This thread is privately moderated by 1987tc, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 14, 2011, 04:38 PM
Trader Rating: 206
Come fly with us in Henryetta
Thread OP
Found

Mountain Models or Stevens Aero planes

Not looking for kits. Looking for built planes at a reasonable price shipped to me at 74884.
Looking for planes over 40".
Not interested in the Shaft 400. I have too much trouble seeing it!
Wes
to remove ads between posts
Jan 14, 2011, 08:53 PM
Trader Rating: 99
Around the World
I have a SmoothE sport that I built with two wing servos instead of the one center one. I used it to get back in the groove of flying after a short break. Done up EXTREMELY nice but I'll have to get some pics in a few tonight....

AXI 2212/26 in the nose on a custom metal stick mount, New Hs-55, and CC Phx 25... I can remove anything except the motor. I would have to tear the front end out to get to the motor on the stick...

Done up with Solarfilm covering in red metal flake and silver with black and white checkering on the bottom of wing... Redbull "bull" on the vertical stab... I'll take some pics and post soon.... If you are interested - shoot me a PM. You know I'll send it to you right or I'll make it right!
Jan 14, 2011, 10:27 PM
Around the World
Here's pics of the SmoothE... Also, got a Pilot1 - PA-12 I'll be listing soon as well.

Thanks again Wes... Was thinking around $175 shipped for the SmoothE

Landing gear is glued in place - hate the bolt on design... Was nosed over and rebuilt the stick mount with stronger ply to make it more sturdy.
Jan 14, 2011, 11:43 PM
Trader Rating: 206
Come fly with us in Henryetta
Thread OP
Looks sharp! I have to say I know how the SmoothE Sport flies! I have had several over the years. And one thing I can say about this one.... I should surely be able to see it!
Do you have any idea of the weight?
Funny you mention the PA12 from Pilot-1. I have one too! I put it on ebay. Someone won it a couple of days ago. And I have never heard from them. Funny thing is they have GREAT feedback. Oh well Hope they come through.

Will the glued in landing gear be a problem shipping it to me? One of the things I miss is shooting touch and goes.
I assume it does these well?
Jan 14, 2011, 11:56 PM
Around the World
I'll build a small crate or coroplast box to mail it in so it won't be a problem. This SmoothE flies like a SmoothE so Touch and Go's are awesome!!

Don't know on the weight but it will be a little more than most since it's all covered in Solarfilm and has the extra servo in the wing. I also added some liteply on the wing leading and trailing edge so the rubber bands don't cut into it.

I'll put it on the scales RTF minus battery and post it up tomorrow.

Quick Reply