Jan 11, 2011, 09:31 PM
treefinder
Thread OP
Hey, Hi Guy! Thanks for the plaudit. So did ya get the BB and the cub flying?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 11, 2011, 10:46 PM
RC Adddict
Well i dont have servos or a power system yet but i printed taped and cutout 1 of these while watching a Hockey game toady . Got the 2 Fuse halves glued together and after the kids go to bed i'll probably work on the wings a bit .

Should look good hanging in the boys room until i put in another order .

Heck at only 1 sheet i should see how many i can get hanging around the house before the wife kicks me out
Jan 11, 2011, 11:09 PM
treefinder
Thread OP
Dude, you could have a full squadron!
Jan 11, 2011, 11:12 PM
SG Talon... Super Genius.
Mike! you have a droid now??? You know that can act as a mobile wifi hotspot you know. You can run your home computer through your phone i am talking about high speed internet in the wilderness of Armada!
Jan 11, 2011, 11:14 PM
treefinder
Thread OP
What, you mean there's light at the end of the tunnel and it's not a train????? have to check on that....
Jan 11, 2011, 11:33 PM
Mike,

I have liked your bipe since I first laid eyes on V1. I never had a biplane but always wanted one. Yours would be good one to start with. I just don't know how I'm ever going to be able to build all the cool planes you and the other SEMFF guys come up with!
Jan 12, 2011, 11:54 AM
treefinder
Thread OP
Well, you may just have to set the balsa sticks aside for a bit.... ya already know these foamies go together quicker than balsa anyway!
Jan 12, 2011, 06:07 PM

where do you pick up foam board?

love the plane hope you dont mind an off topic question i looked at some of the local ds and no carries single sheet foam board only option for thin foam seems to be lowes or hdepot and u have to by a stack of thirty sheets.... which might make sense in the long run

thnx
Jan 12, 2011, 08:20 PM
RC Adddict
dollarramma here and ive also heard micheals mentioned as well
Jan 12, 2011, 10:02 PM

hadnt thought about micheals

thanks for the bounce back
Jan 12, 2011, 11:03 PM
treefinder
Thread OP
rtfc7: If you let us know where you're located it will help. Around here in SE Michigan, there are Dollar Tree, Debby's dollar, etc several chains, and not all have the Readiboard. Michaels sells something similar, as does Hobby Lobby (the craft store - Actually theirs is nice, paper stronger, and harder to get off, but resulting foam has more tooth for gluing/laminating than readiboard, which comes out pretty smooth). Walmart sells Elmers board with heavy slick paper thats hard to get off. Staples and Office Depot probably sell elmers or something similar. Readiboard is best cause it's cheapest, has paper that comes off easily and the foam is similar to all the other types, a nice smooth very small cell expanded styrene foam.
Jan 13, 2011, 06:57 AM

Im in upstate Ny

Enjoying the beautiful balmy weather of upstate Ny in winter. The last post has a great list we just got a hobby lobby so I will probably head there at lunch. Thanks again! Probably will try to cut one of these out this weekend. Looks more enjoyable than hot wiring blue cores. I still never get the surface smooth!
Jan 13, 2011, 10:48 AM
Long time newbie
For those who live near a "Dollar Tree" store, if they don't have Readiboard in stock ,I have ordered a case on line and had it drop shipped to my local store. Same cost as buying from the store except you have to buy a case of 50 sheets that come in an unopen case.

http://www.dollartree.com/teachers-s...?method=search
Jan 13, 2011, 12:21 PM
treefinder
Thread OP
RT: Hobby Lobby foamcore is usually$2/20x30 inch sheet, but periodically goes on sale at half price, so you may want to ask at the store. I found that I could peel paper off withough any "treatment" if I took my time. There is a plastic film that I assume is the adhesive layer, If one was realllly careful, one could peel paper and leave the film for something like Dow Blucore. I didn't manage it myself, but the foam is nice and strong itself (for 3/16" stuyrofoam), so not critical.
Jan 13, 2011, 12:27 PM
treefinder
Thread OP
videos added to first post for those who are interested in how she flys! (or want to see just how crazy it is to fly at Ultimate Soccer!)

Quick Reply