Dec 28, 2010, 10:06 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Hobby king email says package may take 45 days to arrive?

Did I ask for the slow boat method? Yikes! Please tell me this isn't gonna take 45 days.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 28, 2010, 10:08 PM
my karma ranover my dogma
You need patience when dealing with Hobby King....

China to Canada....

I have waited as long as 2 months for some orders... and as little as 10 days for others...
Dec 28, 2010, 10:55 PM
Thou who know not
I haven't bought a single thing from HK due to their shipping methods. Paying $5 more a battery or $20 more for a plane is worth the expense.
Dec 28, 2010, 11:23 PM
FPVEEE ED
Where do you find those batteries that cost just 5$ more ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Po73
I haven't bought a single thing from HK due to their shipping methods. Paying $5 more a battery or $20 more for a plane is worth the expense.
Dec 28, 2010, 11:24 PM
Thou who know not
Hobbypartz.com and Readymaderc.com.
Dec 28, 2010, 11:29 PM
FPVEEE ED
Ok, i know hobbypartz... Good price but batteries are allways on b-o... I'll give readymaderc a try Thanx !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Po73
Hobbypartz.com and Readymaderc.com.
Dec 28, 2010, 11:48 PM
Sam in Virginia
I placed an order on 12/13/10 for 2 lipo battery's that was in stock in the USA warehouse. Supposed to be shipped USPS Priority Mail.USPS Priority Mail 1-3Day US-PM $11.74
I get an Email 12/13/10 saying my order is packed and sent to the dispatch area and allow 48 hrs for tracking info. I get the tracking number and the status hasn't changed
The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on December 15, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

It's been 15 days since I placed my order. What is Hobby King doing?
Dec 28, 2010, 11:51 PM
U.S. Postal Service is the problem. They had my stuff for over 90-days.
Dec 28, 2010, 11:54 PM
400' + is where fun starts.
I ordered the Globalhawk from them Dec 17 and got it 21st. Not too bad. Most I waited from them is 17 days. That was from China. The UsPS does not update there shipping info at all most times.
Dec 29, 2010, 12:08 AM
Like others said, with regular shipping, on average it takes 30 days for stuff to get here.. EMS is much much faster, but I only use it when I have big orders.. I sometimes go in with others to split up shipping.
Dec 29, 2010, 05:04 AM
Suspended Account
I've found the shipping from HK to USA to fast. I'm sorry to say as I am friends with my mail man, but customs and the USPS is the slowest part in the shipping process.
Dec 29, 2010, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrScoles
Did I ask for the slow boat method? Yikes! Please tell me this isn't gonna take 45 days.
Thats the caveat emptor, Hobby King and many chinese sellers say don't contact us before 45 days, and PayPal says if there's a problem you have to contact us before 45 days. When you do contact PayPal they say contact the seller first. But the seller says 'Its not 45 days yet'.
What a coincidence....

But somehow I don't think it is a coincidence.

If your package doesn't turn up, your screwed.
Dec 29, 2010, 11:51 AM
I had been having reasonably good luck with HobbyKing shipping. I've had a half-dozen or so orders shipped via registered mail that arrived in about two weeks. However, I now have two LiPo orders that have been sitting in Singapore for nearly two weeks. EMS shipping.... Anyone know if the UPS shipping option is significantly faster, or does it get hung up along the way as well? I think it was $10 more, but would have been worth it to get my parts over Christmas vacation (when I'm off work) instead of sometime next year.

All of my orders so far have cleared customs in under a day. I get a kick out of reading the customs invoice that HK includes- "plastic toy parts" sent as a "gift" from my mysterious uncle "J Wu", with dollar values far less than reality.
Dec 29, 2010, 11:58 AM
A trick that I have learned is to not use EMS shipping. Yes it costs more and you think it will get here sooner. Wrong I ship all my packags through registered airmail. MUCH much quicker.
Dec 29, 2010, 12:50 PM
FPVing for fun...
I got orders delivered in 5 to 30 days from HK... so anything in between would rate as "normal"...

Quick Reply