New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Jan 02, 2011, 03:22 PM
Brosol is offline
Find More Posts by Brosol
Brosol
Brosol's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwholler View Post
i would suggest you cancel your transaction. what ebay seller would pull their account? Its obviously ebay that did this, and he appearss to be doing another listing for even less money under a new name for around $20

this is the listing the scammer has put up now.. DO NOT ORDER THIS..
http://cgi.ebay.com/GYRO-Metal-4ch-M...item4cf434279b
Another big clue this scammer is also lazy. If you click on the link for spare parts, it will take to another seller (original?) from which the scammer ripped the ad from.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/GYRO-Metal-4c...item3a5cf81859
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2011, 03:25 PM
Doubletap is offline
Find More Posts by Doubletap
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
Doubletap's Avatar

Paypal Payment canceled!


I refreshed my Ebay summary page, and I noticed that now there is a note next to the auction I bid on it for the Falcon, it says, "THIS USER IS NO LONGER REGISTERED on EBAY"



I Immediately, CANCELED my PayPal payment. I would suggest everyone that ordered this thing, do the same immediately!
Old Jan 02, 2011, 03:26 PM
bulesz is offline
Find More Posts by bulesz
Registered User
bulesz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
"Situation Report" On Ebay Falcon 4 CH RC helicopter.OK, I noticed that my PayPal payment submitted for this item on Jan. 1 for this heli, today it remains status as "Unclaimed" , The link to the auction has indeed has been removed , the status this morning showed as "Ended, with 100 Sold, I've posted a screen shot of this that I has saved from my buffer this morning when the listing was still available. See the pic I posted. I just sent an email to the vendor through Ebay, notifying him what is happening with his listing and my payment. I also asked him to respond immediately with proof and assurance that his auction was for a legitimate item, and that I would be receiving what I paid for. Because, I can still "cancel' the PayPal payment while the payment remains as "Unclaimed" status. I told him I would do this unless he responds to immediately and assure me I will getting my heli.


Look at the transaction, if your payment is "unclaimed', there is "Cancel" button.next to the payment details.




I'm going to give him 24 hours to respond, If I don't hear from him, I will try to cancel at that point, Otherwise I will call PayPal.
Regarding to your screenshot:

It showed 199 sold...so 199*20 = 3980 USD!!!
And he had two listings.. so this bucks may be doubled...
Old Jan 02, 2011, 04:06 PM
uabass is offline
Find More Posts by uabass
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulesz View Post
Regarding to your screenshot:

It showed 199 sold...so 199*20 = 3980 USD!!!
And he had two listings.. so this bucks may be doubled...
I don't think he made off with anything because the PayPal payments were "unclaimed". It was easy to cancel payments made to him.
Old Jan 02, 2011, 04:47 PM
richh is online now
Find More Posts by richh
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
I refreshed my Ebay summary page, and I noticed that now there is a note next to the auction I bid on it for the Falcon, it says, "THIS USER IS NO LONGER REGISTERED on EBAY"



I Immediately, CANCELED my PayPal payment. I would suggest everyone that ordered this thing, do the same immediately!
Looks to be the version that's missing the two trim knobs on the tx anyway.
Old Jan 02, 2011, 06:30 PM
edwong3 is offline
Find More Posts by edwong3
Registered User
edwong3's Avatar
Apparently this item was pulled too. What a shame that some people think they can get away with scamming like that.

Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwholler View Post
i would suggest you cancel your transaction. what ebay seller would pull their account? Its obviously ebay that did this, and he appearss to be doing another listing for even less money under a new name for around $20

this is the listing the scammer has put up now.. DO NOT ORDER THIS..
http://cgi.ebay.com/GYRO-Metal-4ch-M...item4cf434279b
Old Jan 02, 2011, 06:47 PM
isaacs is offline
Find More Posts by isaacs
Registered User
Ok I'll add to the frenzy
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-rc-mini-heli...item5ade3d30ab 4ch with ir
http://cgi.ebay.com/GYRO-Metal-4ch-M...item3cb2fb4efa 4ch with ir again (Australia)
http://cgi.ebay.com/2-4G-4-Channel-4...item5d2cdd89d2 4ch 2.4ghz $33au (china based)
http://cgi.ebay.com/GYRO-4ch-Mini-Ra...item3f05f3ac73 4ch ir cheap looking $27 (china)

However FYI some of these units use a cheap head
Old Jan 02, 2011, 06:51 PM
funinthefalls is offline
Find More Posts by funinthefalls
Registered User
isaacs, all of those listings have been removed from ebay.
Old Jan 02, 2011, 07:09 PM
dwholler is offline
Find More Posts by dwholler
Check out my RC Video Blog
dwholler's Avatar
Well it appears with the new year some people wanna make a fast buck by trying to rip us off, so I am going to implement a new rule in the thread.

All deals/posts from eBay must have AT LEAST 10 POSITIVE FEEDBACKS FROM MULTIPLE BUYERS, before you can list them in the thread.

If you want to buy an item with less than that 10 positive feedbacks, then its on you to take that risk, but please dont list it here.

Thank goodness ebay seems to be on top of it, and did a great job dealing with this.
Old Jan 02, 2011, 07:16 PM
Doubletap is offline
Find More Posts by Doubletap
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
Doubletap's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwholler View Post
Well it appears with the new year some people wanna make a fast buck by trying to rip us off, so I am going to implement a new rule in the thread.

All deals/posts from eBay must have AT LEAST 10 POSITIVE FEEDBACKS FROM MULTIPLE BUYERS, before you can list them in the thread.

If you want to buy an item with less than that 10 positive feedbacks, then its on you to take that risk, but please dont list it here.

Thank goodness ebay seems to be on top of it, and did a great job dealing with this.
Yep, I know some people don't like Ebay/PayPal, but they have a well developed infrastructure that provides redundant safety measures to protect buyers.
Old Jan 02, 2011, 09:05 PM
nysom is offline
Find More Posts by nysom
Registered User
nysom's Avatar
[QUOTE=Doubletap; I Immediately, CANCELED my PayPal payment. I would suggest everyone that ordered this thing, do the same immediately![/QUOTE]

My payment went through on the 30th. I'll let you guy's know how cool it is when I get it. Sent a email to the seller and asked for a tracking number when they ship.
Old Jan 02, 2011, 09:09 PM
nysom is offline
Find More Posts by nysom
Registered User
nysom's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulesz View Post
Regarding to your screenshot:

It showed 199 sold...so 199*20 = 3980 USD!!!
And he had two listings.. so this bucks may be doubled...

bulesz, last count I had was 207 between the 2 auctions. At $25.99AU each that's $5,379AU or $5,472US.
Old Jan 02, 2011, 09:18 PM
Hayabusa Heli is offline
Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Heli Mania
Hayabusa Heli's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nysom View Post
My payment went through on the 30th. I'll let you guy's know how cool it is when I get it. Sent a email to the seller and asked for a tracking number when they ship.
Your payment went through on the scammer's 4-ch heli? Hummm ...
Old Jan 02, 2011, 09:30 PM
Kurpal is offline
Find More Posts by Kurpal
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
Your payment went through on the scammer's 4-ch heli? Hummm ...
Yea, I noticed all the listings were removed - I sent a fraud alert to ebay earlier. I have no idea if it was related but the postings were pulled within a few hours.
Old Jan 03, 2011, 12:24 AM
nysom is offline
Find More Posts by nysom
Registered User
nysom's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
Your payment went through on the scammer's 4-ch heli? Hummm ...
Yea, there was no record of the auction anywhere in my-ebay after they removed the auctions so I logged into paypal and I have a transaction id # with payment on 12/30. I have the name of the person that the money was paid to also.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yippee! Ignore This Thread for 20 and under anti-gravity Chit Chat 535 Apr 10, 2010 11:06 AM
Found Radio and Rcv for under $20 shipped jteplane Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 1 Nov 09, 2009 04:44 PM
Sold TX heli $85 sale all reciever under $20 shipped L@@K Fune Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 16 Jul 29, 2009 12:13 PM
Sold 72Mhz Rx's. Electrons, Superslims under all $20 shipped Fune Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 10 Jul 24, 2009 01:03 AM
Sold RX 72Mhz all under $20 shipped Fune Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 6 Jul 22, 2009 11:28 PM