This thread is privately moderated by AtTheCross, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 30, 2010, 09:45 PM
Jesus Freak
Thread OP
Alert

Static and Spektrum Brownouts

Just bought these mats from Harbor Freight, sorry they don't have a picture of it, will post one later.

Laid them out in front of where I work on my heli's, went for a test flight and brown out, did some checking of the heli, and battery, etc, etc nothing, still getting brown outs.

Went to shut off my battery charger, and I got a little zap, this never happened before, so I took out my static meter (yes, I have a static meter, I'm in electronics) and I was getting about 3,000 volts of static off the mats!!!

Now all the brownouts happened after installation of the mats, I had a great afternoon of flying (pre-mat installation) no issues (never had this issue). Thought I'd do some nite flying (post-mat installation) and that's when the brown outs started

Will post pictures of the mat and of the meter readings tomorrow

Just a heads up

pictures added all readings take on the same mat and at the same distance
Last edited by AtTheCross; Dec 31, 2010 at 06:32 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply