Jan 24, 2012, 08:47 PM
Some Sculduggary is permitted
Well, would someone pass a Message to "old Navy". I'm getting ready to buy a MM if there is any activity still going on in MEMphis. Never heard from his email.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 24, 2012, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by old navy
I have two, a standard racing edition and a carbon fiber edition. They both handle pretty much the same, except in very light air. Lots of fun and very easy to sail. I can take them to the lake and pass the radio around to let folks try their hand. So far, three others have bought boats and we all get together regularly
Ok so I too am in Memphis and would like to participate Please let me know where and when.
Regards
OLD ASA
Jan 24, 2012, 09:43 PM
Boomer1
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldasa
Well, would someone pass a Message to "old Navy". I'm getting ready to buy a MM if there is any activity still going on in MEMphis. Never heard from his email.

Sorry, I don't know him. I checked the AMYA listings to see what was there found the following information. Didn't see any MM listed in TN but you might give these folks a call to see if they can help.

Boomer

156 Concord Model Yacht Racing Association
Email: James Weir Classes Sailed: EC12, Fairwind 900, Soling 1M, US1M, Victoria
10513 Sandpiper Lane Area served: Knoxville
Knoxville, TN 37922-5550 sail location: Ft. Loudon Lake
865 966-2413

201 Fairfield Glade Model Mariners
Email: C.John Bell Classes Sailed:
128 Rutgers Circle Area served:
Crossville, TN 38558-8565 sail location:
931 456-9888

282 Lake Providence RC Club
Email: Steve Churchill Classes Sailed: RC Laser
230 Battalion Way Area served: Wilson and Eastern Davidson County
Mount Juliet, TN 37122-6135 sail location: Lake Providence, Mt. Juliet
615 339-3200

58 Tellico Model Sailing Club
Email: Richard Hinze Classes Sailed: Open
130 Oostagala Drive Area served: Loudon & TN counties
Loudon, TN 37774-6900 sail location:
865 458-1946
Last edited by Boomer1; Jan 31, 2012 at 07:30 PM.
Jan 31, 2012, 01:25 PM
micro scale builder
I've decided on a shyshark 2P mast in order to go shroud-less. I know I will need to drill out the vang fitting and jib hanger (the piece for the jib halyard). What is the popular option for the mast head crane? I suppose I could either drill it out too or step down the mast diameter using the kit mast.

Secondly, does anybody have a side profile drawing of the MM that would be suitable to use as a template for paint jobs?
Jan 31, 2012, 03:33 PM
Thermals the path to elevation
I just stepped down from the SkyShark 2P using a short piece from the stock mast. It's an easy way to use existing fittings and fine tune the mast length before gluing.
Feb 12, 2012, 12:09 AM
QUOTE -- Secondly, does anybody have a side profile drawing of the MM that would be suitable to use as a template for paint jobs?[/QUOTE]

The US class website has a link to a PDF of the full size plan sheet that comes with the model.

Go to the main page then pull down the "class info" tab and look at "MM MkII plan sheet". It has a full size profile of the hull.

http://usa.magicmicro.org/news.php

I used a stub of the factory mast in the top of my Skyshark to hold the factory crane.... There are some great ideas in the AMYA magazine #162, it's all about building Micro Magics. You can buy a copy of the magazine for $7 here;
http://www.shipsstoremodelyacht.com/...0Magazines.htm

Nick
Feb 12, 2012, 02:32 AM
Suspended Account

MM Profiles

Maybe this would help.

A Lines Plan of the MM Hull...
Feb 28, 2012, 03:53 PM
New rMM variant, the rMM RFH. It is a ARTR rMM equipped with a graupner 2.4GHz HOTT RX (NO Tx in the box!)
page 51 http://www.graupner.de/de/www.graupn...012_screen.pdf
Feb 29, 2012, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NielsdB
New rMM variant, the rMM RFH. It is a ARTR rMM equipped with a graupner 2.4GHz HOTT RX (NO Tx in the box!)
page 51 http://www.graupner.de/de/www.graupn...012_screen.pdf
Hi Nielsd;
New guy here. Question about your acronyms "rMM RFH"?
I think I get the ARTR part. "almost ready to race",Right? I know MM is for Magic Micro but what does the "r" stand for?
Sorry to be so redundant.
Feb 29, 2012, 05:35 PM
Racing
Feb 29, 2012, 09:07 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Hi Nielsd;
New guy here. Question about your acronyms "rMM RFH"?
I think I get the ARTR part. "almost ready to race",Right? I know MM is for Magic Micro but what does the "r" stand for?
Sorry to be so redundant.
Niel

Although the R does refer to the word racing it has more to do with distinguishing between the MK 1 & Mk 2 variants of the boat.

MK 2 (rMM) is a boat designed for improved performance on the water.

Just because it is implied as a Racing Yacht doesn't mean that it can't be used for social sailing & enjoying a friendly sail at teh lakeside.

Cheers

John
Feb 29, 2012, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by waboats
Niel

Although the R does refer to the word racing it has more to do with distinguishing between the MK 1 & Mk 2 variants of the boat.

MK 2 (rMM) is a boat designed for improved performance on the water.

Just because it is implied as a Racing Yacht doesn't mean that it can't be used for social sailing & enjoying a friendly sail at teh lakeside.

Cheers

John
ok one last ?;
What does the "RFH" stand for.
Feb 29, 2012, 10:33 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
ok one last ?;
What does the "RFH" stand for.
Niel

The PDF file is too large to download. Not sure where RFH comes from but I guess it is to do with the Receiver.

Here is a link to all the MM options available from Graupner. Check the 2.4g variant

http://www.graupner.de/en/service/se...ms=micro+magic

Some re-sellers are addiding different Electronics depending on where you are.

Hope this helps

Cheers

John
Mar 01, 2012, 06:59 PM
RFH probably means: "Ready for H.O.T.T." , my best guess.

H.O.T.T. means "Hopping Telemetry Transmission", FYI.

Graupner's brand for their radio modulation.
Mar 02, 2012, 02:09 PM
Thank You Waboats and northernmike.

Oh by the way, I don't know where you're from Waboats? But down here we call our Battleships "WAWBOATS"

Quick Reply