Thread Tools
Oct 01, 2012, 07:09 AM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
VooDoo Child's Avatar
BIG THANKS FOR ALL THE PROPS GUYS.....pun intended.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 01, 2012, 08:40 AM
Registered User
GonePostal's Avatar
CONGRADULATIONS DOUG.All the time ,effort and preparation you have been putting in is to me just amazing .Way COOOOOOL! Keep up the great work.
Oct 01, 2012, 05:34 PM
Heavy thinker..I mean tinkerer
TheBlood+'s Avatar
Got my Ice Lite 100 today....one more piece to the package, woo hoo!
Oct 01, 2012, 05:41 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
VooDoo Child's Avatar
Just got home trying the Pyro w/7X10 apc sucking on a 2700mah 65C 5S Thunder Power....and once again,the motor,and esc landed not even warm to the touch Lipo had a bit of heat,but nothing like direct drive,or geared folder....This just might end up being alot more fun then i thought
Swist F5D Outrunner 5S (1 min 56 sec)
Oct 01, 2012, 06:22 PM
Carboweave, Ask For It By Name
Chuchuf's Avatar
I like the sound of the outrunner so much better than the geared and direct inrunner setups.
Nice going VooDoo

Terry
Oct 01, 2012, 08:45 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
VooDoo Child's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuchuf
I like the sound of the outrunner so much better than the geared and direct inrunner setups.
Nice going VooDoo

Terry
I need to get a better vid,the weather and sky were very tricky But if you watch that pass at 40 seconds into the video,between the speed,the sound,and the fact that i knew all parts were COOL and loving life,IT TOOK MY DAMN BREATH AWAY,in a manly way
Oct 01, 2012, 09:22 PM
Carboweave, Ask For It By Name
Chuchuf's Avatar
Yea it's nice not having to worry about temps. Just awesome.
I knew months ago that an outrunner was really the right way to do this on my XPlane but chickened out.
Moving ahead on that now.

Terry
Oct 01, 2012, 09:30 PM
2012 NZ Speedcup - 231 MPH
DownUnderPilot's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child
I need to get a better vid,the weather and sky were very tricky But if you watch that pass at 40 seconds into the video,between the speed,the sound,and the fact that i knew all parts were COOL and loving life,IT TOOK MY DAMN BREATH AWAY,in a manly way
Yeah, it's getting quite quick, eh!
Oct 02, 2012, 12:42 AM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
henke's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child
Just got home trying the Pyro w/7X10 apc sucking on a 2700mah 65C 5S Thunder Power....and once again,the motor,and esc landed not even warm to the touch Lipo had a bit of heat,but nothing like direct drive,or geared folder....This just might end up being alot more fun then i thought http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IFi7...1&feature=plcp
Good going. I'm enjoying your progress!
Oct 02, 2012, 01:49 AM
What is Highspeed ?
Rolf D.'s Avatar

I know why I use Outrunners, and why I tell all time use an Outrunner and than have real fun.

looks and sounds good your swist, thinking about it as a winter project,
swist - or x-plane with a "little Motor" from my favorite MotorManufacturer and a "bit" power
Oct 02, 2012, 06:23 AM
"RC ADDICT" in Toronto!
wollins's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child
I need to get a better vid,the weather and sky were very tricky But if you watch that pass at 40 seconds into the video,between the speed,the sound,and the fact that i knew all parts were COOL and loving life,IT TOOK MY DAMN BREATH AWAY,in a manly way
So Doug, now that you've got your first flights in with this motor, is it time yet to let the "secret" out of the bag in terms of which Kora it is?

Colin
Oct 02, 2012, 06:38 AM
Registered User
Peter M's Avatar
It's not a Kora but a Minipyro: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...5&postcount=43

They only make one wind so it makes it easy for us!: http://www.kontronik.com/index.php?o...mid=84&lang=en
Oct 02, 2012, 06:46 AM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
VooDoo Child's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wollins
So Doug, now that you've got your first flights in with this motor, is it time yet to let the "secret" out of the bag in terms of which Kora it is?

Colin
I posted with the video what it was,Kontronic MINI-PYRO 20-08
Oct 02, 2012, 06:47 AM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
VooDoo Child's Avatar
Seems Peter and I are in sink from over 4 thousand miles away
Oct 02, 2012, 06:59 AM
Registered User
Peter M's Avatar
LOL!

I'm not sure if that's good or bad!

(But it is fun!)