Old Dec 28, 2010, 07:20 AM
Find More Posts by kaighn80
Help!

flyor fj 748

right i turned 30 on boxing day and mum and dad thought it would be a good idea to buy me an rc heli. lovely little thing in its case and all that came with usb charger which is cool. im having a problem though. this is my first heli and ive never flown one before, took my usual approach of slowly slowly chatchy monkey. i can get it to hover and move around but if i use anything mote than 1/3 throttle it stops and plummets, is this something i'm doing wrong or is there a problem with the heli? what batteries should i be using in the remote, im using duracell ultra power 1.5v 1500mah (i think) looking to buy rechargables any suggestions? also is there anything i need to practice to become a better pilot? are there any specific maneuvers that would help? thanks in advance!
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2010, 08:43 AM
Find More Posts by scotsoft
Master Of My Universe
I am not familiar with this heli but it should not plummet to the ground, you should be able to put full throttle on if you wanted to.
I think the heli is losing the IR signal and you should consider returning it for a replacement.

Is it from the seller oceantradersworldwide? If it was then at least they are in the UK so making it easier to get it back to them.

Duracell batteries are fine, I use the cheap ones from the £1 shop and I also use rechargeable AA's, they are 2900mAh but a lesser mAh figure would be fine as well. The AA's are not your problem.

Hope this helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaighn80 View Post
right i turned 30 on boxing day and mum and dad thought it would be a good idea to buy me an rc heli. lovely little thing in its case and all that came with usb charger which is cool. im having a problem though. this is my first heli and ive never flown one before, took my usual approach of slowly slowly chatchy monkey. i can get it to hover and move around but if i use anything mote than 1/3 throttle it stops and plummets, is this something i'm doing wrong or is there a problem with the heli? what batteries should i be using in the remote, im using duracell ultra power 1.5v 1500mah (i think) looking to buy rechargables any suggestions? also is there anything i need to practice to become a better pilot? are there any specific maneuvers that would help? thanks in advance!