Looks great, love that orange colour.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 26, 2013, 11:09 PM
SB7
SB7
I am actually really slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzu
Nice! Its together x3 2mm carbon rod pins in the tail,all filleted,nose docked,ready for servos.A couple of hs 65s and a 82mg.Wantted a bit mre touqe on elev and i hear that hs85's hunt arnd a little bit so i'll try a 82mg...any1 know if it has any flaws..? cheers...
Why such a large servo? Another 65 on the back will be more then adequate. Remember it's only a tiny surface and it's not moving very far
Jan 26, 2013, 11:59 PM
The Prop is Where its At!
I always thought you needed a bit mre strenght on elev because theres mre pressure on it than the alierons when youre using it hard.....? I know voodoo was running 65's al rnd..

Another choice is x2 ds09 scd's and a ds09 amg on elev...not much locally thou...
Jan 27, 2013, 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlood+
Looks great, love that orange colour.
Cher cher...yip it will give gd visablity on all colour skies...the neon pink or bright yellow look fat too!
Jan 27, 2013, 12:15 AM
DroneWorlds - TEAM NEW ZEALAND
Dont go MG on anything but flaps, theres no need, just asking for slop with nothing to gain
Jan 27, 2013, 12:27 AM
Yip cool J I know a 65 will be swt,but a 82hb feels safer on elev....whats yours and any1 elses opinions on this...cheers
Jan 27, 2013, 02:47 AM
SB7
SB7
I am actually really slow
Well I've always run a jr 285 on the elev and it has almost half the torque of the hs65 and I've never had any elevator control issues..
Jan 27, 2013, 03:46 AM
Yip swt as.They'll either be-x3 65hb's or x3 ds09's..
Havnt used the 09's before...didgi and dual ball bearing snd gd,also quite abit thinner than the hitecs..

Will also depend on availabilty/price ...
Jan 27, 2013, 05:29 AM
200mph +
DS09's (scd and amd) are awesome. Was a month or so when some had a problem a while ago but ignoring that they have been great. I've got them in pretty much everything from the X to the Wasp and everything in the middle.

Anything that wants something bigger (my big edfs etc) the DS13's are the next step.
Jan 27, 2013, 10:50 AM
extraordinary magnitude
Even D47s work on F5d elevators as long as the linkages are done right.
Jan 27, 2013, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwahn
Even D47s work on F5d elevators as long as the linkages are done right.
Depends what you want from your servo.

I found out on Saturday that even AMD 09 are not enough to hold the ailerons when you add 1mm reflex. I had flutter on my Avionik set up with ball links (absolutely no play) coming out of an extreme dive prob 200mph.
Jan 27, 2013, 12:43 PM
Kwahn was talking about eleveator.
Yes i can confirm, all my T-tailed Flippers work fine with D47 at elevator.
I know some to use the D47 at aileron at 200mph,but i never saw a real F5d racer with ball-linkage.

Its not the servo that creates flutter....

Yello
Jan 27, 2013, 03:18 PM
"The Judge"
same amd 09 servos did ok at +300mph in Henkes Swist. and he also had ballinks, I guess its not the ballinks either must be somethong else as one get 300mph and no flutter and other get flutter on 200mph..

but wait a minute, isnt like all f5d today able to go 200mph on a normal setup,,, havent heard of to many flutter issues.....
Jan 27, 2013, 03:30 PM
I only get the flutter when i introduce 1mm of reflex, without the reflex their is no probs.
Just sharing info.
Jan 27, 2013, 03:38 PM
Excellent,cheers for al the gd info people...one other question-u know how the hitec 85mg hunts arnd abit with centering...does the 85bb have the same quirks?