Jan 12, 2011, 11:01 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Torque/Airboss Clones at Sonic??

http://www.sonicelectric.com/Merchan...y_Code=SEMotor

This was posted recently under Power Systems. This motor and esc lineup look pretty similar to ExtremeFlight's.

Anyone know anything about them?

Steve
to remove ads between posts
Jan 12, 2011, 11:04 AM
Go Hawks!
IT WOULD SEEM that Sonic Electric has now taken the liberty to call their motors "Torque"

This is a new development and something that I was not aware of.

I will not get into the motors and esc's and how they compare to well known names.

That is for the consumer to decide for themselves.

Bad on sonic for calling their motors "TORQUE", even if they are from the same factory.
Last edited by cryhavoc38; Jan 12, 2011 at 12:40 PM.
Jan 12, 2011, 11:08 AM
Once u go yak u never go back
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1169453
Jan 12, 2011, 11:19 AM
Thread OP
cryhavoc, it was your posting I was referring to; and, please note the "??".

So you believe it is more than appearance, and that they are the same motor, in at least one case, and the same motor design, materials, and construction in the others?

And, this goes for the esc's as well?

Because if so, then I would say this will present some issues for ExtremeFlight.

Just trying to bring this to light, for the benefit of others.

Steve
Jan 12, 2011, 11:47 AM
This is not right. This is our copy written and trademarked name. I have contacted Sonic to correct this. They can sell whatever product they want, they cannot however infringe on our name!
Jan 12, 2011, 12:01 PM
Team Extreme Flight
The Torque name is synonymous with power, reliability and quality. It took a lot of years of hard work and excellent customer service to build up that kind of good will and name recognition. It is just plain wrong for a compeditior to try to capitalize on that.
Jan 12, 2011, 12:38 PM
Go Hawks!
AH!!!!

that is a new development.
They did NOT list them as "TORQUE" motors previously.

that is something completely new.

When I first came across these motors and esc's last year, they did not reference the name "Torque" at all.

bad on them!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin
The Torque name is synonymous with power, reliability and quality. It took a lot of years of hard work and excellent customer service to build up that kind of good will and name recognition. It is just plain wrong for a compeditior to try to capitalize on that.
No matter what I have found about esc's and motors and who makes them, shares the same hardware whatever, your above post is 1000% correct.

Customer service AFTER the sale is worth spending more initially!
Last edited by cryhavoc38; Jan 12, 2011 at 01:13 PM.
Jan 12, 2011, 01:43 PM
Thread OP
Well, good then, I'm glad this came out. I was shocked to see the "same" motor and esc, but couldn't believe the "Torque" name was being used on the motor.

And, it saddens me that there isn't some way for Extreme Flight to put a stop to more than just the use of a product name.

Steve
Jan 13, 2011, 11:47 AM
Well...I'm certainly not defending Sonic, but they do use "Hi-Torque"...and a different way of numbering their motors (external diameter and stator length is an odd combo!)... is that a legitimate way around the copyright?
Jan 13, 2011, 12:03 PM
Go Hawks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kiwi
Well...I'm certainly not defending Sonic, but they do use "Hi-Torque"...and a different way of numbering their motors (external diameter and stator length is an odd combo!)... is that a legitimate way around the copyright?

Dr, yesterday they were listed simply as Torque.

After Chris's email to them, the description was changed to hi-Torque yesterday afternoon.

Sonic changed the description so fast, he still has a spelling error for the se 3525/810...spelled hi-toque

Jan 13, 2011, 12:11 PM
Are they the same motors?
Jan 13, 2011, 12:12 PM
We think they may be from the one factory. Cryhavoc...they still use Torque in the notes below!
Jan 13, 2011, 12:51 PM
Team Extreme Flight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kiwi
...they still use Torque in the notes below!
Not anymore.
Jan 13, 2011, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin
Not anymore.
Yes they do:

"The TORQUE outrunner type design is powerful, efficient and creates massive amount of torque which allows for direct drive props attachment without the need for a gearbox".
Jan 13, 2011, 03:53 PM
Thread OP
And "SE TORQUE BL Motor Instructions".

Quick Reply