Use the 4S Luke
You got it.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 07, 2011, 12:29 AM
Old gasbag glider guy; LSF 255
You've got them...

Stan
Apr 07, 2011, 01:02 PM
Hoping and praying for you. Hang in there.
Apr 09, 2011, 12:15 AM
Am I the only one to note that the finished short kit assembly shown on the DVD has the red and black leads to the 24 volt side power supply reversed? The front banana plug colors for polarity are correct but the wires on the back side don't match the front.
Apr 09, 2011, 05:30 AM
life gets bad for a while....then you pick yourself back up. It was a blessing for me because i got to do lots of things that the succubus wouldn't allow whilst she was around.

life went on...and it was better.... wishing my neighbour all the best LOL
Apr 11, 2011, 01:32 PM
Sorry to hear about your troubles, been there too.

I hope you will be making more kits, I just scored two power supplies for a good price and hope to use your kit to upgrade them. I use a CellPro 10s and a PowerLab8 for all my charging.

My prayers are with you.
Apr 11, 2011, 02:51 PM
Pitch - Roll - Y'all
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpott6
Sorry to hear about your troubles, been there too.

I hope you will be making more kits, I just scored two power supplies for a good price and hope to use your kit to upgrade them. I use a CellPro 10s and a PowerLab8 for all my charging.

My prayers are with you.
akschu

I am new to the thread and was following along from the beginning. Didn't see that one coming either. Sorry for your loss and hope things work out.

If you feel like making some more kits or just make the video available, I also would be interested.

If you've lost all interest in the project, no problem I don't blame you a bit.

Good luck and our prayers are with you too.
Apr 11, 2011, 03:34 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for the support guys, I didn't mean to turn this thread into a vent, so sorry about that. Things are looking a little better and I'm hopeful we will make it and be happy together.

As far as the power supply kits, I may make more, but it won't be this week. I've been looking at building a kit for the dell 6650 power supplies because they are rated for 72 amps and they already have a floating dc-, however they don't use a common power cable, they are much bigger/heavier and there isn't a convenient way to mount terminals on it.

I'm still looking into connectors and things to make it work. The goal is to have a power supply kit that doesn't require any soldering. I think many people are cool with assembling something, but don't want to do much in the way of building.

I'll keep you all posted.
schu
Apr 11, 2011, 04:55 PM
Use the 4S Luke
I agree. I have looked at really large power supplies too but non-standard (and $$) cords are a show stopper. I have 100 of the 'quiet mode' versions of this power supply coming. The fan seems to be thermostatically controlled so it does not run fast all the time. The case is different too in its assembly. I'd like to see if the insides are different.
Apr 11, 2011, 09:24 PM

Got your Kit Today

Got your kit in the mail along with my Y power cord today, sadly I wont have time to put it together till the weekend but it looks like it should be no problem.

I'm glad to hear things are going better for you with everything else!

Thanks!
Apr 13, 2011, 01:03 AM
Got my full kit today ....went together very smooth. Thanks for your ideas and offerings. I hope things get better on the personal level also. Just hang in there...it will work out.
Apr 13, 2011, 08:36 PM
So any update on the Dell 6650 project? Or is the 2 ESP 135-600PB still a better way to go? I'm just starting this project/research as I can't afford a $250 PS for my iCharger 306B. I can get 2 of the ESP135 locally for $30 used, figure it should provide enough power for what I'm doing. I also like that you can run this setup just as a 12v source as well.
Apr 13, 2011, 09:20 PM
Thread OP
It depends...

The HP power supplies can't be wired in series without floating the dc- or AC ground. So from that perspective they aren't that great, but they are a bit smaller, use a common power cord, and because of how they are made you can make them into a really nice unit which is why I started building/selling kits. It gives me a way to give back to the RC community and provide a product for those that want to bolt stuff together while at the same time converting some of my time into some rc funds.

If you want absolute full power then go with the dell, but if you want portable then stick to the HP. If you don't want to deal with the funky power cord then go HP, if you don't want to deal with floating a ground then get the dell.

Since you can get the HP locally, I would just go that route.
Apr 13, 2011, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akschu
It depends...

If you want absolute full power then go with the dell, but if you want portable then stick to the HP. If you don't want to deal with the funky power cord then go HP, if you don't want to deal with floating a ground then get the dell.

Since you can get the HP locally, I would just go that route.
Thanks akschu, I think I will go with the HP, 24v at 47a not sure what the wattage will be, over 1000?? I plan on floating the DC of the 2nd unit that way I don't have to worry about the metal cases touching.
Apr 13, 2011, 11:01 PM
TJin(Guy + Tech)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottria
Thanks akschu, I think I will go with the HP, 24v at 47a not sure what the wattage will be, over 1000??
Knowledge is power.
Watts = Volts * Amps

I bet you can do the math from there

Quick Reply