Thread Tools
Old Nov 17, 2011, 10:14 AM
bv2009 is offline
Find More Posts by bv2009
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by c54fun View Post
There is not a lot of info on the Swist.
Dont have any pictures when I built mine. Here is what I have in mine.

Neu 1115 1y
Ice lite 100
Hyperion DS09's
Thunder power 5s 1800 mAh 65c pack.
Apc 4.74x4.75 and also run a 5x5 sometimes. 4.75 works real nice.
1733 watts
105 amps with the 5x5 prop.

I am using a carbon rod for the elevator. Works awesome. The rest is pretty simple. Also using heli ball links on the Ailerons. Zero flutter...

If using the ice lite you can flip up the two capacitors and this will give you a little extra room for the battery.

I think there may just be enough room for a 6s 1800 pack? Was looking at it tonight but it flys great now so I will leave it.

Also using a 250 mAh Life battery that sits under my receiver. This realy works great. It only uses less than 30 mAh per flight. No switch,no regulator.

I dont have anything to comapre it to..

Terry,
Hello ,
Any chance you could post some pics ?
I will start on my Jibe 2 in a couple of days and can use all the info as this is new terrain for me .
What Castle ( lite or not ) ?
Where and what Life 250 Mah did you get ?
Links U used on controls ?
I plan to use initially 4S batt and later on 5S ( Maybe if I ain't scared ... )
What Neu Motor ?
1Y , 2D or 2.5D ?
Thanks for the info .
Bruno .
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2011, 10:22 AM
henke is offline
Find More Posts by henke
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
henke's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bv2009 View Post
What Neu Motor ?
1Y , 2D or 2.5D ?
Thanks for the info .
Bruno .
You should really look at something else then a Neu. There are alot of motors around where the manufacturer has good QC and not the least some dignity. Mega 16/40/1 for example. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1497537
Old Nov 17, 2011, 10:34 AM
decones is offline
Find More Posts by decones
making my own planes...
decones's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by henke View Post
External BEC is way better, and you can always discuss if taping of the main battery is better then an external 2S that you might forget to recharge...
That's exactly the point
Old Nov 17, 2011, 11:42 AM
bv2009 is offline
Find More Posts by bv2009
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by henke View Post
You should really look at something else then a Neu. There are alot of motors around where the manufacturer has good QC and not the least some dignity. Mega 16/40/1 for example. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1497537
Hello Henke ,
The first motor going in will be a Mega Green F5D
We will see how it goes !
Bruno .
Old Nov 17, 2011, 12:05 PM
decones is offline
Find More Posts by decones
making my own planes...
decones's Avatar
I'm using a 16/35/1.5R 2700KV on 5S in my Viper, motor get's pretty hot after flying,
amps around 100amps and in bursts, some cooling but not too much.
Performance in air is awsome, will try graupner 5.2x5.2 and TP batteries

Andre
Old Nov 17, 2011, 09:25 PM
c54fun is offline
Find More Posts by c54fun
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by bv2009 View Post
Hello ,
Any chance you could post some pics ?
I will start on my Jibe 2 in a couple of days and can use all the info as this is new terrain for me .
What Castle ( lite or not ) ?
Where and what Life 250 Mah did you get ?
Links U used on controls ?
I plan to use initially 4S batt and later on 5S ( Maybe if I ain't scared ... )
What Neu Motor ?
1Y , 2D or 2.5D ?
Thanks for the info .
Bruno .
Here is the battery.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXYXA6&P=0
It is a 1y motor.
Ice lite 100 with caps turned up.
Links are some heli links I had laying around.
Tried to get a picture of the elevator carbon rod but could not really get it.
EC5 conectors.


Terry,

Here are a few pictures. The links are a little over kill.





Last edited by c54fun; Nov 17, 2011 at 10:25 PM.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 10:55 AM
bv2009 is offline
Find More Posts by bv2009
Registered User
Hello Sir,
Thanks for the info and pics .
I 'll do the same on my Jibe.
Will try to post some pictures of it .
In the meantime " go fast and turn left "
Bruno .
Old Nov 19, 2011, 12:09 PM
bv2009 is offline
Find More Posts by bv2009
Registered User
My Jibe 2
Fresh out of the mold ...
Bruno
Old Nov 19, 2011, 12:28 PM
Flyextreme is offline
Find More Posts by Flyextreme
Sure it'll work
Flyextreme's Avatar
Nice!! I really like the color/pattern. What's the bottom look like?

Bill
Old Nov 19, 2011, 12:38 PM
bv2009 is offline
Find More Posts by bv2009
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyextreme View Post
Nice!! I really like the color/pattern. What's the bottom look like?

Bill
Hello thanks ,
Well it isn't how I wanted it to be especially the Jibe 2 logo , but I like it also
Bruno .
Old Nov 19, 2011, 03:06 PM
Flyextreme is offline
Find More Posts by Flyextreme
Sure it'll work
Flyextreme's Avatar
Even nicer! I didn't even notice the spread tow carbon in the first pic.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 05:00 PM
decones is offline
Find More Posts by decones
making my own planes...
decones's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bv2009 View Post
Hello thanks ,
Well it isn't how I wanted it to be especially the Jibe 2 logo , but I like it also
Bruno .
sweet!!!
Old Nov 19, 2011, 05:16 PM
c54fun is offline
Find More Posts by c54fun
Registered User
Very nice.. Looks fast just sitting there..
Old Dec 01, 2011, 11:20 PM
c54fun is offline
Find More Posts by c54fun
Registered User
I was able to fit a 6s in the Swist today. They fit tight but not to tight.
Not sure what prop to use. I am running a Neu 1115 1y. Probably a 4.1x4.1? Not sure will have to try a couple of props out.

Props I have are.
4.75x4.75
4.5x4.1
4.1x4.1

To bad the weather is crap here now.

Terry,

Old Dec 02, 2011, 01:18 AM
henke is offline
Find More Posts by henke
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
henke's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by c54fun View Post
I was able to fit a 6s in the Swist today. They fit tight but not to tight.
Not sure what prop to use. I am running a Neu 1115 1y. Probably a 4.1x4.1? Not sure will have to try a couple of props out.

Props I have are.
4.75x4.75
4.5x4.1
4.1x4.1

To bad the weather is crap here now.

Terry,

You are brave flying a Neu

Which size and brand of battery did you fit? 6S should make i howl


Thread Tools