Mini War Birds from Sky Angel ~ 03/29/15 ~ Video of ME163 Kraftei! - Page 51 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Mar 30, 2011, 04:45 PM
Registered User
Joe 1320's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by lud
Mylar hinges / old 3.5" floppies cut suit to 1/2" square should be enough - cut a slot in the aileron & wing. slide em in level em up n then add a bit of thin CA.. it wicks down the hinge n sticks fast.
And they are exceptionally strong. Never had one fail.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 30, 2011, 05:51 PM
"Add Lightness"..Colin Chapman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick F.
awesome advise thanks! wheres aplace i could get some of that tape?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajora
4.00 or so a roll if you buy it at the hobby store under the DuBro brand. OR, buy a box of 12 direct from 3m and it costs like 22 bucks shipped.
This is also a reputable source for tape and glue.
http://www.rcfoam.com/index.php?cPat...395eaa0eced399

The foam-tac glue is also very useful. Same as UHU-Por or creative and cheaper... check out the glue section
Mar 30, 2011, 06:04 PM
AA6JB
Bajora's Avatar
Here is a link to the tape from 3M .... I sure bought a lot of this stuff at $4.00 + a roll from my LHS over the years. But getting it direct from 3M now is great!

http://www.shop3m.com/70200419342.html
Latest blog entry: 2017 Reno Air Races
Mar 30, 2011, 07:08 PM
The Earth got in the way!
kuczy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajora
Here is a link to the tape from 3M .... I sure bought a lot of this stuff at $4.00 + a roll from my LHS over the years. But getting it direct from 3M now is great!

http://www.shop3m.com/70200419342.html
+1 it works great.
Mar 30, 2011, 11:35 PM
Registered User
Rick F.'s Avatar
Thanks, gonna get me some of that tape. Can't have enough supplies lying around, ya never know!
Mar 31, 2011, 11:09 AM
Registered Addict
Kris...'s Avatar
Is bananahobby the only place that will be selling the rare bear ? I live in the UK and get taxed heavily for anything over $40 from the US .
Mar 31, 2011, 11:30 AM
lud
lud
Making mischief in the air
lud's Avatar
IF you have in interest in the rarebear - this link is a must read:

http://www.rarebear.com/rarebear/about_Rare_Bear/
Mar 31, 2011, 12:06 PM
Registered User
gooniac33's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by lud
IF you have in interest in the rarebear - this link is a must read:

http://www.rarebear.com/rarebear/about_Rare_Bear/
It is a very good story! I read through it as well....
Mar 31, 2011, 12:09 PM
Registered User
gooniac33's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRIS...
Is bananahobby the only place that will be selling the rare bear ? I live in the UK and get taxed heavily for anything over $40 from the US .
I posted the videos a little while back from a european website. Click on this link and then type in "nano" in search. All of the 50mm jets and mini warbirds will pop up.

http://at.robbe-online.net/rims_at.storefront/en
Mar 31, 2011, 12:11 PM
Registered Addict
Kris...'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooniac33
I posted the videos a little while back from a european website. Click on this link and then type in "nano" in search. All of the 50mm jets and mini warbirds will pop up.

http://at.robbe-online.net/rims_at.storefront/en
Thanks gooniac your a star.
Mar 31, 2011, 12:17 PM
Registered Addict
Kris...'s Avatar
Is the Rare Bear Nano-Racer same as yours just in a diffent scheme ?cant find the brown and white rare bear also where is company based ?
Thanks
Mar 31, 2011, 12:22 PM
MultiCopterPilot & Film Maker
crazyj's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRIS...
Is the Rare Bear Nano-Racer same as yours just in a diffent scheme ?cant find the brown and white rare bear also where is company based ?
Thanks
The Nano-Racer is the same as the Mini Warbirds from Banana Hobby here in the US. The US kits are colored differently compared to the kits available in other countries. The actual manufacture is in China, and is called JPower.
Mar 31, 2011, 01:30 PM
Registered User
MRGTX's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyj
The Nano-Racer is the same as the Mini Warbirds from Banana Hobby here in the US. The US kits are colored differently compared to the kits available in other countries. The actual manufacture is in China, and is called JPower.
Yeah, I'm still convinced that we in the US got the weaker paint scheme in every case.

That's ok.. they're brilliant little planes. I'm hooked regardless of the paint scheme.
Mar 31, 2011, 01:51 PM
Registered User
gooniac33's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRGTX
Yeah, I'm still convinced that we in the US got the weaker paint scheme in every case.

That's ok.. they're brilliant little planes. I'm hooked regardless of the paint scheme.
I agree as well. I like the other schemes....
Mar 31, 2011, 11:02 PM
Registered Addict
Kris...'s Avatar
Agreed the The Nano-Racer scheme is A1.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion .60 size war birds, wich flys the best? mikes68charger Fuel Warbirds 27 Mar 07, 2011 12:08 PM
Yippee! GWS War Birds 400 Series GWS4CEO GWS (Grand Wing Servo) 160 Feb 23, 2006 05:37 AM
Alert gws war birds vs alpha war birds? tweissen Parkflyers 18 Aug 07, 2004 11:49 PM