Jan 10, 2011, 01:24 PM
treefinder
Thread OP
Ridge: I forgot to note gear, but now added it to first post. It's the same setup as the ww2 combat foamies: 1700kv Bw motor, 7x6 prop and 2s pack. Plenty of pep for me.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 10, 2011, 01:27 PM
From trucks to planes
Wow very cool idea and design for a single sheet! I think I'll have to modify this for perhaps a low mono-wing airplane and use the extra sheeting for experimentation. After making a few high wing trainers I think this is going to be great!
Jan 10, 2011, 01:35 PM
From trucks to planes
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer
Ridge: I forgot to note gear, but now added it to first post. It's the same setup as the ww2 combat foamies: 1700kv Bw motor, 7x6 prop and 2s pack. Plenty of pep for me.
That's great. I just ordered 5g servos too. I have a little 10g ~2300 kv motor (5-6 oz thrust), so I may try that and see how that goes, or my 1300-1400 kv 20-24g motors instead. What's your AUW with everything? I imagine 6-7 oz?
Jan 10, 2011, 01:48 PM
treefinder
Thread OP
Don: that'll be great for the video tomorrow. I took her out for a bit this am, but at 16F, was all I could do to work the sticks without the added hassle of a camera! If you still have any, bring a couple of the 7x6 props, I seem to have exhausted my supply!

While out this morning, i saw the biggest hawk I'd ever seen around here (maybe an eagle?). Came around the house toward the barn flying slowly about 30 ft off the ground, once past the barn, a couple of crows zoomed in and started harassing it, so it flew off to north west. Didn't seem to be bothered much by the crows. Must have been 5-6ft wingspan (big as a buzzard, but had the hawkish white/mottled feathers on belly. I was so dumfounded, I forgot to pull out the phone to snap a shot til it was too far away! rats....
Jan 10, 2011, 01:49 PM
treefinder
Thread OP
Slo-V: I haven't weighed the V2 yet, but will do today. Just did, and V2 without battery comes to 7.5oz. I'm sure she could lose some weight in the landing gear, tho.
Last edited by springer; Jan 10, 2011 at 08:47 PM.
Jan 10, 2011, 11:12 PM
Registered FFF Addict
That is great... I think you should do a whole series of single sheet planes. You got a good start on it. At least a person knows how much foam he needs. Nice looking bipe.
Jan 10, 2011, 11:49 PM
old foamie
I'll agree with larryross , you have a great idea there. What I like is the many different planes that can be built from these plans with a little wingtip or tail feather massage. I don't know why it wasn't thought of before, but hats off to you.I'll be waiting for the next instalment, oh didn't you also dabbled with gyros also?
Jan 11, 2011, 01:03 AM
Build straight - Fly twisty
So Larry, you could do a One Sheet out of 8 X 4 foot foam
Jan 11, 2011, 09:23 AM
treefinder
Thread OP
Graham, don't give him any more ideas!!!! 8^)
Actually, Larry, I'm on the way with a one sheet wing, and thinking about a one sheet funjet and 30's racer.
Jan 11, 2011, 09:24 AM
treefinder
Thread OP
Graham, don't give him any more ideas!!!! 8^)
Actually, Larry, I'm on the way with a one sheet wing, and thinking about a one sheet funjet and 30's racer.
Jan 11, 2011, 01:13 PM
From trucks to planes
Thanks, 7.5 oz sounds about right with electronics/gear and all. Looks like that is with the paper peeled off? Hmm... more questions, what's the wing loading come to with the bipe design on this one?
Jan 11, 2011, 02:27 PM
Hey! There's an echo in here in here in here
Jan 11, 2011, 07:34 PM
treefinder
Thread OP
My bad. double posted and couldn't get my new android phone browser to "edit" the post to erase it.......Technology......
Jan 11, 2011, 08:16 PM
Ah Ha!
You have a 1 sheet plane and a 2 sheet phone...
Jan 11, 2011, 08:22 PM
Neat plane! I have a few ready to fly the next time you come down.

Quick Reply