Jul 23, 2012, 10:52 AM
Sir Crashalot
Evidently the white one (Syma S107G) from batterysuperstore is currently listed at $19.89 (go to amazon then search for s107g). But if I click on my old link for which I got it for $16.99, it still shows $16.99, and the website will still let me add it to the shopping cart, although I have not gone through the entire process of purchase; leads me to believe one can take advantage of an old listed price and use it forever?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 23, 2012, 12:40 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Stonecutter, that's wishful thinking, and I wish you were right.

Don't ask me why, but Battery Superstore has 2 deals at Amazon and different prices for a long time. This applies to the White model and the Green model. I've been monitoring them for a while now. The prices go up and down like the stock market. The two prices you quoted are the current prices for the 2 deals. But they don't always remain at those prices. If you don't believe me, you could check back in a few days.

$16.99 is by far the lowest I've seen for white, and it undercuts the competition by quite a bit. I love that color, except replacement parts are not as easy to find or cheap. If you don't mind that disadvantage and you like White, I would highly recommend that you make a move to order. I paid $18.50 and I thought it was a steal. At that price, buying two is more attractive than buying replacement parts down the road.
Jul 23, 2012, 12:57 PM
I just got two new yellows for $16.75. Ordered last friday. Arrived today, monday. Free shipping. They fly great. I was worried because they came from that one seller Heli Pad warned about? Luckily no problems. I also orderd this heli-grapple set. Should make the symas more interesting to fly. Hopefully it'll ship soon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00

By the way I swear I saw the red symas going for $13.25 a few weeks ago with free s/h. I started to mention it on here.
Jul 23, 2012, 02:13 PM
Sir Crashalot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad
Stonecutter, that's wishful thinking, and I wish you were right.

Don't ask me why, but Battery Superstore has 2 deals at Amazon and different prices for a long time. This applies to the White model and the Green model. I've been monitoring them for a while now. The prices go up and down like the stock market. The two prices you quoted are the current prices for the 2 deals. But they don't always remain at those prices. If you don't believe me, you could check back in a few days.

$16.99 is by far the lowest I've seen for white, and it undercuts the competition by quite a bit. I love that color, except replacement parts are not as easy to find or cheap. If you don't mind that disadvantage and you like White, I would highly recommend that you make a move to order. I paid $18.50 and I thought it was a steal. At that price, buying two is more attractive than buying replacement parts down the road.
Yeah, I had a feeling I was missing something, Amazon is too smart to have that big a loop hole

But still I don't seem to get the lower price link when I search for "s107g", is it random that one gets the lower price link? How do you reliably check for existence of a lower price?
Jul 23, 2012, 03:46 PM
The current price for the white S107 from Battery Superstore is $19.56. I never did see the $16.99 price so it pays to watch daily (just like the stock market but include weekends ). Speaking of changing prices, the blue S107 was at $17.72 yesterday from Battery Superstore, currently at $18.35. The yellow and red ones are still at their low prices of July 20.
Jul 23, 2012, 04:04 PM
Sir Crashalot
Egad! (I always wanted to use that expression, but never had a chance till now) I clicked on my old link and the price indeed has changed, from $16.99 to $19.50. (HIR/Cer, is that a typo, or did the price really changed in 15 minutes?)
Jul 23, 2012, 05:00 PM
RC beginner
caching...
Jul 23, 2012, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter
Egad! (I always wanted to use that expression, but never had a chance till now) I clicked on my old link and the price indeed has changed, from $16.99 to $19.50. (HIR/Cer, is that a typo, or did the price really changed in 15 minutes?)
Was curious about the price change so just did a search using 'S107 white' and out of the three links available, Batery Superstore is in two listings with different prices: $19.50 and $19.89! The $19.56 price was definitely listed earler today.
Jul 24, 2012, 10:13 PM
GOT WINGS

s107

I needed parts for my S107g a while back and ordered a 107 from Xnitropartz for nine dollars. They said no electronic parts were included. Ordered a couple other parts with it and paid about 5 for shipping. The S107 was an older model, not the 107g, no transmitter or extra blades with it, but I took it out of the box, turned it on, and it flew just fine-a complete working heli. Still works now several months later. So I paid less than $14 for it without Tx.
Latest blog entry: UMX Air Tractor BNF
Jul 24, 2012, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier
I needed parts for my S107g a while back and ordered a 107 from Xnitropartz for nine dollars. They said no electronic parts were included. Ordered a couple other parts with it and paid about 5 for shipping. The S107 was an older model, not the 107g, no transmitter or extra blades with it, but I took it out of the box, turned it on, and it flew just fine-a complete working heli. Still works now several months later. So I paid less than $14 for it without Tx.
You got a great deal! Xheli and Nitroplanes sale these "S107G parts" for $9. They are non-working units, good for parts donor. However, every once in a while you get a nearly functional one. If you know your helicopter, you could fix it without investing a lot. But yours flies out of the box! You're very lucky.

But at current prices, it almost make better sense, just to spend a few bucks more and get a brand new RTF unit. Don't roll the dice and hope to get a working unit without the Tx.
Aug 02, 2012, 08:08 PM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new

Overstock Deals is offering the S108 for $17.94 and it's eligible for Free SS Shipping. You know how Amazon prices change all the time, so who knows how long until it gets back above $18.
Aug 02, 2012, 09:34 PM
That's a great deal. I got mine just above $18. The S108G is a good helicopter.
Aug 04, 2012, 10:59 PM
http://toys.dailysteals.com/

Drift King JXD 340 4 channel for $25 shipped. Good for the next 24 hours.
Aug 06, 2012, 02:12 AM
The white S107 from Battery Superstore now listing for $16.99 on Amazon. For the red or the yellow S107, it's $16.76. 'Colors may vary' S107 at $16.45. All the prices are from Battery Superstore.
Aug 12, 2012, 02:45 AM
The Juichon 9C002 (full RTF kit) at $28.80 shipped:

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html (select the color box above quantity to see the total price).

A bit off-topic (not a coax) but it looks like a good deal for a 4ch 2.4GHz heli. As always with HK sellers, be sure every detail is clear (do not hesitate asking the seller) before ordering.

Quick Reply