Ardupirates Hexacopter Build Log
Here it is !!! The ArduPirates Project.
Pretty stoked about it and can`t wait to get my Copters in the air!!
First there is planed a Hexa which I will use for FPV and Filming.
The second one will be a quad for testing new Functions and what is possible with the Board.
ArduPirates Hexacopter Build Log
Here is my Build Log about my new Hexacopter on Arducopter Base with Ardupirates Code, that I build for Camera flights and FPV.
Motor to Motor distance will be 54 cm which is the smallest possible distance for 10" Props.
kinderkram`s Arducopter Build Log
Ardupirates Facebook Group
Ardupirates Vimeo Group
German Fourm Link
ArduCopter Platform Feature List
* 6 Degree of Freedom IMU stabilized control
* Gyro stabilized flight mode enabling acrobatics (loops and barrel rolls)
* GPS for position hold
* Magnetometer for heading determination
* Barometer for altitude hold
* IR sensor integration for obstacle avoidance
* Sonar sensor for automated takeoff and landing capability
* Automated waypoint navigation
* Motor control using low cost standard PWM Electronics Speed Controllers (ESC's) later I2C
* On board flight telemetery data storage
* Mounted camera stabilization capability
* Wireless command & telemetry for long distance communication
* Capability to fly in "+", "x", quad, hexa and octo configurations
* Battery level detection
* User configurable LED flight pattern
* Capability to use any R/C receiver
* ArduCopter Configuration and Ground Control Software
* Realtime graphs of flight data
* GUI for configuration of PID and other flight parameters
* On Screen Display (OSD) integration
* Waypoint programming using Google Maps
* Mixertable view to auto configure "+", "x", quad, hexa and octo configurations
Parts I use for the Hexacopter:
Adrupilot Mega Flightcontrol
Ardupilot IMU Shield Sensor Board
Triple Axis Magnetometer
KDA 20-22L Motors
25A ESC Hobbyking programmable
The first thing i made was constructing the Frame Parts for my Hexa which will be milled the next few day`s
Here a screenshot from Solid Works:
CNC Stuff is done !!
Today I build the frame and mounted the Motors and ESC.
Here a few pictures:
small Parts out of CNC
Arms with LED:
Main Frame assembled:
Landing Gear mounted:
ESC and Motors mounted and connected:
28.12.2010 second update:
Ok the Frame is ready for the Brain!!
Now i habe to wait for the Rest of my components.
I hope custom Inspections here in Germany work fast now.
Package arrived on Monday in Germany.
28.12.2010 third update:
Camera Mount is ready.
looks fine and no vibrations on the camera I hope.
" Brain " arrived and is build in the Copter
Now I have to upload the Software and make all calibrations.
31.12.2010 Pirateship AIRBORN
Today i could make a few Testflights in Stabel and Acro Mode
Seems like all is working brilliant!!
See the Pictures and Video below.
Very cold wet weather causes Ice on the Propellers ^^
How to connect the ESCīs to the FC:
Flightcontroller before Version 1.4:
#if AIRFRAME == HEXA
APM_RC.OutputCh(0, LeftCWMotor); // Left Motor CW
APM_RC.OutputCh(1, LeftCCWMotor); // Left Motor CCW
APM_RC.OutputCh(2, RightCWMotor); // Right Motor CW
APM_RC.OutputCh(3, RightCCWMotor); // Right Motor CCW
APM_RC.OutputCh(6, FrontCWMotor); // Front Motor CW
APM_RC.OutputCh(7, BackCCWMotor); // Back Motor CCW
Flightcontroller from Version 1.4:
#if AIRFRAME == HEXA
APM_RC.OutputCh(1, LeftCWMotor); // Left Motor CW
APM_RC.OutputCh(2, LeftCCWMotor); // Left Motor CCW
APM_RC.OutputCh(3, RightCWMotor); // Right Motor CW
APM_RC.OutputCh(4, RightCCWMotor); // Right Motor CCW
APM_RC.OutputCh(7, FrontCWMotor); // Front Motor CW
APM_RC.OutputCh(8, BackCCWMotor); // Back Motor CCW
The 2 Pins between the ESCīs are for Cameramount!!
What is very important is that you have to disconnect your ESC`s for programming the Board with USB Power!!
Only let ESC`s plugged if you have connected Flight Battery!!
Last edited by Norf; Feb 05, 2011 at 12:38 PM.
Man, you're moving so damn fast!
Looks like a competitor of my build log.
@ Jukub: the barometer is part of the oilpan (IMU/sensor board). So he'll surely use it for altitude hold. Sonars aren't an issue for Norf since he'll be flying his pirate ship high up in the sky!
Unfortunately GPS is out of stock
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Build Log||German Mini40 Trimaran "Nightmare Mk.VIII"-kit buildlog||disabled||Sailboats||32||Jul 06, 2012 10:07 AM|
|Build Log||A modified rbc Spitfire buildlog.||radek||Scale Kit/Scratch Built||7||Feb 07, 2006 01:32 PM|