Oct 11, 2012, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by imack
Just got off the phone with Air Canada, and yes we can use our tickets for credit on our next flight, provided it's taken within 1 year.
That's great news!

Quote:
Regarding a re-schedule, I think we need to check with the sailplane chairman / MAAC to see if there are any rules regarding the timing of the trials relative to the worlds. I believe some countries hold their trials only weeks, not months before the worlds, but I'm not sure whether MAAC will allow this.
Good point. I know we've held F3J Trials quite 'late' because of MAAC's rules about the lead-time required for a Team Selection event. Will you contact Simon or shall I?

Quote:
How's the weather in early May in Vancouver?
It _can_ be very nice - we usually host our NWSS Spring Tune Up in late April/early May and we have had beautiful weather
to remove ads between posts
Oct 11, 2012, 12:31 PM
Win=span\massXpractice+lu ck
Quote:
Originally Posted by raturne
That's great news!

Good point. I know we've held F3J Trials quite 'late' because of MAAC's rules about the lead-time required for a Team Selection event. Will you contact Simon or shall I?

It _can_ be very nice - we usually host our NWSS Spring Tune Up in late April/early May and we have had beautiful weather
or snow...in may...June rocks though...
Oct 11, 2012, 02:18 PM

DLG contest

So no contest on this weekend?
Oct 11, 2012, 02:59 PM
just one more launch...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lev11081955
So no contest on this weekend?
The team trial contest has been cancelled for this weekend.
Oct 11, 2012, 06:07 PM
Ivan MacKenzie
Quote:
Originally Posted by raturne
... Will you contact Simon or shall I?
If you could take care of this, it would be appreciated.

Ivan MacKenzie.
Oct 11, 2012, 06:18 PM
Certifiable User
Bummer. Oh well Eagle Butte looks sunny with lots of wind. I geuss I will head East instead of North.

Dave - Thanks for the offer of a place to crash.

Lev and Micheal and all others- was looking forward to flying with you guys and playing some glider games.

Lee
Oct 11, 2012, 07:30 PM
Offer is still open for the next TS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercando
Bummer. Oh well Eagle Butte looks sunny with lots of wind. I geuss I will head East instead of North.

Dave - Thanks for the offer of a place to crash.

Lev and Micheal and all others- was looking forward to flying with you guys and playing some glider games.

Lee
Oct 11, 2012, 07:40 PM

Selling an ELF DLG

Hi

I bought an ELF to see if my body would handle the launching. Unfortunately, this is not going to work. I am going to go for a 2m electric glider instead. If you are interested in the ELF give me a call. I have been flying it for about 3 weeks. It is amazing what it will do in the air I have had it in. No damage at all, it is pretty strong. It has the d 47's and Smart lipo. I have a 6255 but will keep that. $300. 604-222-8535 John
Last edited by John63; Oct 11, 2012 at 07:41 PM. Reason: grammar change
Oct 11, 2012, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John63
Hi

I bought an ELF to see if my body would handle the launching. Unfortunately, this is not going to work. I am going to go for a 2m electric glider instead. If you are interested in the ELF give me a call. I have been flying it for about 3 weeks. It is amazing what it will do in the air I have had it in. No damage at all, it is pretty strong. It has the d 47's and Smart lipo. I have a 6255 but will keep that. $300. 604-222-8535 John
I am considering the same scenario but Im looking for a full size DLG maybe an older blaster or something sturdy. I feel like my shoulder is 97% I managed ot get in 12 sets of bench press and 9 sets of flies and the only pain I get now is when I sleep on my shoulder. I think I am ready to lean into a DLG...
Oct 11, 2012, 10:37 PM
Quote:
If you could take care of this, it would be appreciated.
Done. I'll post the results of my query here...
Oct 12, 2012, 01:58 AM
Wish I had some-thing profound to say. Been looking forwards to this weekend fly off for some time.
Get you next year.
Oct 12, 2012, 02:41 AM
Certifiable User
SASS has a contest scheduled for October 20 . All are welcome. Here is the thread https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...571672&page=26
Oct 14, 2012, 11:34 AM
Some %$#&#! beat me to a steal on a stobel by 13 minutes! so close!

OK so, im out of touch on DLG models of late and I see guys in this tread talking about Neo's and other related models. I frankly dont know which ones are worth considering and I think ill get two different types - one for wind and practise throwing and a lite unit for no wind contest days...

I need them to be super tough for monster throws. My arm and shoulder feel pretty stout now and at 80-90% last season I got 180+ feet launches on my stobel with harder throws...I was concerned thatt he stobel might not survive for long...

I inflicted some damage on a members predator - I "felt" like the throw was flat and in good form but it was quite hard...I dont want to repeat that.

What would you guys reccomend ?
Oct 14, 2012, 02:13 PM
Webbsolution,

Where are you located? I have a Blaster B3 spreadtow wing that I'm asking $475 for. All servos, battery, ready to fly. Flies nice. Had a mid air, so there is a LE repair , little ugly, but I didn't paint it so that the buyer could see the repair. Repair is smooth and airfoil isn't damaged. These things are $750 delivered, plus servos.

I'm in Olympia until first week in Novemeber. PM me if interested.

Gary
Oct 14, 2012, 02:21 PM
I like the Stoble V3 and the Blaster 3 ST. The Concept Xtreme 2 flies nice also but I have not flowen one.
I am a little prejudice though because I just finished a new Stoble and since the rain started, I started on a new Blaster.