Jan 17, 2011, 09:22 PM
treefinder
Thread OP
The way she sits now,top wing is flat.(actually shows anhedral, but flat in the air). Lower wing has an inch per side. Cg was about an inch aft of LE of lower wing before I swept it. I'll recheck tomorrow. Battery sits just aft of firewall; I stuff it in a hole cut in fuse bottom, hasn't fallen out yet, though haven't tried combat yet either....
Thanks for trying her out! Post pics when ya can!
to remove ads between posts
Jan 18, 2011, 02:56 AM
Build straight - Fly twisty
Nice paint style, Springer. Is that pre ww2 training or a Springer Special?
Oh! and just where are the over-confident student and the ashen-faced instructor?
OK, the instructor may be cowering down out of sight in the front cockpit but you need a student to blame if you make a bad landing. Casually pass it off as "scale."
Jan 18, 2011, 02:09 PM
treefinder
Thread OP
Well, since the plane is only "sortof" like a ww1 vintage the colors are likewise "sortof" ww1 trainer. Have to ponder the occupants - perhaps my older brother & me.....
Jan 18, 2011, 03:00 PM
Have the old bro bellowing advice: That'ed be right...
You have to be a bit careful with the trainer thing.
One of our FBs has a new HK Harvard and he was joking around about how 'scale' he was flying, prompting me to say, "Yep! Really scale. Looks just like a student having his first lesson."
Note to self: Be Nice.
Jan 19, 2011, 01:17 AM
Dixie Normious
Well Springer you have done it again.Designing a Beauty of a ScratchBuild. Still flying the OSG?
Been way too windy up this way as of late. And you know how it went ,when i tried that last time...lol

Won't be building anything anytime soon.I have too much/planes for my Small 1 BR ATP .Gf is like,Sorry no more unless i get rid of some of them. Got 2 unfinished/4-5 Airworthy lol. 80'' Spad Fuse in the kitchen, Tomhe's Euro-fighter, Radian Pro in the living room,a hili in the closet with 6 of the planes. And a 40 Size GP's Cherokee in out bedroom closet..Yea...I have no room left lmao...

Im Subscribed. ;0)
Jan 19, 2011, 12:06 PM
treefinder
Thread OP
Thanks EC, I remotored the V1 and flew it a bit, but stole motor for the V2 OSB. I am now building another OSG to replace the one lost and so far not found (pretty much given up hope...). Mostly windy here too, so it's definitely build season. (and indoor!)

Funny thing about these foamies, they're so light, but do take up space. Must be really tough in a one bedroom apt. Gonna be funny on mortgage application: Reason for mortgage - need more room for plane storage. Maybe you can find a friend who has a barn or garage not full for the long term storage????
Jan 22, 2011, 09:25 PM
Subscribe
Jan 27, 2011, 08:12 PM
master of the universe
incredible! you must be a good tetris player
Jan 27, 2011, 09:31 PM
RC is great fun!
That is a nice looking Bipe. I think I just found another plane to add to the build list.
Jan 28, 2011, 02:31 AM
Dixie Normious
Yea Tetris is a understatement once the wind calms down abit in the Spring i still want too CF tow the Wing and add some ballast. As a test too see how the OSG flys.

Great Bipe you got going Springer!!
Feb 05, 2011, 09:17 PM
RC Adddict
Got a little 1 handed build time on my bipe today , driving me nuts not being

able to build . The motors on , rudder and elevators are on and working . I have

to make a hatch for the battery bay on the front and make the cockpit look a

little better and then i think its ready for maiden and paint which will both have

to wait till my hand is available . I made an attempt at a steerable tail wheel ,

I'll have to wait and see how it works but it looks alright . I want to add some

outer wing struts because i like the way they look but havent decided how

I want to attach them as of yet . Off to see if i can sneak back downstairs

To build
Feb 05, 2011, 11:12 PM
treefinder
Thread OP
I've kicked around several ideas for the outer struts, but want them removeable as well, and haven't thought anything I'm satisfied with. One idea was skewers glued to plates, then use coffee stirrers between the wings pressed over the skewers. Too complicated. the other was just cut from the clear plastic "blisterpack" type sheet and paint black, but how to retain?
Feb 06, 2011, 12:11 AM
RC Adddict
Ive got a couple really small magnets that i was thinking might work , not sure if i have enough of them though . I'll think on it a bit more . On the OSW thread someone asked about a 1 sheet trainer , Just take the bottom wing off this it looks pretty nice maybe something like this

http://www.ultralightnews.com/ssulbg...okkerDVIII.jpg
Feb 06, 2011, 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer
I've kicked around several ideas for the outer struts, but want them removeable as well, and haven't thought anything I'm satisfied with. One idea was skewers glued to plates, then use coffee stirrers between the wings pressed over the skewers. Too complicated. the other was just cut from the clear plastic "blisterpack" type sheet and paint black, but how to retain?
What about black drinking straws squashed flat so they are a streamline shape and have little bamboo stubs on the wing in the right places and spring the wings apart a bit and pop them in.
Feb 06, 2011, 08:14 AM
treefinder
Thread OP
Great minds.... That's exactly what I was trying to describe in#72! But full size drinking straws may be more "scale". Not that I should be worrying about scale on this guy.

Quick Reply