Jun 14, 2012, 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xseeker
I had to move my ESC from the side mount to the nose to help counter the weight. But was worth it, the pitch pumps and punch outs were rock solid. Though, it shouldn't be that big of a difference with the weight with the V400 considering if you do it to your super V.

i should try to find some 450 tailboom and test that out too...
to remove ads between posts
Jun 15, 2012, 12:20 AM
Crash perfectionist
Not sure how much in length the difference is but the 600 was 6 inches more and deff stood out and looked good IMO. There's vids of it on my YouTube channel. I bet the same affect will be on the 400. That or what Kdean is going to prob do, get some cf tubing and make the cuts yourself. Plus it'll be pretty strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam1741
i should try to find some 450 tailboom and test that out too...
Jun 15, 2012, 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xseeker
Not sure how much in length the difference is but the 600 was 6 inches more and deff stood out and looked good IMO. There's vids of it on my YouTube channel. I bet the same affect will be on the 400. That or what Kdean is going to prob do, get some cf tubing and make the cuts yourself. Plus it'll be pretty strong.
yeah... good idea too
this will be in my to-do list

after my brushless conversion ..
Jun 15, 2012, 09:05 AM
Crash perfectionist
haha ya, my first things on it was the servos and main/tail upgrades. After that she was a great little heli.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam1741
yeah... good idea too
this will be in my to-do list

after my brushless conversion ..
Jun 15, 2012, 10:14 AM
Brent 黑雁
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd
First thing is do a calibration on the devo7,it is under the system menu. if you still have anything but 0% showing for throttle on the screen go into the travel adjust menu and adjust the throttle (i think it was the + that needed adjusting ) ? but the calibration of sticks may fix it.
I am using a Devo 8s. I have done calibration. I have 5 other models in the TX and all others work as expected. I have checked all the settings, which I down loaded from Walkera, and all lower limits are set to Zero.
I have similar settings for my V120DO2 which work fine.
All the other models I have are built and use brushless, programable ESC. They all function correctly.
My throttle on the screen does show 0%. At that, the motors are running slowly. With trim at -2%, -44points, the motors are stopped and not humming.
Jun 16, 2012, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd
so i was messing with the v400 and devo7 trying to figure out the spin to right on rudder. i went into the Gyro menu and set postion 0 to 75% where it was at 50% and be darned if the tail holds better,just a couple clicks on trim and it floats again. Ohhh well got a new devo coming so ill use it for the trex 450
Fastfwd,

Why did you originally have the gyro sensory so low?

Thanks,
Jun 16, 2012, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trhodes
Fastfwd,

Why did you originally have the gyro sensory so low?

Thanks,
well i was messing with settings and put gyro on auto,then read that if it was (confused here) above 50% gyro it would go to HH and if below 50% then would be in rate mode ? i made so many changes in gyro trying to get the spin to stop, i dont even remember what the default was in gyro sensory. i would think it was at 100% ?
Jun 16, 2012, 08:27 PM
Interesting, I always keep mine at about 75%. I have noticed that when I put my stock battery in I get very little tail wag, but when I use my turnigy 1500 I get more wag. Could this be due to center of gravity?
Jun 17, 2012, 08:03 AM
BahamaHeli
Thread OP
Happy Fathers Day
Jun 17, 2012, 08:21 AM
Same to you kdean and to all the dads out there. I have four and they are the best!!!!
Jun 17, 2012, 09:47 AM

Dad's

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY !!!!
.....with kids or no kids.....and this is a heli day too !!!!
Jun 17, 2012, 03:55 PM
They call me plan B
Thanks k. Same back at you and all the dads. This is just another reason i love this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean
Happy Fathers Day
Jun 17, 2012, 08:37 PM

Help

I need help from the v400 gurus. When flying with the stock battery 1200 I have very little tail wag. In fact it almost flies itself. But, when I use the Turnigy 1500 it wags very pronounced. What is going on? I have tried the battery at different locations to help but it doesn't. I seem to have more power, but it seems that my flight time per battery is down. Should I go lower on my throttle curves?
Jun 17, 2012, 08:38 PM
BahamaHeli
Thread OP
I did have a happy fathers day, and a happy heli day.

I took the superV out with four 2200 packs and this heli is still flying great. This is the one heli in my collection that i can take out week after week and not have the stress of "i wonder if (part x) will fail on me". Even with the slight 10mph gusts, i still pushed the heli and my flying skills today. I did some fff, big circles, loops, half rolls, and inverted hover with some inv ff. By the last pack i was almost fearless doing stationary flips (i got up to 4 in a row), and my new skill practice of a half roll into inverted tail in ff around to inverted nose in. If there were no gusts of wind, i would have been inverted hovering around a foot off the ground. This is one heli i can trust.

I'll take it out again on tuesday, along with the 500 thats been haveing a good run with relilability, and get some vids done.
Jun 17, 2012, 08:45 PM
BahamaHeli
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by trhodes
I need help from the v400 gurus. When flying with the stock battery 1200 I have very little tail wag. In fact it almost flies itself. But, when I use the Turnigy 1500 it wags very pronounced. What is going on? I have tried the battery at different locations to help but it doesn't. I seem to have more power, but it seems that my flight time per battery is down. Should I go lower on my throttle curves?
low throttle may be the cause of the problem. The extra weight of the 1500 pack may be requiering more pitch in the blades to lift, adding more stress to the motor. Where is your throttle at now? Are you using flat throttle curves? It may be that the throttle changes along with the extra pitch input is causing torque related wag.

Quick Reply