Feb 05, 2011, 12:11 PM
$%^& Happens!!
These will make great mini pylon racers. Watch out light poles here we come!!

I am in for a couple
to remove ads between posts
Feb 05, 2011, 12:21 PM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
Mini Reno Racing! Yehaw!
Feb 05, 2011, 05:29 PM
ah very good, thanks for posting those links.

i imagine the production versions will have clear canopies, since the t-28 and 109 do? But whatever, no a huge deal.

Look good to me.
Feb 05, 2011, 06:08 PM
Scratch building addict
Why the negative comments? Any company that releases smaller warbirds captures my interest. I never fly anything over 30 inch wingspan, in fact 30 inches is too big. 20-25 inch ws seems to be the sweet spot for me. The smaller birds fly better IMO, and they handle wind just fine, especially warbirds.

Not to mention the places I fly are no good for bigger models. I'd like to see a zero or better yet, another Japanese warbird for something different. If they release a better paint on that 109 I will buy one....They look plenty scale enough for me, in the air they will look right.
Feb 05, 2011, 06:10 PM
Team JR/DFA, KBDD Team Captain
I got to see the Bearcat briefly yesterday, but could not stick around to see it fly.

The largest problem I have with it, is that I now want one...
Feb 05, 2011, 06:13 PM
Scratch building addict
Any chance of them releasing some WWI stuff? I'd be all over that, perfect size planes.

A spad would be so cool.
Feb 05, 2011, 09:24 PM
The Earth got in the way!
I want the little Reno style racer for sure. I'll assume that with most of the descriptions the speed has been over estimated but, they should still be a blast. If they do go 80+ they will be twitchy little things. I'd like to see a bigger 40+ incher too since the bigger planes fly better and are more stable when setup correctly.
Feb 05, 2011, 10:55 PM
AA6JB
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy
I want the little Reno style racer for sure. I'll assume that with most of the descriptions the speed has been over estimated but, they should still be a blast. If they do go 80+ they will be twitchy little things. I'd like to see a bigger 40+ incher too since the bigger planes fly better and are more stable when setup correctly.
We flew about 5 packs through the ME109 tonite. 80 mph? Hmmmm .... maybe not the ME109 but an honest 65-70 we guesstimate? It is a ton of fun! The fact that the color on the sample is a little off is a minor issue IMO. Don and I both had a blast ripping around the skies with this thing. Vertical is for the most part umlimited. We shot some video and I will try to throw something together ASAP.

Jalin came out of the gate in 2010 with the Sky Angel 50mm EDFS ... one year later, they are still growing in popularity to my perception. Now Sky Angel is kicking 2011 0ff with the introduction of these mini war birds. After flying this one tonight, I think they are another big hit brewing. Big time fun in an amazingly small package. Heck, throw one under the front seat of your car for lunchtime flying!
Feb 05, 2011, 11:11 PM
The Earth got in the way!
Good to here Bajora! I had a blast with my AMX 50mm when they first came out and on 4s Wemo/Don's Wicked it was even better. I can't wait for the 40mm Mig and I need the Racer for sure.
Feb 05, 2011, 11:19 PM
AA6JB
Thread OP
Here is Eagle Tree data of the ME109. I am using a Thunder Power G4 45C 3S 850mAH pack. Don (AKA as Lipo Abuser ) flew it for a couple flights too and the packs came down barely warm. AUW came in at 11.8 ounces. That works out to around 180 watts per pound (I used a max watts value of 135 watts from the data below)
Feb 06, 2011, 05:35 AM
WiggleWiggleWiggle
Why the huge vertical stab? The aileron servos through the top of the wing are a great idea. I have been doing this for years. The huge removable hatch is also a great idea. Good on you J-power.
Feb 06, 2011, 08:32 AM
lud
lud
Making mischief in the air
yeah .. im cracking on that scale isnt everything yada yada ...............
but that tail plane looks like it was stolen from a ME262 n put on as an afterthought !!!
The 109 fuse cant be that yaw unstable CANT IT ?????

I'm still intent on the Bear ...
Feb 06, 2011, 09:26 AM
AA6JB
Thread OP
Sky Angels Mini WarBird Series MeBf109 (6 min 54 sec)

True story ...

A guy taking an afternoon run in the area where we are flying the 109 comes over and comments on the planes we have setting around our cars and then says "Wow, that is a cool little Messerschmitt 109!" ... as it rips by at full throttle ... complete with its "off" color scheme and HUGE vertical stabilizer.

We had a lot of fun with it yesterday and were amazed at how well it flew. It made us both grin. If the prices I am seeing Pete post up at BH are real, I think many of you will also grin at what you get for south of one hundred bucks. And at how well it moves out for that price.
Last edited by Bajora; Feb 06, 2011 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Text added
Feb 06, 2011, 09:55 AM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
Bajora, did this come with a throw-down radio? Glad to hear about the grins. Did you fly the T-28 yet? Oh, yeah... can I be your friend to? Just feeling a little jealously about your good fortune

Quick Reply