Jan 06, 2011, 02:31 AM
lost in the addiction of flyin
Fly-In

Kelowna ogopogo radio controllers spring fun fly apr 30 may 1

-- Spring Fun Fly
April 30 2 days Kelowna Ogopogo Radio Controllers Spring Fun Fly Everyone welcome. Electric, Nitro, Gas, Glider, Heli, Airplanes. Dry camping, no landing fees, Concession onsite. Pilots must have current MAAC or AMA. No landing fees. Come and have Fun with us.
Contact Todd Davis toddapril@shaw.ca Contact Rick Dawdy rsdawdy@telus.net

http://www.korc.ca/ for more info about getting to the feild
heres a few shots from last years event to catch your eyes
to remove ads between posts
Mar 02, 2011, 08:31 PM

spring event sponsors list

Kelowna Ogopogo Radio Controllers are proud to announce a few of the sponsors for the spring fun fly.

Great Hobbies www.greatbobbies.com
Lesters Hobbies
Kelowna Insta print

anyone interested in helping us out please contact me at toddapril@shaw.ca
Apr 09, 2011, 02:25 AM
come one come all this will be a fun weekend of flying and demos

hey and i got more sponsors and supporters to name out too

kelowna speedway andn hobby
abc hobby and shaver
lordco auto parts
magraths auto parts(napa)
wyatt auto parts........... hey i am a mechanic by trade i gotta get my guys involved

bonanza meats for the bbq ables

definitly have alot of great pilots draws and such and we will be having a pretty nice raffle prise too

a hanger 9 pulse 60 is looking to be first prize, soon as i pick it up that is
Apr 09, 2011, 07:04 PM
I'll try to get out there. I'm in Salmon Arm.
Apr 24, 2011, 12:19 AM
one week to go and oh baby the weather had turned for the good. all we need now are some local fly low girls to display the models for us.

hope to see you all there
May 02, 2011, 01:48 AM

Wow what a weekend

man for those that showed up omg what a weekend we had. sun sun and sun with no, campfires food great flying. I have no complaints on how things went this weekend.

Saturday started off at 6:30 am when my 3 year old son decided its sunny out and its time to get up, thank goodness he waited till 7:20 on sunday. From the moment we got up to the time i am typing this now it has been none stop working and smiling doing it. by 9:40 everything was up and fully set up and the first sorties of the day were already occuring, a quick pilots meeting to rally the pilots which there were 35 of them in total for the whole weekend, and boom time flew on. next thing i new the lunch rush was on in the cantine and you could hear the people laughing and having a great time, oooing and aaaahhhing over the showmanship of gene and mike to the precision and chaos that todd brought on with the helis. watching the general flying skills of all there increase with the day as it went on and watching the family flying going on with steve and his son was more than i could have needed for the day, i know they had a great time. before i knew it the day was gone and for the life of me i hadnt flown a single plane all day so i grabbed my seminole and played around a bit before we called the flying and got into the wobbly pops and sat around the fire for the evening

i remember sitting at the fire going man if tomorrow is half what today is i am going to be very happy

SUNDAY

this day is nothing like saturday, steve i wish you had been able to see this day......

morning started off casual and relaxed flying was solid and precise and the crowds begain to gather and it was obvious by the zero clouds in the sky we had nailed the nicest day of the year to date. everything was going according to plan right untill noon when i had the static display on the feild, with a bit of a suprise planned for the guys there. i had planed for two of the local full scale flying club members to come out to the event and do a couple of passes over the feild, they showed up with three planes and did 4 passes over the feild LOW FAST and right in our face, totally blew me away with how well that went over. Larry Rupert and Chris did an amazing job of straifing the feild and with that they were gone and we were back to flying. At 1:40 Rupert and Chris showed up at the feild with their families and enjoyed the flying show put on by the many pilots that they had just recently entertained. We raffeled off the Pulse xt 60 that was top prize and Doug Murray won that. After the raffle was done i figured ok the day is done and hey mayby I can get in a flight...........wrong

in flys this yahoo pulling a banner behind his plane, flooring canada is not going to get my bussiness from this one thats for sure, its a good thing we had some bery experienced pilots in the air at that time as this pilot proceded to fly threw our airpace repeatedly, we had guys scrambling their planes behind the flight line we had guys diving to the surface and doing anything they could to avoid him, we had calls into the tower at the airport to get him out of there and all. BUT while all this is going on here comes a helicoptor in from our right and behid the flight line, respecting our airspace he circled around and landed the bell chopper on our clubs seperate heli practice area, he and his copilot climb out and it turns out they had been out at the event the day before and wanted to show Todd their heli, they were gracious enough to let some of the kids take a look inside as well and from what my 3 year old son said to me after lets just say i dont know if i can top this for him.

the flooring canada plane finally got the hint and left and we were able to put on more shows for the public, the heli guy took off as well but he did a nice pass over the flight line for us as well.

man what a day

thank you to all that attended, no matter how much work i put into it i couldnt have had success with out participation

Quick Reply