Jun 09, 2012, 04:52 AM
Derek
What motors and batteries are you using with the ChangeSun fans?
I'm going to be using them too
Paul
to remove ads between posts
Jun 09, 2012, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pannoch RC
Return springs installed, all works well.

Thanks Doug for the tut's

Paul
Brilliant Paul- your spoiler set up is perfect mate.
Jun 09, 2012, 05:13 PM
Paul B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug W
Brilliant Paul- your spoiler set up is perfect mate.
I make no apologies for copying such a good idea
Jun 09, 2012, 07:33 PM
I am looking into getting this plane.
Do you guys have any videos?
I'm just not in the mood to search 250 pages
Jun 09, 2012, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer
I am looking into getting this plane.
Do you guys have any videos?
I'm just not in the mood to search 250 pages
Just Youtube "RC 737, Windrider" and there are plenty of videos.
Jun 09, 2012, 09:06 PM
Thanks!
What fans are most people going with?
Jun 09, 2012, 09:09 PM
My first test run of the fans fully installed. I'm running the Change Sun 70mm 10 blade fans, Hobby King L2855-2300kv motors, 80 amp ESC's (the motors only draw 43 amps each, but what the heck), two 4S 2500 Gens Ace packs in parallel (makes 4S 5000 mAh).

I'm thinking it sounds like an airliner .

Boeing 737 Test Run (1 min 25 sec)
Jun 09, 2012, 09:15 PM
Wow!
Where did you get the decals?!!!
Jun 09, 2012, 11:25 PM
Quote:
Wow!
Where did you get the decals?!!!
Mine is a combination of stock decals from the kit, the extra "Continental" decal set sold by windrider, and custom decals by a local sign shop, and some hand painted. Other guys are getting theirs from Callie graphics. The base kit comes with enough decals to look respectable, but many of us are doing custom. Windrider sells a wide collection of various airliner decals.
Jun 09, 2012, 11:31 PM
I would want to put on the sun country decLs, out local airline.
It an 800, but i dont care enough to go through the extra work.
Jun 10, 2012, 12:30 AM
Love the sound Derek.
I've got the L2855-2800kv motors for mine but I'm not sure that
that is not too high kv for these fans.
Will have to bench test first and see what Amps/Watts I'm getting.

Paul
Jun 10, 2012, 01:54 AM

Wedgie Update...

Perhaps a bad title for a post. Though it looks nearly finished, discretion was the better part of valor tonight- I'm not doing a wing join at 1130pm.

Wedgetail is 90% covered in vinyl (undersides of wing and flaps remain, as well as upper antenna). Then it's time to start making all the dozens of antennaes, wing tip antenna mods, radome and aft APU area mods, more antennas, and all that little stuff that takes forever! Ugh!

BTW, a careful view of the engine nacelles will reveal another mod that is on Wedgetail- larger generators on the CFM56 engines that cause a bulge on the left hand side of each nacelle- Boeing modified their nacelles to fit the generator, so I followed suit- in my case, a shaped a depron fairing did the trick. The photo also shows my modified (smaller) battery hatch because of the antenna array and the cuffed vertical stabilizer as compared to stock on the Alaska 737 behind it.

Still, I should have taxi tests next weekend I am guessing if I get a good day in tomorrow.
Jun 10, 2012, 01:59 AM
Quote:
I would want to put on the sun country decLs, out local airline.
It an 800, but i dont care enough to go through the extra work.
BTW Alex, Sun Country is now also running -700s. Saw one on final into SEA today.
Jun 10, 2012, 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug W
Perhaps a bad title for a post. Though it looks nearly finished, discretion was the better part of valor tonight- I'm not doing a wing join at 1130pm.

Wedgetail is 90% covered in vinyl (undersides of wing and flaps remain, as well as upper antenna). Then it's time to start making all the dozens of antennaes, wing tip antenna mods, radome and aft APU area mods, more antennas, and all that little stuff that takes forever! Ugh!

BTW, a careful view of the engine nacelles will reveal another mod that is on Wedgetail- larger generators on the CFM56 engines that cause a bulge on the left hand side of each nacelle- Boeing modified their nacelles to fit the generator, so I followed suit- in my case, a shaped a depron fairing did the trick. The photo also shows my modified (smaller) battery hatch because of the antenna array and the cuffed vertical stabilizer as compared to stock on the Alaska 737 behind it.

Still, I should have taxi tests next weekend I am guessing if I get a good day in tomorrow.
You are doing some fast work! And great attention to detail. You're gonna need a bigger garage.

It sound like there will be lots of little antenna projections and such. That will make it challenging for transport and handling. I only have one red beacon on top of my fuselage and I already botched it (not broken, just smooshed, so easy fix).

Quick Reply