Thread Tools
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:30 AM
fpainter3 is offline
Find More Posts by fpainter3
Registered User
fpainter3's Avatar

What the---


I just set up my GA250 on a HK600 went through all of the settings. got it just right.
Gyro was working perfectly

Went to charge a battery, when the battery was charged I tested it again, and the gyro stopped working- servo moves, all of the travels are OK the blue light comes on when in rate mode, it just will not make any corrections based on the helicopter position.

Now it works again.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2012, 05:02 PM
sss34 is offline
Find More Posts by sss34
Registered User
Hi. I just got this gyro for my hk450 v2 and I need to know how to install it in the heli. I am new to helis but this is the second time I am building a heli.
Thanks
Old Nov 23, 2012, 05:08 PM
fpainter3 is offline
Find More Posts by fpainter3
Registered User
fpainter3's Avatar

bounce still there


I might be talking to myself, but I have one of the newer models with the delay function.

The bounce back is still there no matter what I do.
1. Setting the delay higher just makes the servo response sloppy.
2. The bounce back has nothing to do with helicopter or gyro response.
3. It is apparently programmed to compensate for overshoot from the command,
4. it compensates way too much, and there is no adjustment for that compensation.
It was tolerable when I had it on a 450, but it is really annoying on my 600.


Has there been another update I am not aware of?
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:28 AM
Tomf35 is offline
Find More Posts by Tomf35
Registered User
[QUOTE=fpainter3;23344617]I might be talking to myself, but I have one of the newer models with the delay function.

-----------------------------------------------
I like this gyro and always open this post.
Please post, maybe other are watching, too.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:20 AM
fpainter3 is offline
Find More Posts by fpainter3
Registered User
fpainter3's Avatar
[QUOTE=Tomf35;23425962]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpainter3 View Post
I might be talking to myself, but I have one of the newer models with the delay function.

-----------------------------------------------
I like this gyro and always open this post.
Please post, maybe other are watching, too.
What is your point, do you know of another upgrade?
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:11 AM
efx is offline
efx
Find More Posts by efx
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
efx's Avatar
I just got my new gyro and it's a gray label. Does this mean I have to sent it back for an update Meng? What label are you guys sticking to as I've had a red last time I ordered and now I'm back to gray. It has the same numbers as the red label on the back. I'm starting to think the label may not matter or did I just get an old stock? Can't be, HK has been out of them I thought. I just opened the box and it also comes with the delay sheet, so I guess the color of the label doesn't mean anything really. So if you're just buying them you should be fine.
Last edited by efx; Dec 03, 2012 at 10:21 AM.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:02 PM
scott page is offline
Find More Posts by scott page
Registered User
scott page's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
I just got my new gyro and it's a gray label. Does this mean I have to sent it back for an update Meng? What label are you guys sticking to as I've had a red last time I ordered and now I'm back to gray. It has the same numbers as the red label on the back. I'm starting to think the label may not matter or did I just get an old stock? Can't be, HK has been out of them I thought. I just opened the box and it also comes with the delay sheet, so I guess the color of the label doesn't mean anything really. So if you're just buying them you should be fine.
The firmware has been stable for several months now. I can;'t imagine there are any more in the distribution stream with the old firmware.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Old OpenTX and Taranis Videos
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:12 PM
efx is offline
efx
Find More Posts by efx
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
efx's Avatar
You're right, I doubt it. It looks like they should be fine, just don't go by the label color any more as I just found out.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 08:32 PM
ASSAN is offline
Find More Posts by ASSAN
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
You're right, I doubt it. It looks like they should be fine, just don't go by the label color any more as I just found out.
the current label is printed on the box,it's grey. the old grey label is a printed paper and stick at the side.

we product the current version for many months.HK haven't old version stock.

recently, we finished in company tests of our new 3 axies flybarless controller.we will working on this item in the follwoing months.we looked back the GA250's software, engineers think it's have no need to change.it's just fine and will keep it.

yours,

meng
Old Dec 04, 2012, 09:21 PM
Chubbs is offline
Find More Posts by Chubbs
Fly, crash, rebuild, repeat
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSAN View Post
recently, we finished in company tests of our new 3 axies flybarless controller.we will working on this item in the follwoing months.we looked back the GA250's software, engineers think it's have no need to change.it's just fine and will keep it.
Maybe i've been out of the loop, but this is news to me. Any idea on a release date? Are you guys shooting for the same low price market the GA250 occupies, or will this be a higher end FBL controller?

I have several GA250's, and I've been very, very happy with them. They would have been a bargain at twice the price, but at $10, they're just incredible. If you guys are working on an FBL system, sign me up!
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:42 AM
fpainter3 is offline
Find More Posts by fpainter3
Registered User
fpainter3's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSAN View Post
in the follwoing months.we looked back the GA250's software, engineers think it's have no need to change.it's just fine and will keep it.

yours,

meng
The "bounce back" when you stop commanded rotation in either direction still exists.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 12:09 PM
2Doggs is online now
Find More Posts by 2Doggs
Grounded
2Doggs's Avatar

No fix needed?


I only ever had stop bounce on one side with my (three) GA-250's, used on 450's.

I'd be more excited about an Assan FBL controller if their engineers didn't have this "it's fine, it doesn't need fixing" attitude. It doesn't bode well for the FBL controller.... and the CX 3x1000 at $30 will be hard for them to compete with.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 01:53 PM
OlliW is online now
Find More Posts by OlliW
OlliW
Quote:
I'd be more excited about an Assan FBL controller if their engineers didn't have this "it's fine, it doesn't need fixing" attitude. It doesn't bode well for the FBL controller.... and the CX 3x1000 at $30 will be hard for them to compete with.
totally agreed

... but maybe it is (like the GA250) a very good hardware platform for DIY firmware projects ...
Old Dec 05, 2012, 03:16 PM
2Doggs is online now
Find More Posts by 2Doggs
Grounded
2Doggs's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlliW View Post
... but maybe it is (like the GA250) a very good hardware platform for DIY firmware projects ...
Now you're talking!
Old Dec 05, 2012, 08:30 PM
ASSAN is offline
Find More Posts by ASSAN
Registered User
[QUOTE=2Doggs;23447766]I only ever had stop bounce on one side with my (three) GA-250's, used on 450's.

QUOTE]

left and right side need different setting sometime,and GA250 haven't such feature.GA510 have,you can try it.

we have some limited and can't make big change on GA250(hardware,software,operated way etc), which "no change" means we find we have no space to do more works on GA250.

OlliW have a good works on GA250's DIY project. thanks.

new FBL is not the cheapest product.


meng


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Turnigy Mini Mems/SJGD Mini Mems Programming Box Help jon6565 3D Electric Heli Flying 6 May 15, 2012 02:15 AM
New Product New HobbyKing Mini MEMS Gyro bwoollia Electric Heli Talk 3 Nov 01, 2010 11:16 PM
Question MEMs gyro accuracy BarrelRoll UAV - Unmanned Aerial Vehicles 8 Oct 26, 2007 09:06 AM