Thread Tools
Old Feb 10, 2013, 03:26 AM
8492ND is offline
Find More Posts by 8492ND
Registered User

Antennas & Probes


Pixs......
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2013, 03:29 AM
8492ND is offline
Find More Posts by 8492ND
Registered User
Here's a pix of the old Robbie wheel I carved my probe from. That task was not easy, lol.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 03:39 AM
8492ND is offline
Find More Posts by 8492ND
Registered User

Corrected MESA Antenna


After some much needed constructive criticism, I have "dimensionally corrected" the tail and moved the antenna back. Still have a lot of work to do. I think I may vacuum mold these parts.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 03:42 AM
8492ND is offline
Find More Posts by 8492ND
Registered User

Leading edges


I have decides to go with some simple hinges.....pretty sure the will do their job.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:30 PM
8492ND is offline
Find More Posts by 8492ND
Registered User
Interesting that nobody has nothing to say....
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:47 PM
pulsery2k1 is offline
Find More Posts by pulsery2k1
6 months to finish a rtf
pulsery2k1's Avatar
8492ND

Great job on the slats , looks much better - you left but were
buried under the snow
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:56 PM
8492ND is offline
Find More Posts by 8492ND
Registered User
Naw, I'm in Las Vegas at the moment and its a good thing too!
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:37 AM
limodune is offline
Find More Posts by limodune
Registered User
limodune's Avatar
Hi guys

I have just completed putting full fowler flaps (inboard outboard) on my airliner

Question

At what degrees should I set them at for take off (inboard outboard)
Also for landing (inboard outboard)
I have put a device in the line to make them activate slowly

I get a bit confused when different flap names are used I found this which helped me , though it might help others

Mike
Old Feb 13, 2013, 02:18 PM
Doug W is offline
Find More Posts by Doug W
Registered User
Doug W's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8492ND View Post
After some much needed constructive criticism, I have "dimensionally corrected" the tail and moved the antenna back. Still have a lot of work to do. I think I may vacuum mold these parts.
That looks perfect 8492ND...very nice indeed.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:57 PM
4stripes is online now
Find More Posts by 4stripes
Registered User
4stripes's Avatar
Nice thread with beautiful models and many interesting ideas.
Can anyone who is using the CS 10 or 12 blade fans tell me their motor/battery setups?
I am also really interested in how many watts this plane needs to fly realistically.
Thanks Eric
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:04 PM
hi2nr is offline
Find More Posts by hi2nr
Registered User
4s 4000mah x2
2x tacon 2615kv motors
2x CS 12 blade fans
2x 80A esc

I pull 58a static wot so I guess it'll be around the 55a or so in the air. My plane also is a bit heavy so I have to fly around half throttle. I'm sure if I unload a lot of the nick nacks I can cruise at 1/3 throttle
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:34 PM
4stripes is online now
Find More Posts by 4stripes
Registered User
4stripes's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi2nr View Post
4s 4000mah x2
2x tacon 2615kv motors
2x CS 12 blade fans
2x 80A esc

I pull 58a static wot so I guess it'll be around the 55a or so in the air. My plane also is a bit heavy so I have to fly around half throttle. I'm sure if I unload a lot of the nick nacks I can cruise at 1/3 throttle
Thanks!
that works out to around 1750watts

Anyone else with more power info?
The reason I'm asking is that I am setting up a couple CS 10 and 12 blade twin fans with the Turnigy 2855-2100 motors on 6S. Full power will kill the motors but I can limit the power to below 1000watts each to keep them alive (with the ESC). I just would like to know if 1800 or 1700 watts would be a reasonable setup for this big plane.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:51 PM
bamaguy is offline
Find More Posts by bamaguy
Don't Move I've Dropped My Nut
bamaguy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4stripes View Post
I am also really interested in how many watts this plane needs to fly realistically.
Thanks Eric
Realistically, 1700+watts is an overkill! It flys "faster than scale" on 1200 watts. Average gross weight ranges between 7 to 8 pounds. I used E-Flite Delta V EDF's with 3200kv inrunners (same as in HABU) on 4S4000/40C.....way more power than needed for "scale" flight speeds.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:36 PM
4stripes is online now
Find More Posts by 4stripes
Registered User
4stripes's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaguy View Post
Realistically, 1700+watts is an overkill! It flys "faster than scale" on 1200 watts. Average gross weight ranges between 7 to 8 pounds. I used E-Flite Delta V EDF's with 3200kv inrunners (same as in HABU) on 4S4000/40C.....way more power than needed for "scale" flight speeds.
How many amps or watts are you drawing with the Eflite habu setups? It must be more than 1200watts total (for both)?
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:42 PM
Vapor Trails is online now
Find More Posts by Vapor Trails
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Vapor Trails's Avatar
Any 737s going to come down to SEFF??
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Please kill isis


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Windrider Boeing 737 Ming Scale Kit/Scratch Built 638 Mar 10, 2016 01:41 PM
Discussion Windrider Boeing 737-700 could be a good glider Ming Slope 63 Jul 02, 2015 10:31 PM
New Product Boeing 737 philipcmf Foamy EDFs 83 Jan 16, 2011 10:03 AM
Boeing 737 jermaine Foamies (Kits) 6 Apr 09, 2002 12:21 AM