Dec 29, 2010, 11:33 AM
Maybe you remember this little paper model mockup... And yep rudder off the back is the way I would go too.

You also might consider these folks for batteries from California I believe with free shipping

http://www.rclipos.com/Hyperion_G3_CX.htm
Last edited by tymbrewolf; Dec 29, 2010 at 11:58 AM. Reason: added battery info
to remove ads between posts
Dec 29, 2010, 12:25 PM
flyin' fool
Now that's what I'm talking about...........you've put the 'P' in pudgy.
Dec 29, 2010, 12:35 PM
Which little servos do you guys recommend? I haven't bought anything smaller than the hxt 5g's.
Dec 29, 2010, 01:01 PM
What would sticking the nose out like in the Sack do to the flight charactoristics as it would increase the nose momement? I assume it would enhance stability, but hurt tight loops?
Dec 29, 2010, 01:41 PM
AKA Don
Quote:
Originally Posted by tymbrewolf
Which little servos do you guys recommend? I haven't bought anything smaller than the hxt 5g's.
I have had goos luck with these 2.5 g from Hi Model. They are actually aboout 3.6 g with wire and connector.
Dec 29, 2010, 07:22 PM
flyin' fool
Go with what you have, those 5g servos will fill the bill.

My 18" span ScrewBall, really a PiPlane by another name, is 5.6 ounces RTF with a wing loading of 3.2 oz. per sq. ft. and is very floaty. It uses a 2204 motor at around 21g, 2S 500 lipos, 3X5.6g Pico servos, a 10A ESC and Corona 2.4 4ch RX. All this equiptment is on the heavy side, plus it has LG, but it flys just fine with more thrust than weight. At 4.5 ounces, a realistic goal for an 18 incher, it would be much better for sure.
Dec 30, 2010, 02:03 AM
Foam, foam on the range....
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldguy
Before I started the operation with my trusty blade, I realized my doodle doesn't show ...
There's a million jokes right there, but I'm leaving them right alone...

Anyway, I'm looking forward to building one of these little fellers, as soon as I get finished with the 3D Delta.

Cheers
Dec 30, 2010, 05:53 AM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
Wolf , Sack's very Cool in a WW2 kinda' way !!! Scale ...
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
Dec 30, 2010, 07:25 AM
London Ontario Canada
Well well well, I comed back..... Boy, been a long time since I last saw you guys, or at least talked to ya's.... Been too busy buildin EPP flyers for indoor that I just didn't think of RCGroups...
Nice video sr71 and a heck of a good pilot to boot.... Now, as for these new "Pie" flyers, I've had one I drewup and made, out of EPP 5mm, at 15" dia, on a 17gr, 2C and calls it my "Mayhem"... It is a good indoor flyer, but the pilot is too old to do any thing wild with it, but gimmie time.....
Just finished another YAK 55 as an investigative project for a fellow in Sudbury who is going to kit them... Nice work so far, and clean CNC cutting to..
Dec 30, 2010, 07:37 AM
London Ontario Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by tymbrewolf
What would sticking the nose out like in the Sack do to the flight charactoristics as it would increase the nose momement? I assume it would enhance stability, but hurt tight loops?
Hi Tymbre..
Like this one, have you a plan????
Art
Dec 30, 2010, 09:56 AM
Art if I do one, it would be just a pi with a different fuse and tail. I would just blow up the picture of the side profile. Nice hearing from you. At home sick with the crud. I do have a new twist on an old plane though. Waiting to feel better to allow full attention to a maiden. Maybe by the weekend. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=118
Jan 01, 2011, 03:58 AM
flyin' fool
progress so far.............
Jan 01, 2011, 08:02 AM
Very little bottom fuse?
Jan 01, 2011, 10:59 AM
flyin' fool
About the same as on top, you just can't see it at that angle. Notice it doen't look anything like my doodles.
Jan 02, 2011, 07:46 PM
Flying RC Models for 60 years.
Gary: I know that the Fuselage is 13" long, can you give us the Fuselage height and Rudder measurements. Is that CF in the nose area?

Thanks
Bobby

Quick Reply