thread Tools
Old Jun 22, 2012, 03:21 PM
fastfwd is offline
Find More Posts by fastfwd
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenechong View Post
Hi all,

Does anyone know what is wrong if my v400 stop spinning on throttle with a fully charged battery? I suspect either the battery or the ESC is broken. Has anyone got the same problem before?
check that the motor gear is meshing with the main gear ?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 22, 2012, 03:26 PM
fastfwd is offline
Find More Posts by fastfwd
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by segdohbird View Post
So How do I get in contact with Coco2010 ???

COCO PM ME WHEN YOU GET TIME....I NEED A FRAME IF YOU HAVE ANY AVILABLE !
click on his name then scroll down until you see message. i have one and i also have the aluminum tail boom support
Old Jun 22, 2012, 11:54 PM
CO2X is offline
Find More Posts by CO2X
Registered User
CO2X's Avatar

V400eVERFRAME/SUPERFRAME


Quote:
Originally Posted by segdohbird View Post
So How do I get in contact with Coco2010 ???

COCO PM ME WHEN YOU GET TIME....I NEED A FRAME IF YOU HAVE ANY AVILABLE !
YES, I still have 3 PCS of the V400 SUPERFRAME AVAILABLE !!! THE LAST FRAME YOU WILL BUY FOR YOUR V400D02 . Kit includes the ALUMINUM V400 lower frame and the Battery Frame.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 03:00 AM
dilberto is offline
Find More Posts by dilberto
Human Being
Hey Coco, after some slacking by me and waiting on extra parts i didn't realize i needed, my super v400 is finally about to fly with your sturdy Everframetm. The thread lock is drying and i'll test hover tomorrow and keep on flying if all goes well. I set it up so i can load the batteries from the rear and with a little tweak it'll fit my large 2200mah turnigy batts that give me over 7min in my 450's. Can't wait to test it out and set it up to my flying style Oh and as soon as i get it set up to the way i like flying, i'm sure it won't be long before i test the durability of that frame.... Which i'm sure will hold up short of me running it over with my car
Old Jun 23, 2012, 03:43 AM
CO2X is offline
Find More Posts by CO2X
Registered User
CO2X's Avatar

v400


Quote:
Originally Posted by dilberto View Post
Hey Coco, after some slacking by me and waiting on extra parts i didn't realize i needed, my super v400 is finally about to fly with your sturdy Everframetm. The thread lock is drying and i'll test hover tomorrow and keep on flying if all goes well. I set it up so i can load the batteries from the rear and with a little tweak it'll fit my large 2200mah turnigy batts that give me over 7min in my 450's. Can't wait to test it out and set it up to my flying style Oh and as soon as i get it set up to the way i like flying, i'm sure it won't be long before i test the durability of that frame.... Which i'm sure will hold up short of me running it over with my car
It's been a while....can't wait to see your v400 with the Everframe fly...i know the frame will pass the heli crash durability test but surely will fail the car tire test,lol....make sure to get some video on it flying... Please upload some pix and GL Dil !
Old Jun 23, 2012, 08:11 AM
Heli Biggie is offline
Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
They call me plan B
Heli Biggie's Avatar
So ,i learn something new every day , but i just found out i have been running no expo on my st1 and 2 by not changing setting to act instead of inh. Then you have to set all the new expos in the st modes. I have done all my helis buy matbe i dont need any expoo... Anyone else?
Old Jun 23, 2012, 10:46 AM
segdohbird is offline
Find More Posts by segdohbird
Registered User
segdohbird's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by COCO2010 View Post
YES, I still have 3 PCS of the V400 SUPERFRAME AVAILABLE !!! THE LAST FRAME YOU WILL BUY FOR YOUR V400D02 . Kit includes the ALUMINUM V400 lower frame and the Battery Frame.
So........I would like to get one, what's the dealio? $$$, paypal, ???????
Old Jun 23, 2012, 12:46 PM
dilberto is offline
Find More Posts by dilberto
Human Being
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
So ,i learn something new every day , but i just found out i have been running no expo on my st1 and 2 by not changing setting to act instead of inh. Then you have to set all the new expos in the st modes. I have done all my helis buy matbe i dont need any expoo... Anyone else?
Oh yeah, i realized that one a little while ago when i noticed switching to stunt in the middle of flying caused a little bit of strangness. I think i only use about 10%expo though, I like the control to be mostly linear. I am using a little more on the tail though because when doing flips, etc, i found myself giving a tiny bit of rudder input accidentally, so i softened it up around center stick. Anyway, time to go test hover and finish setup of my superV
Old Jun 23, 2012, 01:51 PM
Heli Biggie is offline
Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
They call me plan B
Heli Biggie's Avatar
Ya i dont use much on the v400 but on my others it will make a difference im sure.
Good luck with test, get video
Good thing im still making rookie mistakes.lol


Quote:
Originally Posted by dilberto View Post
Oh yeah, i realized that one a little while ago when i noticed switching to stunt in the middle of flying caused a little bit of strangness. I think i only use about 10%expo though, I like the control to be mostly linear. I am using a little more on the tail though because when doing flips, etc, i found myself giving a tiny bit of rudder input accidentally, so i softened it up around center stick. Anyway, time to go test hover and finish setup of my superV
Old Jun 23, 2012, 01:53 PM
dilberto is offline
Find More Posts by dilberto
Human Being
Well my test hover was unsuccessful, but i think i got it figured out. Two things happen which is curious to me.

First i spooled up nice and slow, got about an inch or two off the ground, landed again, and did it one more time. Up to this point everything looked ok. Then I went to do it again and gave throttle a little too quick since i'm use to the slow start on the 3gx, and somehow I stripped the main gear doing that. My mesh was set pretty good, but that wasn't a brand new gear, so who knows. No biggie i thought, and swapped it out in less than five minutes.

When i was checking the gear mesh of the new gear i noticed something else going on. I could get my pinion to twist, but the outer motor casing wouldnt twist if i held it. The pinion was connected good so I was beginning to think I needed a new motor and that something on the outer casing was broken. Upon careful inspection I found a set screw on the outer casing and sure enough it was loose (not the pinion set screw). I didn't even know there was a set screw there, figured they just welded it, another instance of learning something new every day I took the whole outer part off and snapped a pic i'll post when i do my build write up. Anyway, back to waiting for loctite to dry. Since it's still kind of early maybe i'll give it a try this evening.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 01:59 PM
dilberto is offline
Find More Posts by dilberto
Human Being
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
Ya i dont use much on the v400 but on my others it will make a difference im sure.
Good luck with test, get video
Good thing im still making rookie mistakes.lol
haha, don't worry, i still make an occasional rookie mistake too. I'm embarrassed to admit i haven't even messed with the esc governor settings yet Any tips would be appreciated.

There is just so much involved with this hobby it's crazy and there is always something else to learn. That's what keeps me going though, well that and flying super sweet rc helis
Old Jun 23, 2012, 06:11 PM
segdohbird is offline
Find More Posts by segdohbird
Registered User
segdohbird's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilberto View Post
Hey Coco, after some slacking by me and waiting on extra parts i didn't realize i needed, my super v400 is finally about to fly with your sturdy Everframetm. The thread lock is drying and i'll test hover tomorrow and keep on flying if all goes well. I set it up so i can load the batteries from the rear and with a little tweak it'll fit my large 2200mah turnigy batts that give me over 7min in my 450's. Can't wait to test it out and set it up to my flying style Oh and as soon as i get it set up to the way i like flying, i'm sure it won't be long before i test the durability of that frame.... Which i'm sure will hold up short of me running it over with my car
Hey dil...could you post some pics of how you set it up to load the battries from the rear ? I'm kind of a back door man myself.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 07:45 PM
dilberto is offline
Find More Posts by dilberto
Human Being
Quote:
Originally Posted by segdohbird View Post
Hey dil...could you post some pics of how you set it up to load the battries from the rear ? I'm kind of a back door man myself.
Sure thing, I took pictures along the way of building it and plan to post a write up as soon as i get it test flown. I wonder if the loctite is dry yet.....

Basically though, you need an extra tail support like RTF-heli has and then you can take off those tail supports. The bolts for the supports were causing my battery not to fit, and i forgot how the original wiring is, but you can rewire it if they are in the way. I want to test fly it before posting though, because i'm concerned the extra springyness (technical term) of the tail without the supports might cause some loss of performance, but i'll test it. The only other thing is that you need to make sure your battery fits under the main gear and you'll need to hold it down so it doesn't rub. I'm using a combo of washers to increase the cage size for my big batteries, and velcro to hold it in place.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 09:29 PM
Heli Biggie is offline
Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
They call me plan B
Heli Biggie's Avatar
Here my first video with expo.....
walkera v400d02 3d new settings (5 min 11 sec)


Quote:
Originally Posted by dilberto View Post
Sure thing, I took pictures along the way of building it and plan to post a write up as soon as i get it test flown. I wonder if the loctite is dry yet.....

Basically though, you need an extra tail support like RTF-heli has and then you can take off those tail supports. The bolts for the supports were causing my battery not to fit, and i forgot how the original wiring is, but you can rewire it if they are in the way. I want to test fly it before posting though, because i'm concerned the extra springyness (technical term) of the tail without the supports might cause some loss of performance, but i'll test it. The only other thing is that you need to make sure your battery fits under the main gear and you'll need to hold it down so it doesn't rub. I'm using a combo of washers to increase the cage size for my big batteries, and velcro to hold it in place.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 02:10 AM
fastfwd is offline
Find More Posts by fastfwd
Registered User

trades ?


anyone interested in trading a good glider like say a RTF diamond 2500,or maybe a brush-less upgraded v400 for a working Trex 450se with a ton of goodies, im about to go back to planes,(flying a hawksky) and a new Sbach 342 now ) fun as hell ! helis are driving me nuts ! may even let the v400 with super frame and super boom support and a ton of parts go. may feel better after a few days rest


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Another new Walkera (V400D02)? GetterDragun Micro Helis 130 Apr 01, 2013 10:23 AM
Discussion Alternative canopies for Walkera V200D02, V400D02 JumboA5 Mini Helis 2 Mar 18, 2011 05:29 AM
Question Transport devices for 2x Walkera V400D02 & 2x Walkera V200D02 JumboA5 Electric Heli Talk 2 Dec 13, 2010 09:22 AM
Discussion Walkera new 3D flybarless V400D02 Naev 3D Electric Heli Flying 2 Oct 31, 2010 09:50 PM