Nov 17, 2016, 06:40 PM
world's slowest builder
well there you go. Nerds don't discriminate when it comes to power sources...
to remove ads between posts
Nov 21, 2016, 01:53 AM
Any recommendations on a ready to run 5s or 6s 70mm setup? I tried two different CS10 / CS14 blade fans with aluminum shrouds and 2200kv motors and they exploded upon take off... which reminds me I need to order a new wing/kit - LOL.
Nov 21, 2016, 03:24 AM
world's slowest builder
Im going to run a low power 6s setup. Freewing 12 blade 70mm fans and HET 1850 kv motors.
Nov 21, 2016, 04:39 AM
TOPDOG
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxel View Post
Any recommendations on a ready to run 5s or 6s 70mm setup? I tried two different CS10 / CS14 blade fans with aluminum shrouds and 2200kv motors and they exploded upon take off... which reminds me I need to order a new wing/kit - LOL.

I am running this
http://goods.ruten.com.tw/item/show?21539717680616
I paid about $120 for 2 fans/motor/esc combos

Which seems to be a similar version of this
http://www.hobby-paradise.com/en/pro...ct_detail.html

(look at page 564 for more 6s setups)

1850kv out runners 80A esc's, 6s 5000mah 25c 107A 2200W, about 3 mins power at full throttle
My fans and motors came preinstalled so I didnt have to balance them. Have already done 2 WOT on ground test and they everything seems to be checking out fine

Look at page 564 someone mentioned anything over 2000kv is too hot for the CS fans and will likely burn up
Last edited by pacro; Nov 21, 2016 at 04:45 AM.
Nov 22, 2016, 06:30 PM
Mach One
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxel View Post
Where they balanced ? I have this 2200kv and 12 blade Freewing metal shroud EDF system on a few 70mm EDFs and they don't explode if they are balanced.
Dec 12, 2016, 08:09 PM

Painting the Windrider 737

I just bought the 737 from windrider. I was wondering what the process and items needed to achieve the glossy look for the airplane. Its going to be a Delta airliner and I what the white glossy and the wings gray. Any suggestions ??
Dec 12, 2016, 08:14 PM
Foam addict
Self sticking vinyl film is best. I've never used it but it looks great as shown by others on this thread.
Dec 12, 2016, 08:16 PM
Kicking Tires
Agreed, I'm not the best at vinyl wrapping like some of these magicians are in this thread, but adhesive vinyl is worth the time and practice to get it right. Paint after sufficient prep and before adequate sealer remains an option, but my short list of Windrider inspiration photos were all wrapped by builders in vinyl.
Dec 12, 2016, 09:02 PM
TOPDOG
This is mine, fuse is wrapped, wings are painted.
If its your first time wrapping something I suggest you take it slowly and do the less concave areas first
I separated my fuse into 3 sections, front fuse center fuse and rear fuse, so I only have 2 overlaps but if done right you can't even see them.
For the nose cone if you are not skillful in heating and stretching the vinyl, one way is to cut several small long triangles and go around the nose. Same with the rear fuse. If you are good at heating and stretching then you can try to do it in one piece.
After finising, I used a hairdryer set on high to go over the whole body and sort of "melt" the entire wrap together. If done properly all the overlaps will "melt" together and be barely visible, (98% invisible from arms length)
But don't set your heat gun too hot or else you could melt the vinyl too much to where it wrinkles up or pulls apart
Dec 12, 2016, 10:06 PM
world's slowest builder
I'm really hoping Santa brings me one of these!
Dec 12, 2016, 11:31 PM
6 months to finish a rtf
When I built My US Airways 737 I used the WB polycrylic and tissue which worked well -since then new methods have come out
a new super light fiberglass cloth which I used on my 90MM Bae Hawk I used thin epoxy and it came great
now a new product a water based product to install the fiberglass is available. I used it on my Scratch built 90 mm Sport jet
and it super easy to use and there no smell- super light weight and strong.
will be doing a video on how to use it soon and will be building a new 737 using these products soon
Dec 13, 2016, 12:09 AM
world's slowest builder
did you use EZ Kote?

all your planes look great!
Dec 13, 2016, 09:58 AM
6 months to finish a rtf
Air-Jon
the 737 was covered using min wax Polycrylic and tissue as seen in video

ployglass.wmv (3 min 2 sec)

The hawk and sport jet were used lightweight fiberglass cloth - I'll be doing a new video on how to apply this epoxyless fiberglass
cloth in the next week or so .
Dec 13, 2016, 11:25 AM
world's slowest builder
Hi Pulsery, I was referring to the "water based adhesive" for glassing that you mentioned on your USS TRUMP fightter. the popular one I have heard of is EZ Kote
Dec 13, 2016, 04:14 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fully charged View Post
I just bought the 737 from windrider. I was wondering what the process and items needed to achieve the glossy look for the airplane. Its going to be a Delta airliner and I what the white glossy and the wings gray. Any suggestions ??
Welcome to RCG! You will learn mountains of information in these pages, start diggin!

I'd recommend a covering as well. And as you dont have the experience, I recommend getting a block of wood and start practicing. I'll offer the Noob Covering Thread below, but nothing is a substitute for experience. You will quickly learn what you can and cannot do with covering, how far you can stretch and bend it, etc. I took to covering very quick and actually enjoy the process... kinda get into zen mode.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...nning-Builders

I am excited to see your Delta come together. Are you also in Atlanta?

Quick Reply