Jan 02, 2011, 02:14 AM
Shameless Warbirdaholic.
Thread OP
Discussion

FlyZone Cessna Corvalis

My apologies if I missed a preexisting thread but I just had to comment about this new plane. I bought it with some cash from Christmas. I really wanted the Great Planes Cirrus SR22 Turbo that Tower has but it was a bit more than I had to spend. So I bought the FlyZone Corvalis expecting a decent looking foamy that probably wouldn't fly well or I wouldn't care too badly if it exploded on impact.

When it arrived it went together with no problems at all. I loved the touches to it like the nav LED lighting, spring-activated front wheel but what really impressed me was the flight performance! It is such a fun little flyer! Tonight I flew at dusk with a spectacular sunset as the back drop and man oh man those LED lights was just too cool!

Anyhow, I just thought I would mention the pleasant surprise I thought it was for anyone looking for a fun, relatively inexpensive semi-scale foamy.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 05, 2011, 07:58 PM
Shameless Warbirdaholic.
Thread OP
Sooooo, is nobody enjoying this little guy or did I miss the thread on it somewhere?
Jan 06, 2011, 12:39 PM
It's not a cub or a mustang, and it's not a flat plate 3D plane, so nobody's interested.

Actually, I'm glad to hear of your positive experiences with it; it's nice to have some variety in scale offerings. If I could shake a few bucks loose, I'd give it a try myself. How are the slow speed manners?
Jan 06, 2011, 01:19 PM
Shameless Warbirdaholic.
Thread OP
Yeah I know how that goes. I love Cubs and Mustangs too.

Actually the slow speed manners are excellent. I've been trying to find its bad habits and it really doesn't have any. Flaps slow it down to a crawl, stall speed is virtually hovering, lol. Takes off easy on grass and pavement.
Jan 09, 2011, 07:46 PM
would you recommend this plane? Iv'e flown a parkzone corsair so i figure i could fly this. Also do u know if a spectrum 5 channel radio would work for this plane?

thanks ian145
Jan 09, 2011, 08:35 PM
Shameless Warbirdaholic.
Thread OP
Yes on both accounts. Very easy flyer and a lot of fun.
Jan 09, 2011, 08:55 PM
Cool! How acrobatic is it? I know its not made for tricks but can it do loops and rools?
Jan 09, 2011, 09:54 PM
Sorry i meant loops and rolls
Jan 09, 2011, 11:54 PM
Shameless Warbirdaholic.
Thread OP
Sure it can do loops and rolls. It's not considered an aerobatic plane though. It's more sport or scale flying.
Jan 09, 2011, 11:56 PM
cool. what type of motor does it have?
Jan 10, 2011, 03:48 PM
Shameless Warbirdaholic.
Thread OP
Try Tower Hobbies, they should have the spec sheet...It's a small stock motor but works perfect for the type of flying it's meant for.
Jan 10, 2011, 06:51 PM
Cool thanks for the help.
Jan 10, 2011, 08:34 PM
Shameless Warbirdaholic.
Thread OP
No problem...Here's the direct link:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXADFW&P=7
Jan 19, 2011, 12:18 AM
Slow Flyer
Nice thread, I have this one and it blew me away on its slow flight. Lights are super fun for dusk flying and handles beautifully. Found for me max throws at least on the elevator makes for a crisp landing with timing flare. The nose gear will take some abuse as already checked that out ! Do have a short clip on a smooth landing, as it comes in you can turn this puppies wing tips on end and still smooth things out, its spectacular fun so far !

Flew in the street few days back, as it passed me missgaged the path as it came way too close to low branches and a rural mailbox, did 180 degree the wing tips to avoid, lost little altitude and corrections came in at the last with a gentle landing. Plane is far betther than this pilot !

Personally believe this is likely Flyzones Best Entry !

Flyzone Low Wing Corvalis Deadstick Landing Full Flaps (0 min 14 sec)
Last edited by wnppmy; Jan 19, 2011 at 06:14 AM.
Jan 19, 2011, 02:52 PM
Shameless Warbirdaholic.
Thread OP
Thanks for the vid! Yeah it has to be FlyZone's finest offering yet.

Quick Reply