This thread is privately moderated by stealthy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 23, 2003, 11:28 PM
Trader Rating: 137
ultramega super star
Thread OP

12v 23amp power supplies $14.99 each on EBAY

Hi, If you ever needed a 12v supply for your charger, this is a pretty good deal on ebay

The supplies are 12v, 23amp

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3035733368
to remove ads between posts
Jul 24, 2003, 07:43 AM
Trader Rating: 0
Thanks for the link stealthy!

I almost bid on one of these but then noticed their shipping charge and decided to pass...

Quote:
Shipping, packaging, handling, and insurance via UPS Ground for this item is $19.95 for anywhere within the Continental United States.
$20 for ground shipping!!! OUCH!
Jul 24, 2003, 07:58 AM
Trader Rating: 2

Thanks for the Tip!!

In addition to flying electric models, I'm also a ham radio operator. We "hams" frequently have need for high current 12vdc power sources (just about all modern HF radios require them). I can assure you that, even WITH the $20 s&h charge, this is still one helluva deal.
Regards...Fred
Jul 24, 2003, 08:09 AM
Trader Rating: 1
Go Leafs Go!
The output on that unit is 12V. Don't R/Cers want 13.8V to power their chargers?
Jul 24, 2003, 09:05 AM
Trader Rating: 17
In regards to shipping, I find more and more on Ebay sellers jacking up their shipping prices to make a profit on the shipping. I know online retail stores, especially when they have a set shipping rate, might make a profit on a light item sent, but that might offset money lost on a large/heavy item sent.

I've recently been looking at cameras on Ebay and found that many are asking 19.95 shipping, and that's for a 4 ounce camera.

As a person that usually loses money on shipping when selling on Ebay the gouging really erks me.

But, the PS on Ebay is still probably a good deal, even with the high shipping.....as long as you don't need 13.8 volts.
Sometimes these PS's have an adjustable pot to fine tune the voltage, and you might be able to adjust up to 13.8 volts.
You might have to remove the cover to get at it though.
Last edited by Danny Troy; Jul 24, 2003 at 09:08 AM.
Jul 24, 2003, 09:12 AM
Trader Rating: 204
Gravity is a harsh mistress.
No pic of the outputs. Looks like a hot-swappable unit with properitariy (sp) output cxn. May take some work to make useable. The AC input uses a std. PC power cord..nice!
Jul 24, 2003, 09:35 AM
Trader Rating: 66
R/C ADDICT
i just bought one from this guy got it for $26.00 shipped
awsome deal $8.00 shipping
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2546294947

works great with my new triton
thor
Jul 24, 2003, 09:52 AM
Trader Rating: 137
ultramega super star
Thread OP
There's probably a really good chance that you can adjust the output. I have a similar supply and it has a trim pot that will let 14.4vdc out. I thought shipping was kinda high also, but I'm guessing the supply is a pounds.

Jim
Jul 24, 2003, 10:10 AM
Trader Rating: 2

13.8 vs 12vdc

Most devices designed to work at 12vdc will work okay from around 11 volts to about 15 volts; you would have to check the rated input tolerance. Undoubtedly, there is a way to adjust the voltage up a bit, but - assuming it isn't obvious - it may take a schematic and some pretty serious electronic knowledge.
Fred

Quick Reply