Nov 21, 2012, 10:00 PM
Looks good, I have flown on a few JAL 737's, it's a nice clean scheme. Are you applying the decals direct to the foam?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 21, 2012, 10:17 PM
The halves are vinyled and then decals applied over that. I still have to fuse the halves together, fill/sand and finish some more vinyling.

I applied the vinyls by the panel squares in case a repair is needed due to a boo boo in some future flights lol
Nov 25, 2012, 11:08 PM
flying techy
Quote:
Originally Posted by markyb13
Well here it is kulula flying 101 didnt work out to good pulled vinyl to tight pealed off went back to my original liveryAttachment 5315296
Nice job.. Love to see it fly..
Nov 26, 2012, 08:24 PM
Landin' On The Canopy BAD
alright guys, I think I'm going to be getting one of these under the christmas tree! I'm hoping to add flaps and do the southwest blue whale livery. I also want to add the nose gear door that I have seen many people do on here, any other small ideas? This will probably be an ongoing project. I'm thinking of the change sun 70mm 10 blade fans, whats the best motor/esc to go with?
Nov 27, 2012, 10:37 AM
Stay Thirsty My Friends
What is a Southwest Blue Whale livery . I am not familiar and I fly for SWA.

Rick
Nov 27, 2012, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swarick
What is a Southwest Blue Whale livery . I am not familiar and I fly for SWA.

Rick
http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl...9,r:2,s:0,i:91

idk if it is actually called the "blue whale" but I had seen it called that on quite a few other forums, maybe you would know!
Nov 27, 2012, 11:20 AM
What tree??.......Doh!!
My guess is to look at the tail- the original Shamu didn't have winglets, and had the tan/mustard/yellow tail where as the later version had the canyon blue tail

Older:

Newer (canyon blue tail and winglets)

So two different 737 versions.
Nov 27, 2012, 11:21 AM
something like that, I'm not quite sure
Nov 27, 2012, 12:17 PM
Stay Thirsty My Friends
I get what you mean now. I hope you can pull it off. It's a challenging scheme. Look forward to seeing a video.

Rick
Nov 27, 2012, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swarick
I get what you mean now. I hope you can pull it off. It's a challenging scheme. Look forward to seeing a video.

Rick
haha, this won't even be happening until around march, I gotta work on getting everything together, radio equip, power source, etc.
Nov 27, 2012, 09:25 PM
Fly and let Fly!

Time..

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-86FLIER4LIFE
haha, this won't even be happening until around march, I gotta work on getting everything together, radio equip, power source, etc.
Agreed.. Whoa.. Its a time Thing.. just getting to my fuse now.. Haven't even done anything with the engines..!! WBPU coated 3 times.. Sanding then prime then paint, then we'll see..Name: 737 Fuse Table.jpg
Views: 164
Size: 269.0 KB
Description: Name: WBPU 737 Fuse 002.jpg
Views: 285
Size: 97.8 KB
Description:
Nov 27, 2012, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocg
Agreed.. Whoa.. Its a time Thing.. just getting to my fuse now.. Haven't even done anything with the engines..!! WBPU coated 3 times.. Sanding then prime then paint, then we'll see..Attachment 5334363 Attachment 5334364
I was wondering what would be better, some of the vinyl covered models are mighty snazzy looking! but also, painting seems like it would be a little simpler.
Nov 27, 2012, 09:34 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Quote:
http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl...9,r:2,s:0,i:91

idk if it is actually called the "blue whale" but I had seen it called that on quite a few other forums, maybe you would know!
FYI~ I am pretty sure the color of the whale in that scheme is black... its an orca.

I think I mentioned it previously, but my fav is the salmon-thirty-salmon (from Alaska Airlines)
Nov 27, 2012, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman
FYI~ I am pretty sure the color of the whale in that scheme is black... its an orca.

I think I mentioned it previously, but my fav is the salmon-thirty-salmon (from Alaska Airlines)
I know it's an orca, but for some reason people on other forums while I was researching this were calling it the "blue whale" and I don't really know why. I love the Alaska Airlines, one of their birds is my second choice if I feel this will not work out
Nov 27, 2012, 09:50 PM
Fly and let Fly!

Paint.. Vinyl

Quote:
I was wondering what would be better, some of the vinyl covered models are mighty snazzy looking! but also, painting seems like it would be a little simpler.
I will say wanted the consitancy of vinyl.. Without a 3rd hand for me it was working almost, but not to my satisfaction.. Got to the point of "Hell with It".. Pulled it off and started coating away with the WBPU (3 coats, sanded with 400 and 800grit.)many reported of..
My justification was that the result will also be consistant and paintable.. No seams or wrinkles..
Paint will most likely have its downfall too, but I suspect all will be fine.. If I get 85% perfection, I'm happy!! so glad I am not overly Anal in that dept.!!

Quick Reply