Aug 17, 2011, 10:08 AM
Thread OP
I glued the ribs to the spars for both wing halves sometime in the spring. I just noticed that I didn't post pics of that (I don't know why). Yesterday I glued the LE and TE of one of the wings. Here is some pics. I hope to do the same to the other half today. I just finished the summer semester of college and I don't go back to school until the 29th so I have plenty of time to work on this.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 17, 2011, 10:13 AM
Thread OP
I have a few questions for anyone who would like to help.

1. Will this style of wing construction hold up to the vibrations of a gas engine. (no plating or capstriping)

2. What would be the best way to frame in the ailerons? The plans just show a dotted line where they should go. Nothing about where framing.
Aug 17, 2011, 11:32 AM
ARFs Are Me
To me, the wing construction looks to be adequate for gas engines.

Where your ribs are short, add a 1/4" trailing edge. I'd then use 1/4" for the aileron leading edge. Use the same stock that you used for the wing's TE, for the aileron trailing edge. Make sure that you add a hard point to mount a control horn.
Aug 18, 2011, 11:01 PM
Used to be some gal who was a former flyer, and had most everything for Vic's and another modeler or two. Used to advertise in Model Aviation out the Mid-west area.

Wm.
Aug 20, 2011, 07:08 PM
There was a nine foot w/s Taylorcraft done. It was by Starcad and as a part of an article in the May 1979 issue of Model Builder and as a part of Bob Harrah's article in Model Aviation August 1979. Each mention now to R/C it, and use a .60 glow engine. This is not a racer. The RC Modeler article has mention about Vic's.

Wm.
Jan 06, 2012, 02:14 AM

taylorcraft plans - 1/4 scale - found in basement

Found a full set of 1/4 scale Taylorcraft plans WS 108" Lgt 68 3/4 "
Plans from: Miniature Aircraft Corp.
83 Low Terrace
New Brighton, NY
COPYRIGHT 1942
Good condition - full size (1/4 scale) on mylar (3 sheets)

Email if you have any questions [email protected]
Aug 05, 2018, 02:19 PM

vics custom models taylorcraft

Action Hobbies/Lazerworks will have the formed canopy for the Vic's Custom Models Taylorcraft. Didn't know if you were still in the process of working on this plane since it's an old post. I have the same kit, but, the windshield needed replaced.

Quick Reply