Thread Tools
Old Sep 05, 2012, 09:59 PM
VooDoo Child is offline
Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
VooDoo Child's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlood+ View Post
Cool, what size of bullets do you use on the batt connection?
4mm,i have used them up to 140 amps with no problems.....yet.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2012, 09:01 AM
War Machine is offline
Find More Posts by War Machine
Registered User
Im about to place my order for a Swist.
I plan on using Hyperion DS095 FMD Digital Wing Servos and HS85MG for elevator.
Are there better options in the same price range ?
Old Sep 06, 2012, 09:10 AM
henke is offline
Find More Posts by henke
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
henke's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child View Post
4mm,i have used them up to 140 amps with no problems.....yet.
I had them in a 160A EDF setup and they melted the solder, so I guess the limit is about there. Burst is no problem I think, but with BEC I would't try it :-P
Old Sep 06, 2012, 11:14 AM
sebbe is offline
Find More Posts by sebbe
"The Judge"
sebbe's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Machine View Post
and HS85MG for elevator.


Man, get rid of that servo on elavator.... to much sloop, will be dangerous when doing lowpasses, flying like wave up/down up/down

Any servo without sloop will be good..
Old Sep 06, 2012, 11:18 AM
VooDoo Child is offline
Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
VooDoo Child's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Machine View Post
Im about to place my order for a Swist.
I plan on using Hyperion DS095 FMD Digital Wing Servos and HS85MG for elevator.
Are there better options in the same price range ?
I am using Dymond D60 for ails,and Hitec hs65 for elev....perfect for this plane.I have Hyperion metals on my X-plane flaps,and do not like them at all.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 11:29 AM
Rolf D. is offline
Find More Posts by Rolf D.
What is Highspeed ?
Rolf D.'s Avatar
I use only Graupner DES 428 BB MG in smaller planes with not a lot of space in the wings or for elevator.
Digital Servo - Metal Gear - double bearings and no sloop
Old Sep 06, 2012, 05:58 PM
patmac1 is online now
Find More Posts by patmac1
Registered User

Swist


SUSA shipped out my swist today, if anyone is on the waiting list-(ordered 3 weeks ago)
Anyone using flaps? How much throw do you think I should start with? I read on another f5d blog 10mm max-
Old Sep 06, 2012, 06:40 PM
VooDoo Child is offline
Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
VooDoo Child's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by patmac1 View Post
SUSA shipped out my swist today, if anyone is on the waiting list-(ordered 3 weeks ago)
Anyone using flaps? How much throw do you think I should start with? I read on another f5d blog 10mm max-
Congrats ! Now i can not speak for the Swist,but my X-Plane has 10mm down flaps with around 1 1/2 to 2mm down elevator and works amazing....Only advice i can give you,is hit the flaps the first couple times at least 50 or so feet up in the air at landing speed.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 07:01 PM
patmac1 is online now
Find More Posts by patmac1
Registered User
Thanks yet again VooDoo- I'm stoked to get it going- your input has been extremely valuable... First few will be trim flights of course: going to be tough to hold back! FedEx can't get here quick enough. Where, btw did u get those covers for your antennas on top of your fuse?
Old Sep 06, 2012, 07:13 PM
VooDoo Child is offline
Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
VooDoo Child's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by patmac1 View Post
Thanks yet again VooDoo- I'm stoked to get it going- your input has been extremely valuable... First few will be trim flights of course: going to be tough to hold back! FedEx can't get here quick enough. Where, btw did u get those covers for your antennas on top of your fuse?
As far as trim flight goes,there will be none (or VERY LITTLE),providing you get the cg close,I kid you not,it will just launch and fly perfect......It is a VERY EASY plane to fly at any speed.Main thing to focus on is the landing first couple flights rip around for half the pack,rest of the pack,use on aproach passes.The antenna guides were purchased from my LHS,Graves Hobby in Orlando....much nicer then the Spektrum guides.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 07:20 PM
patmac1 is online now
Find More Posts by patmac1
Registered User
I get down to Florida on average 2 or three times a month ( I'm a pilot)
I'll look them up, I try to buy from shops as much as possible- tough for the local guy to compete with the large online stores....
Old Sep 06, 2012, 07:43 PM
VooDoo Child is offline
Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
VooDoo Child's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by patmac1 View Post
I get down to Florida on average 2 or three times a month ( I'm a pilot)
I'll look them up, I try to buy from shops as much as possible- tough for the local guy to compete with the large online stores....
Graves has a seperate department for online purchases,they will ship them to you....if not,feel free to PM me,and i will pick up a pair,and ship them up to you,it would be no problem.Graves is a long way from OIA McCoy Int.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 08:52 PM
TheBlood+ is offline
Find More Posts by TheBlood+
Heavy thinker..I mean tinkerer
TheBlood+'s Avatar
Yep mines on it way too, pretty excited about it. This batch has flaps, I havn't used flaps in the past, just spoilerons, it'll be fun to play with the flaps though.
I have 4 NiB HS125 thin wing servos, any thoughts on these for the Swist's wing?
Old Sep 07, 2012, 02:55 AM
War Machine is offline
Find More Posts by War Machine
Registered User
Ive also ordered a flapped version - I cant' see a down side to flaps except for needing an extra two servos.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 03:08 AM
Flyextreme is offline
Find More Posts by Flyextreme
Sure it'll work
Flyextreme's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlood+ View Post
Yep mines on it way too, pretty excited about it. This batch has flaps, I havn't used flaps in the past, just spoilerons, it'll be fun to play with the flaps though.
I have 4 NiB HS125 thin wing servos, any thoughts on these for the Swist's wing?
I don't have a Swist, but I'll bet that they are way too big. And my experience with the HS125s is that they develope slop fairly fast. Some people like them......


Thread Tools