New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 26, 2010, 11:15 AM
Find More Posts by LMAO
Discussion

Interested in getting a Mikrokopter hex or a droidworx hex. How hard is set up?

I have a lot of experience with helicopters and airplanes and I'm wanting to get into ap with a multi rotor. Not a whole lot on how to set up one of these on the websites or here. I'm just wondering if I will be getting in over my head? What should I expect? Thanks.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2010, 11:37 AM
Find More Posts by wizprod
There will be some setting up to do... Be prepared to read quite a bit of documentation (and to be frustrated when you only can find what you are looking for in German :P), and to be very thorough in your building (test all solder connections and so on) as the MK isn't cheap at all :S

All that said, it's absolutely worth it!
Last edited by wizprod; Dec 26, 2010 at 11:51 AM.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 12:26 PM
Find More Posts by va3mw
Hoverfly seems to be worth considering as well.

http://www.hoverflytech.com

Mike
Old Dec 26, 2010, 09:04 PM
Find More Posts by LMAO
The hoverfly board is really nice since it doesn't have internal ESC's. Which is what I would like. just like all the other toys I play with. No pricing on the link, which usually means $$.

I'm toying with the Gaui, which will help me understand the basics. The nicer ship would be something I want to buy now but assemble later and do it myself.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 06:25 AM
Find More Posts by catlord
Hi,
if you have a lots of experience in RC devices, mounting a multirotor won't be so difficult.
There is a big comunity on multirotors, lots of website about mounting

About the frames: there is an alternative to droidworks for professionnal frames today ( my webshop )
Old Dec 28, 2010, 06:53 AM
Find More Posts by FlyingMcCoy
As for me I would prefer off the shelve plug and play type without having to mess with the coding and programing much.
I rather spend more time flying than scratching my head in frantic how to get it to work right.
Maybe its just me.

Happy New Year.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 07:12 AM
Find More Posts by catlord
It' all depends of what you want to do
If it's a hobby then you can pick up the QC450 from conrad, the parrot AR drone or the gaui.
If you plan to make some photos or if you plan to have a professionnal activitie you will have to put the finger inside the beast ^^
Old Dec 28, 2010, 08:19 AM
Find More Posts by LMAO
I already have the drone and just finished the gaui. The gaui will be great for FPV but I need a heavy lifter. Someone aproached me about a project and I need to lift at least 1-2 pounds.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 08:47 AM
Find More Posts by tom6696950
Take a look i have one and really like it

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1326529