Jan 07, 2011, 07:42 AM
London Ontario Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpw
All that tinkering with the basic disk and beyond , led us eventually back to this which has been the best performer so far ... for me ..
GPW, like the looks of this one, what's the size, power, etc... I always go back to my Delta Dart, when I get tired of Pies.... Like Frank said, Pie are squares..... Ho ho..
Hey, did you see the video of the latest ETOC??
to remove ads between posts
Jan 07, 2011, 08:42 AM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
Art, it's about the same size as all the rest (about 24" WS) ... power too .. This was a shape I lifted (stole) from the WW1 German Albatross biplane tail section ... Which turned out to be more agile than the disk /pie... a compromise between a disk and a delta... best of both !!!
Been flying the 36" dia. USAF UFO lately ... a very smooth/stable flier much unlike it's smaller cousins... Almost like a Trainer!!
The 3D Albatross however is a Wild and Crazy aerobatic machine ... Kinda' Scary really !!! Just a modified disk shape , but what a difference ...
Still loving all disk planes , and will always have a couple on the ready line!!!
So glad to see much disk innovation here... !!!

Here in the lower 48, Pie R round , cornbread R square... hahahaha Yet to see a square pie in my 62 years ... Schmaybe' a Strudel ??? hahahaha

Love those Darts too , just built too many of them ..got burned out !!!
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
Jan 07, 2011, 08:47 AM
flyin' fool
Had so much fun at indoor, forgot about a vid. Next week! Fine tuned the CG and my thumbs there and had a blast.

Round ROCKS!!!
Jan 07, 2011, 08:55 AM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
... and Rolls !!!
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
Jan 07, 2011, 09:03 AM
flyin' fool
Although...........I re-visited an old friend at indoor this week, my 14" Yuk PBF and it's still groovy and cool and narley and killer and all that other stuff kids say these days.

It's all good..........
Jan 11, 2011, 03:26 PM
Flying...Pushing Air Down
Thread OP
It was really cold outside this morning, so I decided to fly in the house where it is much more comfortable.

Gary

Flying In The House (2 min 59 sec)

(2 min 35 sec)
Last edited by sr71fan; Jan 11, 2011 at 07:49 PM.
Jan 11, 2011, 04:25 PM
Flying Models for 57 years!
Gary After watching your video and getting a tour of your home, there is no doubt that your a model airplane guy Thanks for sharing the video

Bobby
Jan 11, 2011, 05:08 PM
flyin' fool
You missed the bathroom..........any foamie hanging in there?
Jan 11, 2011, 06:55 PM
Foam, foam on the range....
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpw
... hahahaha Yet to see a square pie in my 62 years ...

Well here ya go, gpw.... A Balfours square meat pie.

Cheers
Jan 11, 2011, 07:38 PM
When pigs fly rc
Gary

great video and talent . what a collection of planes you have!

Rich
Jan 11, 2011, 07:57 PM
Thread OP
Bobby,

You're right; I kinda' like those flying machines.

Goldguy,

"You missed the bathroom..........any foamie hanging in there?"

I'll need to buy some air fresher, first!

Didge,

A square pie; now I've seen it all!

Thanks Rich!

Gary

P.S. I just added another video to the 51st post. Somebody might think I've been hitting the bottle. Tried to crash a couple of times.
Jan 12, 2011, 12:57 AM
flyin' fool
I was telling the better half about your video and the inventory, and she sez.........."has he got a wife?"
Jan 12, 2011, 02:32 AM
flyin' fool
Added another dimension and only 0.1 oz. Got that by changing the pushrods from wire to CF to make up for the added weight of the LG.
Jan 12, 2011, 08:41 AM
Thread OP
Goldguy,

"has he got a wife?"

Used to!

Great looking GB!

Jan 13, 2011, 07:27 AM
London Ontario Canada
Ha ha, the trick to flyin in yer house is to wait till the mrs goes shoppin then, All hell breaks loose... Stucco off the ceiling everywhere, lamps knocked over, whoops, broke a picture, but had fun doing it...
Now, the cleanup, Hurry, mother is on her way home now.... Thanks to cell phones, I can keep track of her whereabouts..... Ho ho

Quick Reply