This thread is privately moderated by phil alvirez, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 04, 2011, 05:34 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

the new beginning

NEW:
jan 4/2011
when i returned to r/c, after some 9 years (i was doing painting, oil on canvas), first i reactivated my 2 elfs, the 36" and the 48", with the new technology. as i realized that i could make smaller airplanes, i got 1 park 250 motor and designed another plane for it (gremlin), and then heard that there was going to be an even smaller motor (park 180), so i designed an airplane for it. it was the Talisman. guessing the power, it came as a 24"ws, 6" chord (144sqin),weighing 140 gr. it was even better than my wildest spectations. with it i began an extensive program evaluating turbulators, with 2 identical wings, 1 of them with turbs and the other without. i measured speed with both, and you will find more at 'my goal...'. it was an exhilarating experience to see that all the work by Schmitz confirmed what i had been living for many years. there is more data on the talisman below, but it has been evolving through the time. i tried another wing with higher aspect ratio and sharper leading edge, first without, then with turbs, then added fixed flaps to increase area and slow it down-the turbs made it too fast for my taste (and for catching it).
then came the variations with pusher configuration. i will add that under the Talisman, at 'my goal is...' look for the notice in here when i do that.
Last edited by phil alvirez; Apr 08, 2011 at 07:06 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply