Swist - Page 74 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Sep 20, 2012, 07:30 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
VooDoo Child's Avatar
Sorry,prop in the pic is Marcus Koch 7X13,but as of now,i can not use them,well-maybe on 4S.........But my 7X8 and 7X10's should be here any day....I HOPE.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 20, 2012, 07:32 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
VooDoo Child's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumblety-peg
I finally had some time this past weekend to get in a few flights. So far, its great. Landing are hot. But not impossible. I still need to tweak the CG. It climbs a bit. But all in all... very very nice.

The motor is not the best choice. KV is too high. Even with a 4.5x4.1 its coming down way hot. And its waaayy too loud. I think a couple of guys just about fell off their seats when I launched. I'm seriously considering a geared folder set up.
BIG CONGRATS ! Now i think we need some pics or vid of the finished product....This place needs more Swist Perv
Sep 21, 2012, 03:09 AM
Registered User
mumblety-peg's Avatar
Makes sense. I'll let you know when I change out the motor.Time to do some reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcteryxxx
No problem It's just that when a Dude discoveres a bad setup (e.g. excessive heat) it would be helpful to write up the components so other Dudes can learn from it. It's in this way the threads can be a common pool of knowledge for anyone to benefit from. (and for some non contributing, shady creatures to feast on too)
Sep 21, 2012, 07:02 AM
Carboweave, Ask For It By Name
Chuchuf's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child
It is a XXXXXXXX XXXX-XXRO running on 7X10 Sorry,that is all i can say now ....But i will let you take a look at the insides,she is nice lookin.
Very nice heavy wire indeed. Thats impressive.
To bad it isn't an 8 Pole motor.

Terry
Sep 21, 2012, 09:22 AM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
VooDoo Child's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuchuf
Very nice heavy wire indeed. Thats impressive.
To bad it isn't an 8 Pole motor.

Terry
Preach on Brutha,then maybe I could find an ESC that could handle it without taking out a second mortgage on my house
Sep 21, 2012, 10:24 AM
extraordinary magnitude
Kwahn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuchuf
Very nice heavy wire indeed. Thats impressive.
To bad it isn't an 8 Pole motor.

Terry
The Kontronik Kora I fly has 14 poles and it works beautifully at around 20.000 rpm so far and I`m planning to up that. 8 poles is good for a 3000kv motor!
Sep 21, 2012, 12:52 PM
Why the dirt on the wings?
moparmyway's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child
Preach on Brutha,then maybe I could find an ESC that could handle it without taking out a second mortgage on my house
Why not modify an existing ESC that performs rather well ?
Sep 21, 2012, 02:36 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
VooDoo Child's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparmyway
Why not modify an existing ESC that performs rather well ?
I thought I was doing that by sending my CC125 out to be modded,problem is that it has the OLD fets and was recommended not to attempt 6S....still waiting to hear back if it even has the switching rate capability. On an up note,The very cool Peter M has offered up a working Himodel Ice 150 to me.Now I just need to find out what ESC settings this motor needs....
Last edited by VooDoo Child; Sep 21, 2012 at 02:44 PM.
Sep 21, 2012, 04:48 PM
Carboweave, Ask For It By Name
Chuchuf's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwahn
The Kontronik Kora I fly has 14 poles and it works beautifully at around 20.000 rpm so far and I`m planning to up that. 8 poles is good for a 3000kv motor!
I'm sure your motor runs fine.
I just prefer 8 poles and have run the well in the 20K rpm area just fine at 1250kv.

Terry
Sep 21, 2012, 04:50 PM
Registered User
Mreyello's Avatar
Doug,
Your motor has 10 Poles ,at 6S i would expect rpm higher than 26000.
I run an sunrise Ice at a 10 pole Strecker with about a little higher rpm without any issues.
The controller can handle a 6pole outrunner at even more than 65000.

My setting for the strecker:
Timing 18 or 24
Brake middle
Cut off accu: off
Freewheel : off
Startup speed: middle
PWM 10kHz

If you get syncronisation problems increase timing,the ice is able to manage higher switching rates at higher timings.
Dont use the BEC!

Yello
Sep 21, 2012, 06:05 PM
Registered User
Peter M's Avatar
Thanks Yello, I'll set VC's up that way this morning.
Sep 21, 2012, 06:10 PM
extraordinary magnitude
Kwahn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuchuf
I'm sure your motor runs fine.
I just prefer 8 poles and have run the well in the 20K rpm area just fine at 1250kv.

Terry
Nothing against the number 8, it's a lucky number in China!
Sep 21, 2012, 06:33 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
VooDoo Child's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mreyello
Doug,
Your motor has 10 Poles ,at 6S i would expect rpm higher than 26000.
I run an sunrise Ice at a 10 pole Strecker with about a little higher rpm without any issues.
The controller can handle a 6pole outrunner at even more than 65000.

My setting for the strecker:
Timing 18 or 24
Brake middle
Cut off accu: off
Freewheel : off
Startup speed: middle
PWM 10kHz

If you get syncronisation problems increase timing,the ice is able to manage higher switching rates at higher timings.
Dont use the BEC!

Yello
As always,BIG THANKS Yello....I just checked Kontronic,and they say 32 khz is optimal,is this a heli setting ? what is your take on this ? and i have a CC bec with 2 cell lipo for rx Doug
Sep 21, 2012, 06:34 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
VooDoo Child's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter M
Thanks Yello, I'll set VC's up that way this morning.
You my friend are a Mac Daddy,Big Thanks.
Sep 24, 2012, 08:25 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
VooDoo Child's Avatar
ESC is on it's way from Aussie Town,and my DUP Folders came in from Aussie Town.....anybody else picking up what i am dropping about the Aussie Guys ? .....I got a chance to machine down the spinner for a nice fit,and have the mount almost there...Ahhhhhh,what fun.Oh,also had a boat load of APC 7X10 and 7X8 come in......PS,Big Thanks to DUP for the Custom Labeled Folders,i mean really,how cool


Thread Tools