Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Aug 14, 2012, 04:43 PM
Augermeister
Was going to order a spare hobby wing 30 amp esc from hobbyb. What size bullets do they come with ? The little 2mm ones I hope.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 14, 2012, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahawk47
Was going to order a spare hobby wing 30 amp esc from hobbyb. What size bullets do they come with ? The little 2mm ones I hope.
Nope... The ones that I got had no connectors soldered on. And the ones that it came with was the bigger 3.5mm size. Its easy to change the 2mm's out though...
Aug 14, 2012, 04:54 PM
I saw a new esc over at banana hobby and took a chance and ordered it the same day I ordered my replacement hawker from hobbykings us warehouse.. The hawker is sitting next to me where the esc hasnt even shipped I guess I will have to maiden on 3s this weekend.

(Im still excited to try the new esc, just bummed its not here yet!)
Aug 14, 2012, 08:46 PM
Finally got my Rare Bear in the mail today. Will start the build tomorrow. Can't wait!!!
Aug 15, 2012, 01:59 AM
Maddmax, I think you will be very happy with your RB. My RB on 4s is one of my favourite planes. So easy to fly and easy to handle, and she goes where you point her.
Aug 15, 2012, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddmax
Finally got my Rare Bear in the mail today. Will start the build tomorrow. Can't wait!!!
And your build will end 20 minutes after you start (if you have the pnp) Make sure you check all the servo's as they seem to be held in by two sided tape. I personally dont like that as I feel its not as strong as glue but hey, to each their own!
Aug 15, 2012, 01:29 PM
I reglued all the parts on my Corsair and I'll certainly do that with thje Bear.

Thanks
Aug 15, 2012, 01:44 PM
JohnVHRC
my tip of the day, flex and free up the control surfaces, mine are really stiff and every time I fly it, its out of trim. Free them up!
Latest blog entry: F22 takeoff at the camera!
Aug 15, 2012, 02:13 PM
Must not buy more planes!
While waiting for my new 40A ESC to arrive, I've made some cooling mods that I hope will help. I cut a vent slot in the cowling behind the prop, enlarged and shaped the exit hole, and added a side vent made from some plastic tubing.
Aug 15, 2012, 04:43 PM
Augermeister
Mark,

I like the mods. Just bit the bullet on the Rare Bear kit. Hoping it flys better than the AT-6 Texan. Sometimes it's not the Plane but the Planee- LOL Probably add some color on the bottom side of the Bear.

Just got the Texan back together. Will look to incorporate your cooling mod on both.

Cheers,

Hawk
Aug 15, 2012, 04:45 PM
JohnVHRC
I never did any cooling mods to my rare bear, must just be for you in the hotter climates?
Latest blog entry: F22 takeoff at the camera!
Aug 15, 2012, 05:54 PM
Throttle Bender
Rebuilt and flown after 3rd crash. If I ever get another Sea Fury I would beef up the rear fuse with CF strips. The strapping tape is my solution for stiffening up the tail. Made a big difference. My cooling outlet is visible in the belly shot. You can't see the tape when its flying. Still all stock, even ESC, I use a 4s nano 850 and sometimes 1000.
Aug 16, 2012, 06:14 PM
Glow 😡 no no no
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinfan
Rebuilt and flown after 3rd crash. If I ever get another Sea Fury I would beef up the rear fuse with CF strips. The strapping tape is my solution for stiffening up the tail. Made a big difference. My cooling outlet is visible in the belly shot. You can't see the tape when its flying. Still all stock, even ESC, I use a 4s nano 850 and sometimes 1000.
Yeah i broke my fuz too but it wasnt any fault of the plane, full noise pass down the strip and misjudged the longer grass on the side lol. Flies even better now since its been repaired.
Aug 17, 2012, 09:46 PM
Must not buy more planes!
Went out today to try some speed runs and test my cooling mods. Sadly, the motor has started making the occasional *screech*.

But screech notwithstanding, I logged several runs in the neighborhood of 90MPH according to RC Speedo.
Aug 17, 2012, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclarkson
Went out today to try some speed runs and test my cooling mods. Sadly, the motor has started making the occasional *screech*.

But screech notwithstanding, I logged several runs in the neighborhood of 90MPH according to RC Speedo.
How well does rc speedo work? I just had the free version for a while but never actually used it before it expired lol.

Maiden of my new sea fury on 4s tomorrow! New esc showed up just in time today for me to get it installed and ready to go for morning. I will be using a "how fast" and also trying out some doppler readings accompanied by an actual radar gun. Replaced the stock prop with a master airscrew of the same size other than that and the esc its stock. Cant wait!!

Edit I took off the spinner as its absurdly unbalanced. I will be replacing it with a dubro some time this week.

Quick Reply