Dec 11, 2018, 09:38 AM
Chef Pilot: Planes vs Butter
PP,
Try LCAA.
Gaithersburg is a short hop to Poolesville and then to White’s Ferry.
LCAA is about 20 minutes from there.
LCAA.org
to remove ads between posts
Dec 11, 2018, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petworth Pilot
Based on what I read it seems that the Fairfax Park Authority is looking to have the law changed to prevent the flying of just about everything. Those of you in VA might want to contact your elected folks in Richmond and tell them to support the people's right to fly. I am in Gaithersburg and could be at Lake Fairfax in 30 minutes. Has anyone flown there? I have a HZ Champ and a Revolution Ascent SPX. Looks to be some decent weather later this week.

https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks/...rcrafts-drones
That's new, they fought the new law but finally acquiesced. They're back in Richmond fighting it again? I'm on a FB group that can rally the troops, so to speak, but I need something concrete to show that the county is trying to get the state law overturned.
Dec 11, 2018, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoDiablo
PP,
Try LCAA.
Gaithersburg is a short hop to Poolesville and then to White’s Ferry.
LCAA is about 20 minutes from there.
LCAA.org
Thank you sir. If I was going to join a club I'd just stay close to home and join DCRC. I might head out to Lake Fairfax on Thursday and test the waters.
Dec 11, 2018, 05:39 PM
I am currently in between opportunities and really shouldn't be shelling out money to join a club at the moment. Add to the fact that between now and April with the weather being what it is I wouldn't get much use out of it. I will scrub the forums in search of safe and legal places I can fly for free until I am in a position to write a check for a local RC club.

Thanks to all on the forums here and elsewhere for sharing their knowledge and experiences.
Dec 11, 2018, 09:10 PM
You can legally fly at Pope's Head Park in Fairfax County now, if you're heading down to NOVA

I know of more spots further south but they're a long drive from MoCo!

Quick Reply