May 11, 2012, 06:44 PM
Micro-Turbine Superhero
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
What kind of idiot would do that??
Maybe this one?? well I don't know...

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/3...9386884505.jpg
Last edited by henke; May 13, 2012 at 12:56 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 11, 2012, 08:42 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
Holy Village People Batman
May 12, 2012, 03:50 AM
Micro-Turbine Superhero
Yet another windy and rainy day... no Swist flying over here today
May 12, 2012, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
What kind of idiot would do that??
Sombody with some deeply rooted issues.....or a major drug problem How the heck has this not been posted on this thread
Swist F5D with Lambert Kolibri 460kmh / 286mph (0 min 32 sec)
May 12, 2012, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by henke View Post
Yet another windy and rainy day... no Swist flying over here today
I just came home from flying the Swist in 16 to 19mph gusty cross wind right from my back,man do i hate doing that with planes i like ......but the Swist had no problems,just had to land her long....Rain would sure be a game changer...Henke,sure you can not fasion an Umbrella to your Swist that can handle sub 300mph speeds
May 12, 2012, 11:01 AM
You down with EPP?
I'm going to go out on a limb and bet you have broken every rule of the "Warbird Association"
May 12, 2012, 12:18 PM
You must die! I alone am best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child View Post
How the heck has this not been posted on this thread?
Because everybody over there is here anyway!

Andy
May 13, 2012, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt soap View Post
Voodo, that looked about 160-170. Am I close?
I went out today with 5 APC props in hand to find the one that will work the best for when i go out by myself and want a nice easy launch and not max speed,and to find the one that would give me the fastest mph on 4 cell.Soooooo,after a few flights of playing the prop game I found that my Mega on 4 cell likes the APC 5.5X4.5 for just very easy launches,and doing more pylon aerobatic flying and will get in the mid 160,s down wind (all runs were made down wind,yes i know,no need to say it ) For speed runs the APC 4.74X5.5 gave me constant passes of 177mph down wind flying the same way i was in my videos.....I am VERY Happy with that on 4 cell...now i have not checked any data from the ESC,but after all flights,these props are for sure on the safe side and not pushing the system,cause in the 85deg temps and pritty high humidity,everything came down no more then warm.This is exactly what is was looking for in the plane....Thanks a bunch Jackosmeister for hooking me up with the motor i was looking for,and NAILING it right on the button....Smart dude that Chris is.
May 13, 2012, 01:07 PM
Yes..ok..maybe..lol.....
Doug..the Mega 16/35/1.5 RE(I think that is what you are using?) what is the kv.?. Yes...looks like you found the right answer.
May 13, 2012, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shhhhh! View Post
Doug..the Mega 16/35/1.5 RE(I think that is what you are using?) what is the kv.?. Yes...looks like you found the right answer.
I can only go by what Jackosmeister figured as far as KV (i have sent mega an E-Mail trying to get the info,seeing how it is not a listed motor,but no reply yet) Jacko says it should be right around 2550KV...and yes,it is 16-35-1.5RE.
May 13, 2012, 02:28 PM
Yes..ok..maybe..lol.....
Yes...................I had the exact same motor in a Cyclone on 4s using an APC 4.75 x4.75. Seemed like it wasn't being pushed too hard. Recently sold the plane with the power system.
I believe the E version is a custom wind which reduces the kv by about 6% which corresponds to a kv of 2550.
Here are the specs for the 16/35/1.5R :
http://www.effluxrc.com/MEGA-16-35-15-R-MM16-35-15R.htm
May 13, 2012, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shhhhh! View Post
Yes...................I had the exact same motor in a Cyclone on 4s using an APC 4.75 x4.75. Seemed like it wasn't being pushed too hard. Recently sold the plane with the power system.
I believe the E version is a custom wind which reduces the kv by about 6% which corresponds to a kv of 2550.
Here are the specs for the 16/35/1.5R :
http://www.effluxrc.com/MEGA-16-35-15-R-MM16-35-15R.htm
I did a couple flights with a 6X5.5...and IT WAS FAST,and sounded great....but it was on days that were in the low 90's with high humidity,and the motor came down a bit hot for my liking,but the ESC and lipo were not bad at all (guessing it would work great in the winter with this prop with thin cool air)....But seeing how fast it was with the 4.75X5.5 at every pass being between 177.2 and 177.6....the 6X5.5 was into the 180mph range for sure......Seems that this motor enjoys being pushed.I am going to sit down tonight and play with the 5cell setup after i cut my lawn and have a cold frosty adult beverage
May 13, 2012, 04:50 PM
I tried to get my hands on a Graupner spinner (seeing how there props do not fit the MPJet spinner at all) and some Graupner 5.2X5.2 speed props.....But i can not find one place that has both......One store has the props at 7 bucks each with $11 shipping.....and another has the spinner at $20 plus $11 shipping....Not trying to be cheap.but i am not going to pay $50 for 2 props,and another spinner to add to the many i already have......Why is the cool Euro stuff such a pain to get in the states .....and nothing for nothing,but some of these APC props are just JUNK.....I spent an hour at the LHS trying to pick the ones that looked like they were drilled straight....but still,i got a few that i just tossed in the garbage seeing how the center was just drilled wrong....COME ON APC,HOW ABOUT A LITTLE QC
May 13, 2012, 04:59 PM
Stable genius
The drilled hole in apc props is just for decoration. The molded hole on the back is what you use, and it's always straight.
May 13, 2012, 06:05 PM
Yes..ok..maybe..lol.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa View Post
The drilled hole in apc props is just for decoration. The molded hole on the back is what you use, and it's always straight.
Yes.....................+1................also they are very expensive..but well worth it.. the tru-turn spinners..

Quick Reply