Jan 15, 2011, 10:38 AM
It flew...nearly!
Thread OP
Discussion

Is it me or has Hong Kong post started to use carrier pigeons?

It seems to me the postal service from China has gone downhill as far as speed is concerned. Packages from dealextreme, HK and bevrc seem to take months rather than the usual 2 weeks.

Is it Norway they are delaying post to since the Nobel Peace Prize was awarded or are (slow flying) carrier pigeons being utilised for airmail to other destinations as well?
Matthew
to remove ads between posts
Jan 15, 2011, 11:45 AM
No, it's everyone. If it actually has to come from HK and not one of ther stateside warehouses, it takes forever. It is a customs issue!
Jan 15, 2011, 12:55 PM
Stuart
I have noticed a change recently in deliversies to the UK, its now very variable, some items appear very quick some take weeks.

Guess we will have to live with it, a lot of stuff comes by air and its understandable that recent events have made them more cautious. If I lived under a flight path I would hope they were.
Jan 15, 2011, 12:59 PM
My SMALL motor & props ....From hobby king-- Hong Kong
8 december were out on mail - confirm!. Still not here..
GUY
Jan 15, 2011, 01:33 PM
World's fastest crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck!
Is it Norway they are delaying post to since the Nobel Peace Prize was awarded or are (slow flying) carrier pigeons being utilised for airmail to other destinations as well?
Matthew
I know how you feel Here is another topic:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1362139
Jan 15, 2011, 03:04 PM
It flew...nearly!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by siim227
I know how you feel Here is another topic:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1362139
Ah, I am not alone, I see! It would be nice to get an explanation from someone. It seems to me the delay is on the China side... Perhaps security has been stepped up due to the current "situation"...

If things don't change I reckon sales are going to drop. Waiting a month or two could mean a lot to a project, it's half the Summer here!
Matthew
Jan 15, 2011, 07:07 PM
Quote:
It seems to me the postal service from China has gone downhill as far as speed is concerned. Packages from dealextreme, HK and bevrc seem to take months rather than the usual 2 weeks.

Matthew
I know what you mean, I ordered something late November at dealextreme, and its not here, I dont think its going to make it.
Jan 16, 2011, 03:53 AM
It flew...nearly!
Thread OP
I am beginning to wonder whether the "Airmail" postage option means "by plane" or actually refers to the air underneath the parcel as it gets hoisted from the quayside and on to a slow boat from China bound for Europe...
One package left China on the 20th of december and arrived here on the 15th January. That period of time could correspond well with being shipped by sea....
matthew
Jan 16, 2011, 08:43 AM
Certified Codger
Two months and counting on a 1/2 ounce item I ordered back in November. The dealer said it's probably detained in customs.

John
Jan 16, 2011, 10:39 AM
I think they like to eat stuff like pigeons. But usually more exotic critters, just think they used to use turtles for mail delivery service, but they have been eaten all up.
Jan 16, 2011, 02:24 PM
Quote:

Matthew
I was going to make an order to HK but after all this not sure I want to wait that long.
Jan 16, 2011, 03:21 PM
It flew...nearly!
Thread OP
It seems this is a problem for a lot of people. I would say that if you want anything from them in less than a month, you prabably might not get it. In, fact, it might take even longer, so maybe a local supplier is faster.

I reckon with such a change in delivery times, HK should inform us as to what the cause is, what delivery time is expected to be and whether or not things will improve, and when.

Matthew
Jan 16, 2011, 03:37 PM
I don't know about other countries but here in the UK bad weather and the usual huge volume of mail and parcels over the Christmas period has led to a backlog of stuff still in sorting offices. It appears they could be trying to keep up with current mail and only digging into the backlog when they have time.
Jan 16, 2011, 04:09 PM
Umm... I ordered a package a couple weeks ago and paid extra for the EMS express (like normal) and had it here in under a week. You get what you pay for when it comes to shipping I guess.
Jan 16, 2011, 04:24 PM
I ordered a lens adapter from Hong Kong in early November (shipping to the US), but it never arrived. After 6 weeks, I got a full refund and ordered it from a domestic source for a bit more money. Does this mean the HK part may yet show up? After 2.5 months?
Actually, I kinda hope it doesn't.

Quick Reply