New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Jan 14, 2011, 12:26 PM
ZackJones is offline
Find More Posts by ZackJones
It's just a plane.
ZackJones's Avatar
Welcome, in advance, to the T-28 Owner's club. She's a wonderful bird and if you ever get tired of flying her stock add a 40 Amp ESC and Power 10 motor to her. She is a total blast to fly in that configuration. I'm rebuilding mine and will be putting the larger wheels from the P-47 on her to give her that much ground clearance.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2011, 01:49 PM
millej23 is offline
Find More Posts by millej23
Registered User
I'm also going to get the Super Cub eventually, saw my friend fly it and it looked like a ton of fun. I still want to practice on my P51 and and Cub before getting the T-28.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 02:18 PM
gr.moore@shaw.ca is offline
Find More Posts by gr.moore@shaw.ca
gr.moore@shaw.ca's Avatar

Bnf t-28


I too went with the Bind and Fly T-28D so I could use the DX5e transmitter that came with my first plane, the Apprentice.

I have found the Trojan handles the wind better and has allowed me to do more aerobatics.

No regrets here on picking the full size Trojan for my second plane...
Old Jan 14, 2011, 02:20 PM
turnerm is offline
Find More Posts by turnerm
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
So I started looking at my local hobby shop's website to see what they have and I've come across the T-28's. Two of them seem to be identical with different color schemes but then one seems to be very different (in price too!).

Any ideas on what the differences are and which one I should get?

http://www.hobbytown.com/Shop/almost...28d-trojan-pnp
http://www.hobbytown.com/Shop/almost...t28-trojan-pnp
http://www.hobbytown.com/Shop/ready-...arbird-replica
Old Jan 14, 2011, 02:22 PM
turnerm is offline
Find More Posts by turnerm
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by millej23 View Post
I'm also going to get the Super Cub eventually, saw my friend fly it and it looked like a ton of fun. I still want to practice on my P51 and and Cub before getting the T-28.
I'd venture to say that the Super Cub is much easier to fly than your p51. Yea - it's bigger but it's so smooth to fly and landings are pretty darn easy too (as long as the wind is relatively calm). I really have enjoyed this plane. It's great.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 02:51 PM
millej23 is offline
Find More Posts by millej23
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
So I started looking at my local hobby shop's website to see what they have and I've come across the T-28's. Two of them seem to be identical with different color schemes but then one seems to be very different (in price too!).

Any ideas on what the differences are and which one I should get?

http://www.hobbytown.com/Shop/almost...28d-trojan-pnp
http://www.hobbytown.com/Shop/almost...t28-trojan-pnp
http://www.hobbytown.com/Shop/ready-...arbird-replica
One is the full size, one is the Micro.

The difference between the 2 full size ones: Looks like 1 has the reciever installed, and one does not. Hope this helps!
Old Jan 14, 2011, 03:14 PM
turnerm is offline
Find More Posts by turnerm
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by millej23 View Post
One is the full size, one is the Micro.

The difference between the 2 full size ones: Looks like 1 has the reciever installed, and one does not. Hope this helps!
None of those are the micro versions. That one is here.

I guess the only difference is the asthetics (paint color) and like you mentioned one seems to have the receiver and one does not.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 07:44 PM
PilotPete01 is offline
Find More Posts by PilotPete01
Registered User
PilotPete01's Avatar
Quote:
None of those are the micro versions. That one is here.

I guess the only difference is the asthetics (paint color) and like you mentioned one seems to have the receiver and one does not.
You are correct, the only difference between the white one and the gray one is color. As far as the PNP and the ready to fly, ready to fly comes with evreything. You could go straight from the store to the field with it and fly. The plug and play doesn't come with a receiver, battery or charger.

Depending on what you have for a radio, you can also go with the bind and fly version. It has everything that the ready to fly has except a radio.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 04:04 PM
zaskarx is offline
Find More Posts by zaskarx
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Wow - thanks for all the responses/suggestions/advice! It's really been very helpful indeed!

I think I'll go with the full size T-28 for now and then maybe make my next plane (number 4) the UM T-28. This way, I can take the T-28 out and learn 4ch flying in a big open space and once I get pretty good I can buy the UM version to further hone my skills in my front yard (a smaller flying area) when the wind permits.

I probably won't buy it until February - gotta spread these purchases out a bit before the wife starts getting pissed! Since deciding to purchase my first plane, my spending pattern has been:

12/27 - bought Hobbyzone UM Champ. Had a blast but the wind frustrated me.
12/28 - bought the Hobbyzone Super Cub. LOVE THIS PLANE!!
12/29 - bought replacement cowl and firewall for SC (unfortunate nose dive accident)
1/1 - bought the blad mSR
1/5 - bought several mSR replacement parts (and countless hours getting back to great flying condition)
1/9 - bought tail replacement for UM Champ (did some damage dislodging it from a tree)
1/12 - bought DX6i (HUGE improvement in control for Blade mSR by the way)
Yes! 6i big improvement for MSR!! I bought MCX, MCX2, MSR, BLADE 400 3D, 2 Champs, Vapor, and A UM T-28 all inside 30 days lol. Already sold all the helicopters on Ebay


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion From UM T-28 to a T-28D LiqrSicc Parkflyers 20 Nov 10, 2010 06:42 PM
Found Trade: BNIB PnP UM 4 Site for PnP UM SuXP or PnP UM T-28 elvill Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Nov 09, 2010 10:12 AM
Discussion Torn...UM T-28 or P-51?!? Automag928 Micro Ready-to-Fly 54 Nov 05, 2010 11:42 AM
Found Trade BNIB PNP UM 4-site for BNIB UM T-28? lovespicyfood Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 7 Nov 03, 2010 12:15 PM
Discussion Pz um t-28 what props have you tried racer7696 Micro Ready-to-Fly 0 Sep 19, 2010 11:04 AM